Ludia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.6

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through online. You first need to pass an online coding test for inhouse interview. Which I did with over a 90/100. Could've been a 100 but the website they use for online exam have a really bad compiler and your code has to pass 4 tests even though it works. Then they called for in house interview, but funny thing was they thought i applied for some other season and said it is full now. I had to correct them and then i went for an in house interview. Was ok, nice reception and 2 people interviewed. I thought it went well, apparently online exam had no weight because they did not even take it under consideration that i did those online quiz questions pretty well and fast despite the website they quiz you on have a really bad compiler & system. I think the main reason i did not get it was the fact that i did not speak french. They could've told me that before so i did not waste my time going there in the first place. I am pretty sure if i spoke french i could've get the job since my coding skills were slightly above average and they knew it. They sent an email after couple weeks saying i did not get it. Overall, ok experience but no logic or explanation about anything they do.

Intern C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, got selected for personal interview at Ludia, Montreal. Interview was conducted by HR and member of Development Team. What I found was HR was quite narrow minded and arrogant. She didn't even care to explain any of the interview questions and made some signs in the air(only thing she's good at).

C++ Developer () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Ludia's career portal. I was contacted by the HR and scheduled an interview. Interview was conducted by HR and one person from development team. HR was heavily not interested in the entire interview and asked behavioural questions one after another, the other guy asked FEW questions about C++ and wrapped up in 20 mins which was supposed to last half hour. Extremely disappointed, English speakers should not waste their time here.

Backend Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed by three person at the same time-1 hr and 2 technical leads.Few questions were asked in french.Interview questions were easy. If some one is good in french it will be very easy.

Interview Questions

• Diff b/w string,stringbuffer,string builder?
      Some Question related to TCP/IP
      Counter in threads   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

three people on panel. easy questions. managers were friendly and positive. HR rep. was an overt jerk with superiority complex. I would have walked out over his comments on my portfolio had I not been unemployed and in need of work. (he's no longer with the company, thankfully)

Interview Questions

• which platform was more difficult to test, android, or iOS?   Answer Question

Game Engine Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I received a call after a week of application. Some HR questions and then planned for an interview.

The front desk was clean and modern looking, had to sign an NDA form. The recruiter was late but apologized. I was supposed to interview with the team lead but an extra person came in to hear the interview, never spoke a word during the whole process.

The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and was rather quick. The recruiter told me they would call the week after. Rather than calling me (and probably forgot), I waited till it was a week then emailed, they emailed back saying I didn't have the job. I found the lateness and lack of responsibility very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Along with general interview questions based on your CV, they highly emphasized on C++ and OpenGL questions. They also prefer to speak in French but will converse in English if need be. The annoyance that I had was that they want you to say the magic word to the question. If you describe it or anything else that is relevant, they will continuously hint at it until you say the actual word.   Answer Question

Game Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ludia in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR after 3 week since I applied for the job. I was giving appointment for personal interview.

I went on-site for the interview and the receptionist gave me a NDA saying I should not tell confidential that was shared during the interview process and it is valid for 5 years. It stated Ludia has the right to sue the interview candidate and claim the damage from the individual. I was expecting that some confidential information will be shared with me and I signed the NDA.

After few minutes HR came and took me to the interview room. Later a technical person joined the interview. It was very basic HR question. They asked about how do I know about Ludia. I knew two candidates who worked there in different teams and I mentioned their names. The HR and technical person gave snarky smile. I felt like each team in the company hate each other and are very disintegrated.

Then the technical interview started questions were related to c++, threading, opengl etc. It was all basic questions and then later started to ask about the question about maintaining the software. The maintenance question is more like opinion question and felt like the technical person wanted you to follow his method of programming practice. During the entire technical interview the HR was playing in a mobile phone. I have never seen people so unprofessional that too in an interview. The interview is place where you show professional side of the organization. I don't know how candidates will take the organization seriously and will want to work in it.

The entire interview process lasted for an hour. They were also giving emphasis on french language and asked about my proficiency in french. I know very little french and it was not in my favor. At the end of the interview I already made my decision at that point not to join this organization even I they give me an offer. Even now I really don't know why the hell I sign the NDA when they shared nothing with me. The entire interview was about c++, opengl which everyone know they use for making games.

They are quick in giving the result, they contacted me the next day and told that they decided to proceed with other candidate.

Advice to the Recruitment team:

Please don't play with a damn mobile phone during the interview. You are insulting the interview candidate and making fool of yourselves.

Don't as people to sign NDA for this position if you don’t share any confidential information. The NDA is pointless for this interview. I have signed NDA before the interview for some organizations but they really show some of the future business plans to see how much candidates are involved in the project.

Interview Questions

• Everything was very fundamental question about c++ and opengl   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

HR was alright but not amazing (had to do through some junior HR that left some time after).
    Had to go through some basic technical questions.. like quite basic.
    Also met with managers and had a good time talking with them.

Interview Questions

• Name one of the issue with graphics on mobile platforms.   Answer Question

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

My interview was held at the studio where I met both the Art Director and studio president, who interviewed me. A review over my past credentials and abilities was discussed, and I was asked typical interview questions, like what kind of jobs I'd like to work and what kind of jobs I didn't. What my fellow team mates thought about me, and what I knew about the company. It went by very smoothly, everyone was very nice and down to earth. And at the end of the interview I was told that they would call me the fallowing week, which they did and offered me a contract job.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was what my team mates thought of me, because some of my fellow team mates from my previous job where already working for the company and I had really no idea what they toughed of me. We never got the opportunity to work together in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiations lasted over the possibility of the contract job turning into a full time position.