Linden Lab Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Linden Lab

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Linden Lab

Found 20 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Linden Lab (United States) in Jun 2020

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Both of my interviewers were very friendly! The company seems to focus on your personality on top of your experience to see if you'd mesh well with the teams. Everyone was really nice and encouraging even during the interview. They got back to me relatively quickly and told me that I got the job within a few weeks!

Interview Questions
  • They ask about your background, if you've heard of or even used their largest platform before (Second Life), what your favorite games are, what you like to do in your free time
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Linden Lab (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2019

Interview

It was a great experience. They briefly skim through my portfolio and asked me what classes I'm taking for the semester. After that, they told me what they were working on at the company.

Interview Questions
  • How did you come up with the idea when you are working on this character?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Linden Lab (United States)

Interview

Wasn't really an interview everyone was free to create if you had the knowledge and ability. Wasn't really an interview everyone was free to create if you had the knowledge and ability

Interview Questions
    Linden Lab
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Linden Lab (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

The interview was quick and the response was quick as well. The recruiter reached out and was able to set up an interview within days. Had about three different interviews.

Interview Questions
    Linden Lab
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Linden Lab (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2016

Interview

I applied through their website. Process took about 2 weeks. Was contacted by HR Manager via email and asked to do a tech screening with their tech lead. Tech screening was via phone and lasted about 30 minutes. Was flown onsite to their office in San Francisco where I met with the team the position would be working with. Was given a tour of the office. There were 7 back to back interviews with a break in between for lunch. It was basically to check if I was qualified to work with them, they asked several questions for the white board. I was told about a week later that they chose to go with another candidate. The whole experience was really exhilarating.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how to structure specific pieces like a sql query, and parts of restful api.
    Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
    Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Linden Lab (Brighton, England)

Interview

Google style; multiple segments (5) of chat and questions on different technical areas, by different team members, both at manager level and with other developers I'd be working with. Included a whiteboard pseudocode problem-solving challenge and questions finding out whether I knew and understood basic ideas in technologies and design patterns/techniques for the skills involved in the role applied for. A chance to ask questions of the staff during each part too. Then at the end a non-computer related problem to solve a well-known physical puzzle/toy in a set state (only a few repeated pattern of moves away from solved), if I could.

Interview Questions
    • What HTTP response codes are and to list some/what they're used for
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Linden Lab (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016

Interview

I interviewed with environment lead, character lead, art director and product lead. One on one for about an hour. Very informal and casual. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. Product lead asked the majority of the more challenging questions but over all a great group of people that at the end of the day want to make a good product while having a good time.

Interview Questions
    • What would you be doing next week if you don't get this job?
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Linden Lab (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2015

Interview

I applied online, the recruiter contacted me after two days to learn more about my background , skills, etc. Then director of data warehouse reached out to me and then they invited me for onsite interview, where I spent the whole day being interviewed by the team . The whole interview was a waste of time for everyone . Simply these guys don't know what they are doing and definitely not serious about hiring .

Interview Questions
    Linden Lab
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Linden Lab (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2015

Interview

I had my initial phone screen interview with recruiting, and was immediately followed up with a 2nd interview with the Art Director the next day. Once the interview was complete, I was then promptly contacted by recruiting to set up an in person interview for the following week. I met with each art team department lead as well as the Director of Product. The entire interview lasted about 2hrs. I immediately felt very comfortable and welcomed by each interviewer. I was asked about my experience and knowledge of specific software. I was given a brief breakdown of the role and what would be expected of the role I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me a breakdown of your character creation process and what software you use to do it?
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Linden Lab (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2015

Interview

1. Phone Screen 2. All-day on-site interview Interview was okay. If the interview did not go well (even if it seemed like it did), they don't call back to tell you that you didn't get the job. They are extremely focused on how to build REST applications so be prepared to answer architectural questions on how you would build certain types of systems.

Interview Questions
    • What is Ruby on Rails good for? What would you build with it?
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 20