MAPFRE Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAPFRE Insurance (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Pay starts at 15.75 HR
    Easy ! Applied through indeed.com I was sent a Hireview interview video request short after, Fairly easy question about 4 exactly, Recruiter reached out next day went over my qualifications Next set up a in person interview the lady was very nice she asked about 14 quick n easy questions about my experience and tell me about a time...it lasted about 30 mins or so

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you demonstrated great customer service?   Answer Question

Supervisor, Bodily Injury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MAPFRE Insurance (Garden City, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very professional and welcoming. Three party table interview with one person Skyped in. Overall good experience. The one negative I would reference would be the communication delay with the Skype call, but once we all got use to the delay it was not an issue.

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAPFRE Insurance in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through HR manager email, and forwarded to the recruiter. The recruiter contacted me for the 1st round of the interview, and took 2 weeks to schedule, it is 1.5 hour back to back phone interview with 3 people, 1 is statistician-technical questions, other 2 are managers. The statistics will test your about basic statistics knowledge, model assumption and GLM. Other two managers just asked about your experience in statistical modeling and internship experience, deal with big data problems. Overall is not bad, they are more like just writing down your words and took some notes.

Interview Questions

• Assumptions of Linear regression? What if variance is different?   1 Answer
    • How to deal with high correlation variables? Missing values?   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAPFRE Insurance (Webster, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

The department is called predictive analytics, and the ad lists things like trees and NNs, but once on-site it becomes clear that this is a classic GLM-on-SAS role. If you approach the interview with this expectation, it's fair and straightforward.

Both the phone and on-site interviews are round robin style. The phone interview is with three people, the on-site is with five or six.

Most of the interview is behavioral. Be ready to talk through some projects in "tell me about a time you..." style. Interviewers are polite and open about the company's pros and cons.

Technical questions were not hard, but focused on things like Gauss-Markov theorem and details of ANOVA; there were no questions about predictive models.

Interview Questions

• Asked to fill in an ANOVA table which had some missing values.   Answer Question

Human Resources Performance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MAPFRE Insurance (Webster, MA).

Interview

1. Paper screen 2. Phone screen 3. In person interview with recruiter and a series of team interviews 4. In person interview with hiring manager and department head

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MAPFRE Insurance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated over the phone. Back and forth offer, counter-offer. A fair and pleasant exchange.

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAPFRE Insurance (Webster, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

HR contacts you, phone interview, then in person interview; Hr recruiter was very pleasant and accommodating; very upfront with job description and details; answered my questions appropriately and thoroughly; reviewed all benefits in full detail, allowed to review complete job description; after HR interview, I was passed onto the hiring Supervisor/Manager; where they got into more details about the job duties and responsibilities

Interview Questions

• all basic questions, experience, skills, and abilities, etc.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAPFRE Insurance (Webster, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was nothing out of the ordinary. There was a telephone "pre-screen" with HR where experience and salary needs were discussed, followed by two in-person interviews in the office. The in-person interviews were with the same HR rep and then with a pair of department managers. If I recall correctly, the interviews together took about two to two and a half hours.
    The in-person interviews were followed by a call from HR where an offer was presented that completely disregarded the prior salary needs discussion. The "we can do that" figure during the initial phone call became a "no can do". It was unfortunate because the actual department folks were awesome and yet the actual offer/acceptance becomes HR's game to lose and they lost it.

Interview Questions

• The classic, "What is your greatest weakness?"   1 Answer

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAPFRE Insurance (Webster, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was reached out to by an HR Manager and discussed setting up an interview with her. For the interview I met with her first and she told me general information about the company and the job. Next I met with the Manager for the specific job I was applying for and discussed with her in greater detail what the job entails and what my responsibilities would be. The entire process was around 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• They had asked me my ability to work with the programs the company used and my general ability to adapt to changing conditions.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAPFRE Insurance in June 2015.

Interview

The first point of contact is made via phone. The recruiter for the company goes over the position. The recruiter did a great job painting a picture of what the job is about , as well as duties and expectations. You get enough info to determine if this is something you want to pursue. If it is a good fit then the next step is meeting the sales manager at the branch office. The meeting was pleasant and you are asked many questions. They basically are trying to gauge if you are a self starter and can manage your time effectively. This is a sales position where YOU have to find clients so it can be scary for many as at times in sales it is feast or famine. In my case I thought the interview went well, in fact the manager commented next time we met maybe we can go over a list of those in your circle who can be good referral source. Unfortunately a second interview never presented itself. It was disappointing as I had my list ready. Overall the job has great potential for someone who is willing to put in a good 3-4 years cultivating lead sources.

Revenue Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAPFRE Insurance (Webster, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview, then met with an HR representative, then met with two of the department heads that I would be working with. The interview was not too difficult and they were very quick making a decision on the position. I heard back within a week that I had gotten the job. Overall, It was a positive interview experience.