LivePerson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.7

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LivePerson (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewer didn’t show up to the meeting the first time and no notice. The second time, there were continuous interruptions from the interviewer. I wasn’t able to state facts or argue his statements. This the first time, I’ve ever been in an unprofessional interview. Hopefully, their management doesn’t display the same behavior. I’ll be staying away from this company.

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Worst. Interview. Experience. of. All. Time. This company's recruiting/talent team is staggeringly incompetent, and their interviewer was extremely poorly trained. What more can I say? Liveperson does not respect their interview candidates at all, so don't waste your time interviewing here.

After a phone call with one of their Team Leads, I was brought onsite to speak with the Team Lead. During the interview, it was apparent that this particular Team Lead did not have much experience conducting an interview, as he didn't seem like he knew what he wanted to accomplish through the interview, so the conversation consisted mostly of streams of consciousness ramblings. It was immensely annoying I had to repeat a lot of things about my experience that I had already told him through my initial phone interview with him. Again, he clearly didn't respect my time, and he didn't seem like he knew what he was doing. Also, the conversation went on for 2 hours straight, with the SAME person, without any breaks in between. WORST of all, 2 days later, I got a call from their talent team telling me that the role was actually no longer available! I cannot get back the time I wasted on this company but at least I can warn other people not to waste their time dealing with their ineptitude and inexperience. How embarrassing, Liveperson.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LivePerson (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was pretty long. I had an initial interview with the recruiter then a 30min phone interview with the hiring manager a week later. The third interview was in-person where I was given a tour of the office and met with the hiring manager, recruiter and someone from the Georgia office via Skype (which took 2 hours). I was happy to make it to the final round where I met with the HR Director, Controller and Director of Excellence (which took about an 1.5 hours). I was told by the hiring manager that I would be contacted no later than 2 weeks with a decision.

The next day I emailed the recruiter asking for the email addresses of the interviewers and she told that me she wasn't able to give them out but I could send them to her and she would forward them so I did. I received an email from the recruiter days later letting me know that the letters were sent. She also informed me that she will be in touch sometime that week regarding "next steps". I got excited thinking "next steps" meant hiring process but later realized that wasn't the case. A week letter and still no email so I decided to follow up and I never received a response. I decided to email the hiring manager and he said a decision hasn't been made and that he would tell the recruiter to follow up me.

It's been over 3 weeks since my final interview and I think it's safe to say I didn't get the job. After a month of interviewing and taking some time off from my current job I don't think it's too much to except some type of follow up. My experience was positive until this point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a group project and you didn't see eye to eye with someone in the group. What was your role and how to handle it?   Answer Question

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivePerson (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and Face To Face Panel Interview.. They do not follow up with you to advise if you were chosen or not. Also, you will not receive a response to any follow up emails or calls. I am happy that I decided to take a great job and higher paying salary with larger more established company. Plus, Liveperson's stock is very low which is not a good sign.

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivePerson (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

One phone interview, to which the caller was late, and two in person interviews in their offices. First was with the hiring manager, and the second was a panel interview - 4 people in total. Basic questions. Nothing too hard

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LivePerson (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process for this position started out great when their internal recruiter reached out to me but after putting a lot of time and effort getting through 5 different interview phases, I never heard from the company again. They didn't even courtesy to tell me I didn't get the job, even after I followed up multiple times.

I also had a very negative experience interviewing with their CMO who essentially tried to get as many ideas out of me with no intention to hire me (he even randomly brought it the creator of their marketing deliverables mid-interview to hear what I had to say!). There also seemed to be a disconnect between the CMO and the rest of the people I interviewed regarding the purpose and responsibilities of this position.

The interview process included:
    - an initial phone screen with HR
    - a 30 min call with the Global Head of Research and Communications
    - a 24h assignment to be submitted prior to the in-person interview
    - a 2 hour in-person interview with 3 people (global head of research and communications from the earlier call)
    - a 2 hour in-person interview with 2 more people (including the CMO)

Interview Questions

• Assigment asked me to look at survey data and then come up with 2 marketing deliverables I would create using this data.   1 Answer

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivePerson (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The entire process took 3 months. They reached out to me about a different role, did 2 more interviews about this, then said they decided to change direction and think I would be a good fit for the new role. Then a few more interviews and no response. A month later, I saw that they posted a position for the first role they had cancelled previously. They have strong leadership but entire process felt like they were not quite sure what they're looking for. Being that I had interviewed with them so many times, it would be nice to let me know something, even if it was generic like "we've decided to move forward with someone else".

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivePerson.

Interview

Very smooth process. Started out with a phone screen with Talent Acquisition manager. The questions were behavioral based to see how you act in different situations, if selected. Was invited for a face to face interview. The team couldn't be any nicer. Very welcoming and very friendly and it's truly evident that they love the company. Definitely a company I would like to work for. They provided an excellent candidate experience.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LivePerson (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager followed by a diagnostic analysis assessment followed by a 5 round in person / video conference interview. The process took nearly a month to complete. There were a number of rescheduled interviews and it seemed the interviews were very rushed, leaving me little opportunity to ask questions.

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LivePerson (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The process started with a pre screen call and then moved on to a hangouts call with the hiring manager. The next interview was an onsite interview with a couple of team members. And the final interview was with the head of IT. There was a bunch of standard interview questions with a mix of technical and personality questions. The also checked references so make sure to have that handy. The whole process was handled very professionally and I had a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What's information is shown when using command IPconfig?   2 Answers