Linden Lab Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Linden Lab Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Linden Lab

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Linden Lab (Seattle, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

Very flaky interview process. Initial was a phone screen with an HR recruiter, then a technical phone interview with a developer. Was told to expect a call in the next couple of days to schedule a in person interview. Didn't hear anything or get any response back from checking in until 3 weeks later when they asked to schedule an interview, no explanation for the delay.

They flew me down to their headquarters for a 7 person all day interview battery. Was told I would hear about a decision within the next couple days. No response at all from them following that, not even the courtesy rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• What are some advantages/disadavantages of SOAP over REST?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Linden Lab

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Linden Lab (Davis, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

The interviews were fun in most cases. I was able to talk to quite a few really smart and interesting people. The frustrating part was that I had to go through 1:1 interviews with 7 people, 6 on the same day. That seemed kind of excessive.

Interview Questions

• An abstract question about ways to simulate behavior of workers who move stools around a workspace in some controlled way, and what the expected results would be.   12 Answers

Negotiation

It went well, I accepted their first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Linden Lab (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Screen
    2. All-day on-site interview

Interview was okay. If the interview did not go well (even if it seemed like it did), they don't call back to tell you that you didn't get the job.

They are extremely focused on how to build REST applications so be prepared to answer architectural questions on how you would build certain types of systems.

Interview Questions

• What is Ruby on Rails good for? What would you build with it?   Answer Question