MAPFRE Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alfredo Castelo

Pros
Cons
  • Gilbert Management understands the market we are in both from a pricing structure and a customer service and support aspect (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management is too worried about what Madrid wants and not enough about what the US division needs (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Webster, MA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Webster, MA

I have been working at MAPFRE Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, flexible hours, great staff, good benefits

Cons

Good amount of work, but that's what work is

Apr 21, 2017 – TA Project Consultant

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on nearly ten years with MAPFRE Insurance!

2. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at MAPFRE Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits​, location, parking, grounds and security.

Cons

Computer systems are a challenge

Advice to Management

They are working on up dating the systems

Apr 25, 2017 – TA Project Consultant

Thanks for stopping by to share your review. Congrats on more than 10 years with MAPFRE!!

3. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at MAPFRE Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good coworkers and supervisors and managers are generally helpful. It is busy so you won't be bored. Always something to do.

Cons

Workflows could be updated. Better processes could help to increase efficiencies and benefit customers by faster processing times. Other than that, no real cons.

"Claims Adjuster PD/Subro"

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Webster, MA
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Webster, MA

I have been working at MAPFRE Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Location is good / Rapport with Coworkers is good / Laid back atmosphere / Casual dress

Cons

Workload is ridiculous - WAY too much work to manage and then people call screaming for money because your so behind you cant pay them timely - as a result, customer service suffers / WAY WAY too many computer programs to use on a daily basis - I used 11!!!! 11 systems to get work, process work and manage timely diaries - just impossible and ridiculous.

Advice to Management

MERGE the computer systems, Let the Rep 1s handle easier claims than Rep 3s that get paid way more - why is the workload the same for a Rep 1, 2 and 3??? Everything is much harder and complicated than it has to be - Ive been at MAPFRE over 6 years and I'm looking for employment elsewhere - its just much too difficult to manage my workload now

Apr 7, 2017 – TA Project Consultant

Thank you for your review. Please contact your supervisor or your HR manager to express your concerns. A conversation with either or both might help clear up some of the concerns you have about ... More

"Higher pay for true grind/no advancement company"

Current Employee - Cl; Aims Representative II in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Cl; Aims Representative II in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at MAPFRE Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is well above most competitors in this industry for a basic property damages adjuster w/ any experience.

Cons

The management is terrible on both PD and BI portions for auto. The CEO structure runs things from Spain and therefore is completely clueless/detached as to what is going on. They do a yearly employee survey, just unveiled the 2016 "satisfaction".. Batting about a 53% satisfied, this went down from a 2015 survey where it was ranked at 55%... Still haven't seen anything implemented from the 2015's results review let alone them doing anything for the 2016 review.

Truly outdated systemS used. Company likes to buy other organizations and shoe horn their computer systems into those organizations. There is promises that GuideWire will be used come 2018 and/or beyond but there is no idea how it will function w/ the multitude of systems already being ran.

Advice to Management

Gut all AZ management, start fresh. This sounds harsh but right now there is people in place that are choking/restricting the abilities of the claim's personnel to remotely do as good as they could.

Mar 21, 2017 – TA Project Consultant

Thank you for your review. If you haven't done so already, please consider scheduling time with your manager or Human Resources to discuss your concerns and/or any solutions you might be willing to ... More

"Compensation"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Webster, MA
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Webster, MA

I have been working at MAPFRE Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great PTO benefits, and people to work with

