Lord & Taylor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I was recruited on LinkedIn by Michael Brown, a corporate recruiter. Had a brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview with Michael. At the end he told me we'd schedule an interview with the Social Media Director and I should prepare a portfolio to bring to the meeting. I set up my portfolio and followed up 4 times before I gave up. My emails were completely ignored.

Interview Questions

• He asked how I would promote a new product from a coffee company online. It wasn't too bad, but a little difficult having not been given any details (e.g. budget, goals, location of the fictional coffee place, available assets, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Got a call from the HR department. When I came in I met with a woman in HR, who asked questions about what I expected the position to be, and then questions about my availability. She then called the Manager of my department who came and met with me to talk about my schedule and when I would be available to start. One of the easiest interviews I've ever had. But then again I was applying during the holiday season when they are hiring a lot of people.

Negotiation

There was no salary or pay negotiation. When I filled out the forms in the HR office I listed my salary request, however when I filled out the online forms there was only one salary option.

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Annapolis, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

applied online and was called for an interview after two weeks, passed the interview and was told would call me back the next week to get me started. one week went by, two weeks went by, and then three and a half weeks went by before I was able to start even after calling three times I was politely told that the manager forgot ablout the position and had given my hours away so I wasn't able to start when I should have. very disorganized hiring process and the store manager melanie is part of it.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions just mainly asked about experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Interview

Typical retail questions. Nothing too difficult. "What is the worst quality about yourself?" "Why do you want to work here?" "Hardest situation you've had to deal with at current job?"

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and the next morning I received a call asking if I could come in for an interview that evening. It was very brief, and the woman pretty much just asked me about availability for various shifts and told me about the job as well as the dress code, etc. Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised and impressed with how quick and easy the process was!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview process was actually quite enjoyable. I first interviewed at my school with 2 people who'd been working at Lord & Taylor for only a few years. A few weeks later, I was asked to interview again at the NYC office. My interview asked basic questions (personality, life experiences, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to defend your opinion in a group situation.   Answer Question

Asset Protection Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Salem, NH) in December 2017.

Interview

Got a call on my cell to be at the store at 3PM Thursday, and go to the top floor via elevator. When I got off the elevator no one was around... I had yo wonder around offices until I found someone... I found the Store Manager and Assistant. The interview was relaxed and very personal... not formal at all, which I like.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Interview

the interview was very brief with very little questions and all they wanted to know was what days i was available. Then they hired me and made me sign some papers online. the hiring process took about a week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Interview

first phone interview with human resources, then in person with Planner, another phone interview with DMM. Human resources was very easy to work with and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Interview

Phone screen by a recruiter and then followed by a Skype interview with my future manager and her boss; Lasted about an hour and was fairly easy and straight forward. They asked about my background, why I want to work at L&T, the usual questions. Some behavioral questions but nothing crazy.