Lord & Taylor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lord & Taylor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Interview

the interview was very brief with very little questions and all they wanted to know was what days i was available. Then they hired me and made me sign some papers online. the hiring process took about a week.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a good interview, basically asking how would you sell their product. And how would I work with others, if I ever worked in commission based.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a relatively straight forward interview process. On campus recruiting and interview on site. Additionally, 2 rounds of in-person interviews at HQ with Executive and HR business partners.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were designed to assess personality type and critical thinking skills.   1 Answer

Staff Retoucher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial description from my direct manager about a position working in-house for HBC, who owns L&T. Essentially, I was chosen internally for this new opportunity by my mangers. Next, phone coordination with HBC's HR. Then, in-person interview with the Director of Marketing. In the end, HBC decided they wanted to find somebody local to them in Canada even though they would continue to farm work to NYC during their transition.

Interview Questions

• Who was your most favorite manager ever and why? Who was your worst manager ever and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Interview

Phone screen by a recruiter and then followed by a Skype interview with my future manager and her boss; Lasted about an hour and was fairly easy and straight forward. They asked about my background, why I want to work at L&T, the usual questions. Some behavioral questions but nothing crazy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Interview

first phone interview with human resources, then in person with Planner, another phone interview with DMM. Human resources was very easy to work with and helpful throughout the process.

Part Time Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Manhasset, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Basically they went through my resume and asked me to elaborate on specific roles I played in various companies. They asked how all of my skills could be used at Lord and Taylor.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to multitask. What tasks were you juggling and how did you complete them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a great shopping experience.   Answer Question
    • Describe a task that was difficult to complete. How did you complete it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Rockaway, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

HR was quick, to the point, and relatively pushy. I got hired on the spot and was expected to start the next day. She did not ask a lot of questions, and generally spoke down to me. She did not explain how the commissioned salary worked, either.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Columbia, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview. Standard interview questions. They went over pay and expectations I met with immediate supervisor. They went over benefits package. They do not have a very good health coverage

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Woodbridge, NJ).

Interview

i applied and called a few times to check my application status. On maybe the 3rd call, the HR manager finally scheduled an interview. I went in and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have a difficult customer?   1 Answer