MITRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MITRE (Tysons, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

I networked into an interview through a professional organization. I received a phone interview, in which the interviewer wanted to know where else I was interviewing and what salaries were on offer. I received an invitation to my in-person panel interview the following day. I received an offer within three days after my in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Evidence of systems thinking: how did you approach your previous job(s) from a systems engineering context?   1 Answer

Computer Science Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE in March 2011.

Interview

Found company because of a desire to work for government industry. Emailed HR/Recruiter about job found on website. Discussed back and forth over emails and sent resume. Did a phone interview with hiring manager and that was it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The HR person said no negotiation was possible.

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

One round of interviews with multiple managers. Interviews were back to back. The first was with an HR representative, followed by several 30 minute interviews with managers. There was a fairly long period between when I applied, and when I was contacted for an interview; at least a month. They were interviewing a number of people for a number of roles all at once in order to staff up. Everyone I met with was friendly and inviting during our discussion.

Interview Questions

• They provide a theoretical scenario, which you must analyze and develop a course of action, on the fly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for salary negotiation, but believe it was a fair offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

Multi-phased interview process as in phone screen, panel interview, technical staff interview, HR interview, and management interview. Most candidates that are sought are those that are experts in their respective fields and are able to perform as an individual contributor and in a consultant role. Panel interview also includes a presentation which is a focus on the candidate's presentation skills, ability to communicate, and showcasing a mastery of their expertise.

Interview Questions

• Questions can come from a broad range of areas.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Know who you are an what you have to offer. Keep in mind if you challenge the negotiation be prepared to state your case.

Lead Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

Multiple reviewers and a lunch interview. They probed on the topic of hire and subject matter. Talked about other positions also. Gave a lot of information on the how the company works and its facilities and programs.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would tackle this problem or handle this situation   1 Answer

Lead Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

HR handled the scheduling and travel arrangement process in a very efficient manner. I end up having to come out twice to talk to two different groups. Everyone I met was very enthusiastic and the work environment seemed rather laid back.

The interviews themselves were a little too easy. For the most part, I got to hear a good deal about the corporation's philosophy and some generalities about the work undertaken by the groups to which I talked. But, I didn't feel that one of the groups did much of a job of probing my qualifications and talents (the second group on the other hand, did a more thorough/standard grilling).

Interview Questions

• What would you say are the transferable skills you bring from an academic background which you would be able to apply to your projects here?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

In my case it was pretty straight forward. I had worked with the hiring manager before when we were both government. When the time came to retire from the military, I approached them about potential positions. Nothing was available at the time, but a year later they came to me and asked if I was still interested.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MITRE in June 2014.

Interview

Two phone screening then call in to interview with 5 different lead software engineers. Four different sections for tech skill set, each section last about 15-30 minutes. Area covered: problem solving skill, OOP knowlege, code implementation and designs.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you are given an assignment that you do not have the knowlege to solve. How do you approach the problem   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with an Engineer from Mitre. The phone interview lasted for thirty minutes. The interviewer was well prepared. It felt like the phone interview was well structured. The interviewer did not bring up salary requirements during the phone interview. I viewed that as a positive, because that question should be asked during later stages of the interview process. I got the impression that the interviewer was well trained on how to conduct an interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked a question about a web development technical skill. The question was difficult, because I did not have a lot of experience using that skill.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA).

Interview

I never understood why these were so terse, but it's because you're offered a gift card after reviewing the company and don't recall the interview. It was a quick process from applying online, to phone screen, to in person interview, to job offer. Unfortunately, that's dependent on the department you end up applying for since the departments do their own hiring vs. an HR department.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral interviews for most departments. If that's the case, run, run away screaming.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer a competitive salary and don't negotiate much. Asking too much will not serve as a negotiation starting point but rather a reason not to be interviewed.

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA).

Interview

Hour long phone interview that was mostly me telling my backstory & interests (no technical questions. Then I was invited on site for a whole day of interviews which consisted of me meeting different members of the groups I was being considered for & it was similar to the phone interview where I retold my backstory & what I am interested in. In the on site interviews there were a few technical questions asked but surprisingly easy, run of the mill questions (i.e. fibonacci, fizzbuzz, & sorting). The interviews where less me selling myself to them & rather more them selling me on the company & their group.