MITRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in March 2020.

Interview

I had a phone screening. A couple days later they asked to schedule an in person interview. I got to meet with different group leaders, department heads, etc. I have a 30 min technical presentation, a code test, and group interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to find bugs in the code   1 Answer

Cost Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

Brief phone screen and then in-person interview with 4 employees. Phone screen was short and easy. It just covered my resume and experience to make sure I really was qualified for the job. Interview consisted of mostly behavior and experience-related questions and a presentation I gave to my interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you had with a coworker or project mate and how you handled the problem   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

took a couple of weeks to get processed. started with a phone interview, then another interview to meet more people involved. was a simple process, seemed like a nice company and HR personnel.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MITRE (Mc Lean, VA) in May 2020.

Interview

Absolutely HORRIBLE interviewers. For HR professionals you would think they would be more skilled in the art of interviewing – especially for a higher-level role. The interview started 10 minutes late (SO UNPROFESSIONAL), and due to the current quarantine, it was over Skype. Nothing screams "your time isn't valuable" quite like being late. The expectation is that I am on time (and I was - by 15 minutes) you should really do the same. There were a LOT of technical issues – all on their end, and since there were two people on the interview (not including me), there were even more issues with the audio and it was constantly freezing. They spent a good 10 minutes telling me about them, their careers and a little bit about the role. They didn’t really ask me any questions about my experience in former roles – no behavioral questions, nothing. I have over 15 years of comprehensive HR experience in the GovCon space (more than the interviewers), so I am well qualified for the role I applied for. I am currently in a role where I was brought in to do one thing, and unfortunately got the bait and switch, and am supporting people doing entry-level duties. Therefore, I am looking for a job more in line with my skills and experience. The only questions they asked were about what I was doing at my current role (for which I have only been in for 5 months, because of the before mentioned), and they didn’t ask me ANY behavioral interview questions. not ONE They asked me one question about my experience with working with senior leadership, and I answered it. That was the ONLY question they asked me. Then 20 minutes in they asked me if I had any questions for them, which I had great questions. In the end they told me I didn’t have the experience they were looking for, since I have only had transactional experience. For someone who has been a manager and a director in my past, this was so far from the truth, and they would have known that had they actually asked me just ONE behavioral interview question. Or anything about what I have done farther back than 6 months ago.

I really regret not looking at the reviews of the organization - they aren't very complimentary and I can see why now. Their HR department is clearly the C team. No wonder my colleagues at other companies have all interviewed HRBPs from MITRE in the last month.

My advice to the hiring managers is to take a rudimentary course in interviewing techniques - something every entry level HR professional takes. One other thing - it is incredibly RUDE to be checking email and Skype messages while in an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the org structure at (former company) and did you support senior level people   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MITRE in May 2020.

Interview

Initial HR screening interview over the phone, followed by hiring manager interview and panel interview via webcast ( conducted in the manner due to Covid-19). Great process to showcase qualifications, knowledge, skills and ingenuity based on current health conditions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strategy of maintaining liaison and relationships with key stakeholders?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (Boston, MA) in April 2020.

Interview

I was contacted for a 30-minute phone interview, and then called back for a second interview, which lasted 2 hours. Both interviews were largely technical and skill-based. I did 5 or 6 coding assignments between the two interviews.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

Contacted by human resources representative few weeks after applying online. Thirty minute phone screen with hiring manager. Pretty straightforward, nothing technical, location preference etc. No response after several weeks and follow up email.

Associate Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (Aberdeen, MD) in March 2020.

Interview

A phone screen then a 45-minute presentation followed by three back to back to back interviews. Along with a tour of the facility. It was a great experience and I was able to talk to a lot of smart people and learn from them. I guess that's what makes the rejection such a gut punch.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Brief phone screens followed by a series of onsite interviews. Treated to lunch and given the opportunity to discuss the company with a current employee candidly. Also required to give a technical briefing on a project we had worked on or found interesting before a technical panel.

Interview Questions

• Architect a system and explain what technologies you would use.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Initially received an email from a team lead about interest in the position. Spoke with a lead of a team one on one in person where he asked me questions relevant to my resume and the position.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're good at and what is something you'd like to get better at?   Answer Question