MX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MX Interview Questions

Interviews at MX

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MX (Lehi, UT).

Interview

The interviews are devoid of process. If they have one, it definitely isn't apparent. Every time I asked "what are the steps from here?" no one seemed to know. That could be because it's a small company and they still haven't figured it out, but it also seems likely as part of the company culture. They definitely seem to thrive in an environment where nothing is planned in advance.

I had three interviews all together and a lunch with the engineers. The questions were simple, and mostly to gauge my experience and interests. It seems like they look more for people who fit into their culture rather than those with a lot of experience. The whole process was very chill and random, usually with a week before the next contact about the next interview.

While the company seems to have a great outlook and a vision for a product they truly believe in, and that I also believe in, it really boiled down to a few things.

1. Their team dynamic just seemed really different and didn't give me a sense of worth like some other companies did. While their interview questions were easy, I got the feeling like they were asking "are you up to the challenge of proving yourself?" instead of "do you feel like you can contribute to this great cause? If so, we would love to have you and we will be there supporting you in our mutual success." While some of you may like that, I definitely didn't like the idea of a constant "proving grounds" as my workplace.

2. The offer they gave me was actually insulting more than anything. It was over 60% lower than what other places in the area are offering and that's what REALLY gave me the feeling of not wanting to work there. If they didn't value the talents and experience that I had to offer to the company enough that they couldn't even give me a competitive offer, then I knew they wouldn't value me as an employee. If you actually care about what you're getting paid, then I give you this knowledge to gauge whether or not you should take the time to work here.

All in all, the experience was random and long. The offer was absolutely dreadful. The company itself seems really awesome and I really like their product. I think I could have been persuaded to join them if the offer was competitive with the market and my experience, but there are other companies with similar benefits that offer more to their employees.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MX (Provo, UT) in October 2012.

Interview

good, smart team, the did not have a really defined interview process at the time. It is much different now. I am now part of the interviews we do and it is much different.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MX.

Interview

The interview process was really traditional when I interviewed. I was asked questions about my experience, and I could tell they were trying to get a sense of who I was. The first time I interviewed, I ended up being too junior for what they were looking for, but overall it was a positive experience.

Software Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MX (Lehi, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and took weeks to complete. For my first interview, I met with three sets of employees - lasting about 2 hours. Those employees then rated me and provided their ratings to their hiring committee. Since I hit a certain point total, they invited me back to meet with the executive team, again lasting about 2 hours.
    Even though the process was lengthy, all employees were very open about how they felt I would fit in to the company and even welcomed me being open with them about my questions and concerns. The recruiting rep assisting me, Sami, was always in constant contact with me and let me know how everything was going on their end.
    Overall the process was great and I felt very comfortable that I would enjoy working there by the end.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in MX?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you made a mistake and how you fixed it?   Answer Question
    • What was the biggest problem you have had to overcome and walk me through the steps you took to fix it?   Answer Question

Channel Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MX (Lehi, UT) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online for the open position, within a few days I received an email from a recruiter saying that they would like to schedule a phone. The phone interview was fairly straightforward asking about my past experience and why I would be a good fit for MX. After the phone interview I waited about 2 weeks to hear that I would be brought in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was fairly comprehensive in that I interviewed with 4 different people, each representing different departments within the company. After this interview, I waited another 2 weeks and to hear that I would be brought in for one final interview with the companies CEO, CCO, and CFO. The final interview took about 3 hours and ended with the CEO letting me know that I'd be receiving and offer. The offer was verbally offered later that evening.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MX (Lehi, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screen - 30 minutes or so with their talent director. The interview was very conversational and relaxed. Recruiter made you feel at ease and answered my questions above expectations. I felt informed and prepared for the on site interview. She was very responsive through the whole process, I wish more talent recruiters were like her.

On Site - Laid back atmosphere everyone was casual dressed. Interview was mostly just chatting and getting to know one another. They also gave me a tour and their new facilities in Lehi and they are very impressive.

The only complaint was that it dragged on a little (an extra week) to hear their final decision. I understand timelines change but I was very eager to hear back because I was really excited to work for MX. Overall MX seems like a great company that cares about their employees and has a passion for the products they make.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MX (Provo, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Several phone interviews and then a face-to-face at a national trade show. Rather standard approach but it got weird as they dug into my relationship with existing clients and my knowledge of them. This started with phone conversations but then it carried over to face-to-face. It felt more like my interest in cult was bing tested, rather than a job interview.

Interview Questions

• They really seemed most interested in competitive information, practically begging me to tell them what I knew of the competitions client base.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MX (Lehi, UT) in August 2018.

Interview

You get the opportunity to meet with a few different people in the company first. After this you will meet with the department you are applying with in the company. Last you get to meet with one of the executives.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MX (Lehi, UT) in January 2019.

Interview

Submitted resume and had a telephone interview with in-house recruiter. In-house recruiter asked questions unrelated to my experience and qualifications, and unrelated to the role and responsibilities of the position being filled.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MX (Provo, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the SVP of sales in March. The SVP decided to move on to another opportunity and due to various circumstances, it took a while to get re-engaged with the HR group. After working through that, the whole process was relatively quick. I had an onsite interview for a day where I met most of the executive team and had a chance to learn all about MX from most departments. I was also able to have my questions answered and learn what the biggest needs were from a sales engineer perspective. I was very encouraged by the personal connections of everyone I met with. Everyone is smart, conscientious and hard working. I am so glad to be part of a team making a difference in the financial lives of the average person. I was prepared to answer very detailed questions about API's and core systems and online banking providers, but in reality, it was more about fit with the culture and people at MX than about technical knowledge (although just as important). I felt like everyone genuinely cared about me as a person, and after being part of the team for almost 2 months, I can say that is even more true now.