Ludia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ludia Interview Questions

Interviews at Ludia

2.7

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ludia in November 2019.

Interview

3 interviews :
    1- Phone interview
    2- Interview on site : 4 hours+
    3- Interview on site : 3h

- The first interview was done by phone at a high level mostly concerning role and responsabilities of the position, which changed the next interview.

-Second interview last between 4-5 hours on site with multiples teams/peoples and from technical questions to most general business quesitons

- Third interview last about 2.5h and was mostly everyone from the second interview and similar question to the second one.

All interview went very well but they were keep adding new skills required for the position as the process go, it's seems that they didn't want the position to be filled because the skills required for the position at the end were not possible or would cost 2-3x the offer salary and would have to come from somewhere else. for example at the third interview they added in requirement to have advance statistical knowledge, which was not required before and they mention at the end it was this reason why they didn't go trought with the application.

Positive :
    - HR were professional
    - people in intreview were generally nice

Negative :
    - They don't know what they are looking for and the requirement change over time. ("They are looking for someone that know all the fields" which don't exist)
    - They didn't tell what skills were needed and continue the process. (Even if i precised that some skill where not my area of expertise). It ended in a lost of 8h total for this process which could be easely solve on the phone at first interview.
    - Specific department seems very unorganize.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

One phone interview, followed by two in person interviews and a referral check. Experience was positive. Second in person interview was a series of situations and how as an HR professional we would recommend to resolve them. I had 30 minutes to an hour to prepare my answers before presenting them in person. Very nicely done.

Interview Questions

• Multiple work place situations presented and asked to describe how we would resolve them.   Answer Question

Game Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

The process was divided into a few steps, taken over a few weeks:
    (1) an introductory phone call,
    (2) skype call with HR & development team (they say sometimes this is done in person),
    (3) in-person interview with the development team
    (4) Background check (asked for references at this point)
    (5) Personality and Cognitive tests
    (6) Quick Final call
    (7) Job Offer

Interview Questions

• Context: Life Story, motivation behind job search, company fit, technical background overall   1 Answer
    • Whiteboard Programming Challenge   1 Answer

Game Developer () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

First they send you an online aptitude test. You had 45 minutes to answer two questions that tested your understand of inheritance and loops.

Next, there was the in person interview. The interview was with the recruiter and one of the leads. The lead was very friendly and was open to you expanding on your thoughts if you did not remember a specific term. I found it a very enjoyable experience discussing with the lead. However, I found the recruiter rather unprofessional and they showed no interest in being there.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a class and a struc in C# versus a class and a struc in C++?   Answer Question
    • What is a HashMap and how would you implement it?   Answer Question

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiter in-person at my university's career fair. The exchange was quick: I simply said I wanted to apply to the company and gave my CV. I was sent an online test (HackerRank if I recall correctly), which was VERY easy compared to what other companies may send you. I then got an interview, and a call two weeks after confirming that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• My projects, as shown on my CV   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to the company?   1 Answer

C++ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied using job search site, got invited to do an online test they have, i think i got 95, the system they use is so bad that it couldn't compile my answer correctly. And then they called me for in-house interview. It was with 1 HR and 1 Manager, the manager was so casual , I got asked basic c++ questions(arrays,pointers vs..). I thought i did well because the HR Lady said they will let me know really soon, for weeks i didnt hear from them. I had to email couple times and i think after like a month or 2 i got 1 sentence saying they went with another candidate. Overall, the experience was below expectations. Should've been more professional.

Interview Questions

• basic c++ about arrays,pointers. questions from your cv(past projectS)   Answer Question

Intern C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, got selected for personal interview at Ludia, Montreal. Interview was conducted by HR and member of Development Team. What I found was HR was quite narrow minded and arrogant. She didn't even care to explain any of the interview questions and made some signs in the air(only thing she's good at).

C++ Developer () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Ludia's career portal. I was contacted by the HR and scheduled an interview. Interview was conducted by HR and one person from development team. HR was heavily not interested in the entire interview and asked behavioural questions one after another, the other guy asked FEW questions about C++ and wrapped up in 20 mins which was supposed to last half hour. Extremely disappointed, English speakers should not waste their time here.

Backend Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed by three person at the same time-1 hr and 2 technical leads.Few questions were asked in french.Interview questions were easy. If some one is good in french it will be very easy.

Interview Questions

• Diff b/w string,stringbuffer,string builder?
      Some Question related to TCP/IP
      Counter in threads   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ludia (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

three people on panel. easy questions. managers were friendly and positive. HR rep. was an overt jerk with superiority complex. I would have walked out over his comments on my portfolio had I not been unemployed and in need of work. (he's no longer with the company, thankfully)

Interview Questions

• which platform was more difficult to test, android, or iOS?   Answer Question