Cons

Pay grade is somewhat of a joke compared to what I've seen elsewhere

Advice to Management

Even though we are located in the middle of nowhere, doesn't mean you shouldn't be paying what every other insurance company does. We are the number 1 auto insurer in MA, and we are paid the least out of any other company in the surrounding areas. Pay your people what they're worth. When someone is promoted, make sure they not only get the raise for being promoted but their performance in their prior role. I myself have worked very hard to get where I am today, and exceeded our goals for the year as far as call times, customer service, and QC's go. From what I've been told from other employees as well, the yearly "raise" is kind of a slap in the face. I have met so many people and had the opportunity to work on projects, and appreciate and apply all the feedback I've gotten, I just have a hard time looking back at my performance (stellar) and thinking it's only worth a few cents an hour increase IF ANY all of which information was not available to me at the time of my review. If you want to keep good employees, and leave little room for error, you need to look at the competition the average salary they're making, and pay it. For example going through the peer coaching; those employees should be paid more, they evidently understand their duties enough to be chosen to teach someone else, and that is detrimental to your operation. All I suggest is that you look at the pay scale, and reward the people who actually deserve it. Why should I make the same amount of money as someone coming in externally who has no concept of what the world of insurance is all about?

Feb 10, 2017 – TA Project Consultant

Thank you for your comments. We routinely compare ourselves to the market to understand our competitive position. Our yearly merit budget takes into account what other similar companies are ... More

"If you're just looking for a paycheck"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at MAPFRE Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are working to become a better company to work for. They are aware their employees are generally unhappy with the old school corporate culture and they are trying to catch up with the times and they are transparent about this. HR is also very friendly and they have an open door policy.

Cons

Conservative environment, archaic systems, bad communication, little understanding of growth, very low customer service expectations, no team building, no breaks other than lunch, short training, supervisor may be totally unfamiliar with what the job is which can make escalations even worse. Overall very behind on the times and yet it's obvious they are trying to appeal to millennials and you won't know they are lacking any sort of progressive corporate culture until you're already working there.

Advice to Management

When interviewing someone who applied for a certain job description put out but not actually hiring for that position you should clarify because some people are actually goal oriented and looking for a specific field and not just what your needs are. Supervisors should also be able to perform the job that their team is assigned to, QA is the only resource you're given and can rely on.

Feb 24, 2017 – TA Project Consultant

We appreciate your taking the time to offer a review. It sounds like you didn't have a positive experience during your time with us. Unfortunately, not all companies and employees make a good fit ... More

"Has Been"

Former Employee - Customer Claims Representative in Webster, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Claims Representative in Webster, MA

I worked at MAPFRE Insurance (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small town, ample parking. Co-workers were decent. Good size cafeterias

Cons

Worked here for over 15 years. Went downhill after buy out. No more ESOP. Too many systems, no training, but then written up for not knowing the system.
    Management were all back stabbers.
    Supervisors could not do work if they needed to. No work from home options.
    Employees are treated and spoken to as if we were children. Questioned why so long in the restrooms and such. Always needed to watch you back and watch out for yourself.
    Pay is way below due to "small town".
    Horrible place to work now. Used to be great!

Advice to Management

Talk to your workers. Sit down with them. Learn what they do. Treat them as adults.

"Surprisingly unorganized"

Current Employee - Policy Representative in Webster, MA
    Current Employee - Policy Representative in Webster, MA

I have been working at MAPFRE Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salaries of supervisors and managers are pretty good. Always lots of opportunities for advancement. There are constant job postings and you are eligible to apply after one year in your position.

Cons

Too many different computer systems. IT is disappointing because they sub out a tremendous amount of software maintenance and support to consultants from foreign countries. No budget money for system improvements.

Advice to Management

Management is primarily in spain and out of touch with everyday reality.

Feb 7, 2017 – TA Project Consultant

Thank you for your review. We agree there are many opportunities for advancement and our comp package is very competitive. Although our parent company is located in Spain, our day to day leadership ... More

11. "Technical Lead / Analyst Developer"

Current Employee - Technical Lead/Analyst Developer in Webster, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Lead/Analyst Developer in Webster, MA

I have been working at MAPFRE Insurance (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, coworkers, income and vacations periods

Cons

none none none none none

Nov 3, 2016 – TA Project Consultant

Happy to hear you're having a great experience with MAPFRE Insurance! Thank you for sharing something positive. Sometimes when things are going very well, we don't often think to share our thoughts ... More