Macerich Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macerich Interview Questions

2.6

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macerich.

Interview

Easy and brief. Not overwhelming at all and boring questions. It seemed as though that the managers had no idea how to interview. Mostly just asking basic and easy questions.

Marketing Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macerich (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

I was told the interview was for costumer service, buy when I met the manager, I found out it was for a marketing administrative assistant. So the questions were about marketing knowledge, social media skills and experience as administrative assistant.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite company? (Marketing terms)   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macerich (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Very laid back and informal. I had my future boss as well as her boss interviewing me. They were both incredibly friendly and easy to conversate with. We instantly hit it off and the interview became a discussion about life and politics. I think everyone in the room knew I had the job.

Interview Questions

• What did I dislike about my previous employer.   1 Answer

Senior Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macerich (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

My interview here was fairly informal involving HR and supervisor. Dress business casual and do some research on the company and their competitors. Also understand there business assets and opportunities. Helps to know someone via someone in the office and use as many connections as you can.

Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macerich (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Standard general interview asking for work history background. Went through 3 face to face interviews with managers of increasing stature. Nothing difficult or analytical about it. They tried to suggest I apply for an accounts recievable role, but my friend who worked there said this was beneath me so I said I wasn't interested. They ended up offering the Lease Revenue role which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I increased the salary offer by about $5k annually by saying that's what it would take to make me leave my prior job.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macerich in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with Regional VP, Divisional VP and Mall staff. Overall process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• From the staff, if we were having an ice cream party and all loved cherries but there is only one how would I handle it..   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fast.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macerich (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Traded many phone calls trying to set up interview. Met with HR person, then a week later same HR person and a representative from the Legal department. The position was a mid-level staff position but neither the HR nor Legal representative could give many details about actual responsibilities. Many generalities were given about job and company, not many specifics. Representatives were professional but not friendly or welcoming; had a sense of tension between the two representatives. My perception was the culture and/or work environment was stressful and competetive. When walking through the office no one said hello or looked me in the eye. That is just my intuition based on the little contact I had with the company and employees. Did not hear back from representative until 3 to 4 weeks after second interview. Company places a lot of emphasis on credit and background check (I was advised of this several times during both interviews). My advise to future candidates would be to provide as much documentation on your work history, accomplishments, etc., as not a lot of attention is given during actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you had problems with insubordination in your previous work experience?   1 Answer

The company recently terminated almost 200 employees for economic reasons; did not think it was in my best interest to take a job given those circumstances.

S&GS Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macerich (Redmond, WA) in November 2008.

Interview

Great four interview process which introduces you to all of the people you will be working with, and reporting to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some wiggle room on salary.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macerich.

Interview

applied online was called back a week later for a face to face interview, then was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• there wasn't one all of the questions were straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation

there wasn't one