MITRE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 301 of over 301 interviews

Campus Recruiting13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

MITRE

Application

I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

Short 30 minute initial call with a recruiter followed by two hour long zoom interviews with project managers. All within the span of approximately 3 weeks. HR was very communicative and the offer was issued within a week of the final interview as they said it would be.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us more about your experience with organizational change management. Why do you want to work for a company like MITRE?
    Answer Question

MITRE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

Took over a year due to pandemic and concerns around conflicts of interest with freelancing activities, but wound up being a very nice offer. Very involved. Had a dozen rounds of interviews, and wasn’t clear which ones were official or not.

Interview Questions
  • Please present a passion project

MITRE

Application

I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

Multiple rounds, one skills test, pretty good experience. Thorough background check process and past employment verification. Very normal for this industry. No weird creativity questions. Was able to talk with employees through LinkedIn before interview and I think that helped a little. They seem to allow for internal moves and do a lot of promoting from within

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MITRE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

Pleasant experience but slightly long wait times; I suspect this was due to Covid. 1 technical screening followed by 4-5 interviews with HR/other analysts. Mostly behavioral questions about past projects and ability to function in collaborative environments. Technical questions included basics of optimization and statistics.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you faced push-back when working on a project.

MITRE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE in May 2021

Interview

It was great, especially since the manager is friendly and knowledgeable. However, they don't sponsor either now or in the future so no international students. Be aware of that. Sadly I am an international student. It was a great place to work overall though.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MITRE

Application

I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

Streamlined as it can be with COVID restrictions. The interview asked general questions for the most part. Some technical queries were posed, but not a lot. Multiple interviewers were scheduled.

Interview Questions
  • Managerial style and technical competence questions were asked.

MITRE

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

Flawless interview experience. From first point of contact HR recruiter to offer and onboarding. Be honest and genuine on why you want to work at MITRE. The firm is mission driven. I spoke about civic duty to serve my country as a civilian since the firm works exclusively with federal agencies.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MITRE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

The process began with a 30 minute screener call with a member of the team. That briefly covered my background and gave me a few opportunities to ask questions. After advancing, the next stage was a series of remote interviews back to back (six in total I think) with people from both the Bedford and McLean offices. The people on the calls ranged from the department head to group leads to HR. The questions centered around what aspect of human factors I see myself working on at MITRE and what tools and techniques I used in my work. One interviewer had me quickly create a user testing script for a room reservation system then run through a mock user testing session. There was plenty of time in each of the interviews to ask questions and the interviewers were happy to talk about the team's leadership and the relationship between the two campuses.

Interview Questions
  • Which parts of your experience do you hope to leverage at MITRE?

MITRE

Application

I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

The interview process was rather quick compared to other places I've applied to. About 2 weeks passed from the day I received an initial response to my application to the day that I received an offer letter. The interview felt like a nice dialog. My interviewers were very interested in getting to know me and had many questions about the experience listed on my resume. It was supposed to last about 30 mins but ended up lasting a whole hour. Till this day, it has been the only interview that I found enjoyable, mostly because it was a conversation about my interests and motivation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MITRE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE in Apr 2021

Interview

1) Applied to the position and got reached back out a few weeks later. 2) HR set up a phone screen to see what you may know about the company and to see if youre a good fit. 3) Interviewed over a video call with 1 manager, 1 HR rep, and 3 engineers. The whole process was 2 hours and split up to have 1 on 1's with the managers/engineers. The interview process was pretty smooth, HR was always in contact and responsive. The team would discuss a few days after the interview and then a couple days later and HR rep will discuss with you salary/benefits, and then an offer letter or maybe a call if you didn't make it through.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral questions and technical questions regarding cloud and linux.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 301 Interviews