Maimonides Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maimonides Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.3

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center.

Interview

I first met with the recruiter; they were very nice and friendly. I met with them in their office for questions/resume review/reference review. After that I had a short break and then we met with the nurse manager who was hiring, and we did a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember too many questions they asked me -- just about my career goals, what makes me unique as a nurse, etc.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center.

Interview

I recieved a call, for an interview by the nurse recruiter, she then set a date, then I went I went for the interview. Business outfit. Nurse recruiter was very professional and warm.

Interview Questions

• If a family of a heavy patient that was just repositioned, request to be repositioned again, what will you do?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty quick interview, relatively easy with easy questions. I interviewed and applied for the position on the spot at a career fair! The problem was the location was extremely inconvenient so I couldn't take the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous work experience?   1 Answer

Rehab Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center.

Interview

The first stage was a short phone interview and a few emails with the supervisor to find out about my level of experience to prepare for the hospital setting. Once this was done they scheduled me for an interview with the department supervisor and another manager. I toured the facility and waited a few days before receiving information about my application status.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a series of situational question and had to verbally explain my plan of care   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Maimonides Interview Process took 4+ weeks. I kept calling HR and finally landed an interview. You do a initial interview with the recruiter and if she likes you she will see what your interest is and place you in a unit which will seem best for you. Then the second interview is with the unit manager and he/she will show you around the floor and ask you some clinical and past work related question and tell you HR will contact you in a week or so if you are selected. I received a call after a week and accepted the job, esp bc I am a new grad and its hard to find a job in a hospital. Basically you have to shine and make sure you know your clinical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Describe did you resolve a situation you encountered with a troublesome patient?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief questioning if you already work there in another capacity/role. For current employees all paperwork requested needed to be submitted before being granted an interview. Interviewer was polite and direct.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an interview at first with the head of recruitment. She asked tough questions but it was not as bad as I thought. 2 weeks later I was asked to come back to meet with the Nurse manager on a specific floor. She did not ask me any questions, just showed me around and made it seem like I got the job- I did not.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications? What is your experience? Describe a patient handoff.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse, Emergency Room Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, one with recruiter , one with manager, Impress both. Most likely will let you know on the spot if they like you or not. If you pass round one with the recruiter , you will get a tour of the unit you are applying for. If the manager is not sure, they will decide in about a week weather or not they really want you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

didnt need to negotiate, Offer was very fair

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

My hiring process includes dropping resume off in person, then got phone call back in a month for the first interview with nurse recruiter. After passing the interview with recruiter, I was schedule with a unit manager and after that will be a unit staff interview.

Interview Questions

• Why nursing? Why MMC? What would you do in such situations?   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center.

Interview

I applied through SYEP (summer youth employment program) for a summer job. SYEP interviewed me directly, not Maimonides. All that was asked was pretty much just asking about myself, why am I a good fit for the position, and why I want to work for them.