MITRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MITRE Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

Submit resume on online portal. One phone interview with a person in the group, asking about experience for the internship, gauging interest in the role, explaining the internship details, familiarizing with the structure

Interview Questions

• What experience do you bring, even if it's not directly applicable   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE in October 2017.

Interview

very straightfoward, asked to describe a technical experience, asked for keys and weaknesses. asked alot of questions regarding my internship. how to work in teams. and as well as why i prefer to work in

Intelligence Officer (Policy) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a MITRE recruiter asking me to come in for a meet-and-greet. The interview panel consisted of 4 individuals from two different groups within DNI / NCTC. The interview went really well. I received a couple follow-up calls over the next 3 weeks about how the group was continuing to evaluate their options, but I was their best candidate (which is code for we like you, but we're interviewing other candidates because we'd like to find someone just as good but for less money). Throughout this period, they kept me on the hook by re-assuring me of how awesome I was by saying they are simply trying to find the "right" job fit.

Wait, did I miss something...you called me remember? This is the second time in 6 months I've been jerked around by MITRE. There will not be a third.

Technical Aide Interview

Application

I interviewed at MITRE in September 2017.

Interview

Brief overview of the benefits offered by MITRE, followed by a one on one interview with the supervisor. Lots of questions about work ethic, technical knowledge, and admin duties.

Senior Subcontracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews on separate days. This first interview was with the department manager and three supervisors. 2nd Interview was with two Directors of the Department, more senior than the previous.

Interview Questions

• First Interview: They mainly asked for an overview of my experience and they spoke about the position and the gap they need filled. I realized that I was more qualified than the "supervisors" after they talked about their backgrounds and roles.
      2nd Interview: majority of the questions were psychological based. It was extremely uncomfortable and I felt the interviewers were rude and had already decided they didn't want to hire me after the first handshake. I think they did not want to hire a racial minority.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview then in person interview. Interview lasted all day. Had lunch in the cafeteria. Got to see the facilities. The people I met were pleasant. One person was hostile to SHRM certification.

Senior/Lead Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MITRE in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted application and interviewed three weeks later. Pre-interview guidance and information very professional.

HR pre-interview discussion covered specific benefits and asked my salary requirements.

Interview was conducted by task leader (hiring manager), a peer-level task lead, and their boss. Discussed MITRE work and communication philosophy. Asked about my knowledge on specific aspects of the job.

All aspects of the application and interview process were outstanding. I have never seen this done better.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, and contacted a recruiter. I was then brought into the office for a series of 9 back to back interviews, most of which were behavioral interviews. There were two semi-technical interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

I was recruited by the employer through email and phone, where I then set up a phone screening. That process just consisted of me explaining my background and why I'm interested in the position. I then got a call the next day about a 2-hour , 3 part interview. It wasn't very difficult, just your basic questions about your experience and why you'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How will your past job experience help you in this position?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MITRE (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

We were supposed to have a phone call just to discuss our interests, to see if anything aligned. It ended with him asking me a ton of programming questions as if I were applying to a software position and him telling me that I should have reviewed before talking to him, when I didn't even know what I was applying to yet.

Interview Questions

• If I wanted to search and collect social security numbers in a diverse filesystem, how would you go about doing that?   Answer Question