LivePerson Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at LivePerson

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 129 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I interviewed at LivePerson (London, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

I applied online for the role, and the next day I received a surprise call from their internal recruiter which ended up being the typical SAAS first stage screening call with HR. This was very unexpected and unprofessional, compared to how other companies interview. I was told the process is a chat with the hiring manager, and if successful there will be multiple calls with potential peers on the third (final) stage. I had a second stage interview with the hiring manager scheduled, and 20mins before this was set to start they cancelled with it to be rearranged. A week later they rescheduled the interview, and after choosing my time slot they never confirmed this as previously done. The interview never happened. I decide to read employee reviews, with them not being that great. Having read interview reviews seeing many reports of 'ghosting', I can confirm this happened to me also and I will not continue to pursue this opportunity. In my opinion any company under the realm of IT with some being classed as SAAS that started pre-2000, is an old archaic company that lacks understanding of people. As there seems to be an 'old boys club' culture here seeing on their site women make up <20% of the senior management and executive team, I would run a mile. Those companies with more women at the top, are the successful ones with good reviews from employees at the least. If you ignore the reviews like I almost did, I wish you luck!

Interview Questions
  • Only had the usual screening questions from HR
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivePerson (Seattle, WA) in Nov 2020

Interview

I applied via the Website and was contacted by email with instructions on scheduling a phone screen. I did the phone screen with the recruiter which went well. I was then scheduled a Google Hangout call with the hiring manager. The interview seemed to go well from my perspective. The hiring manager and I seemed to have a similar background in the industry. One week later I got the dreaded email that they would not be moving forward with my application. I emailed the recruiter looking for feedback and received the reply "Sorry but we do not provide specific feedback on interviews."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in France
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivePerson (France)

Interview

i applied online. Got an email soon from their HR for introduction call .The call was over google hangouts. No response for 4 weeks. I tried to follow up. No response : positive or negative. Highly Un professional.Despite repeated emails, the HR keeps candidate waiting. Do not fall for the bait of a remote working company .

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. Why you decided to apply for LivePerson?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at LivePerson (United Kingdom) in Oct 2020

Interview

Two external recruiters contacted me via LinkedIn. After reviewing the interview feedback via Glassdoor, "ghosting" was the common recent trend, which put me off, so I ignored the two recruiters. Few weeks later, the LivePerson recruiter approached me directly via LinkedIn, for the exact same position (which told me that they were still looking). I left it for few days then decided to give it a go (despite my reservation of their "ghosting" culture). Everything went well and the recruiter was keen to take things forward. During the call, I raised my concern on "ghosting" and the recruiter reassured me that things have changed. And guess what? Few days passed, no follow up. So, I sent an email to find out. The recruiter responded few days after only to say he would chase again. And to date, no follow up. Lessons learned - trust the genuine reviews here on "ghosting". Seems like this is the culture that LivePerson is mostly proud of! If, like me, you value your time, then do yourself a favour, spend your time elsewhere. If you must reply, then refer them to the genuine Glassdoor reviews here. Note to self: Blacklist this company for future interactions.

Interview Questions
  • The usual standard background questions for typical 30 mins, which I should have cut it short by referencing to "ghosting" culture.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivePerson (Atlanta, GA) in Oct 2020

Interview

Company recruiter contacted me to schedule a pre-screen. Pre-screen was very brief (~10 min), going over the role and asking about my experience. The recruiter also asked for a salary range. She mentioned that she would forward my resume to the hiring manager who would then decide whether to proceed. She also mentioned that there would be about 5 different interviews if they were to move forward. After a few days, I received an email stating that they wouldn't be moving forward with my application.

Interview Questions
  • What me through your experience? What technologies are you an expert in?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LivePerson (London, England)

Interview

Seemed positive, but after 3rd interview they completely ghosted. HR guy was very happy to reply instantly when setting up interviews however when chased about the outcome of a THIRD stage interview, he seemed to forget how to type. Hiring manager also had no problem getting me to do tedious tasks before going ghost. Definitely worst experience I had in a long time.

Interview Questions
LivePerson
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Israel
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivePerson (Israel)

Interview

After applying for the role, I was asked to send my portfolio and complete a home assignment for an existing product. I completed the home assignment and received a reply that I would get an answer from them. I never received an answer and wrote the hiring manager. I was ghosted. This is completely unprofessional and worrisome that I did a home assignment for a live product. It feels like they asked many applicants to complete different product screens to get free work. I've never had a company ignore a candidate after completing work, this is extremely unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mannheim
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LivePerson (Mannheim) in Aug 2020

Interview

I have applied online on LivePerson's website. After that, I have waited for 3 weeks until my CV gets reviewed. The first interview was with the recruiter from the London office. Everything went well, we even have discussed the next steps and agreed to meet next week. Then the recruiter disappeared. I have sent a follow-up email after 2 weeks, no response. From my point of view, it is not professional.

Interview Questions
  • - My experience working with developers and designers. - Prioritization of features. - User research.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LivePerson (United States)

Interview

initially great experience however after my third interview the recruiter ghosted me. I think every candidate would like to know if they did or did not get the job rather than being ghosted especially during a pandemic. I would really avoid.

Interview Questions
LivePerson
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LivePerson (San Jose, CA) in May 2020

Interview

One telephonic round , covering basics of algorithms and data structures followed by an onsite round , It involved 4 round interviews with first being a system design and others were mostly algorithms , Felt some of the interviewers were rigid on a particular approach to solving problems and sometimes rude

Interview Questions
  • System Design - Distributed Cache Algos - On String Manipulation and Arrays
Viewing 1 - 10 of 129