Marathon Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 210 of over 210 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marathon Petroleum

Marathon Petroleum

Application

I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum

Interview

Met at the career fair with follow up at information session. Interviewed in person on campus and was a quick 15-30mins interview. The interview was not too technical at all.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do outside of class?
    Answer Question

Marathon Petroleum

Application

I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum

Interview

Pre covid. Interviewed on my campus, it was a fairly simple and mirrored normal interview questions; nothing out of the ordinary. Very friendly and inviting recruiters who did a good job at finding the right fit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marathon Petroleum

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum

Interview

4 different interviews all in one day. Took about eight hours in total. I interviewed with all managers of the specific department. They provided lunch from the cafeteria. Overall pretty low key and great.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marathon Petroleum

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum

Interview

(1) Automated video interview - you read the questions and respond on video with your answers. Quite difficult/awkward. (2) Phone interview with several members of your potential department. (3) Onsite interview with HR rep and then your potential department. (4) Offer

Interview Questions
  • Typical questions (why do you want to work at Marathon? Tell us about a challenging issue you've worked through).

Marathon Petroleum

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum

Interview

The interview was pretty easy, asked about things on my resume and a couple simple behavioral questions. I had the interview the day after I met with them at my schools career fair.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marathon Petroleum

Application

I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum

Interview

Initial interview with HR representative. Panel interview with several members of the team. Behavioral questions, as well as some technical questions around statistics and use of tools for data visualization.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marathon Petroleum

Application

I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum

Interview

Had phone call through college career fair, and they give me call back for the phone interview, there were three people taking interview. they told me they would call back if I get accepted.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your self? Describe one project that you have work on ?

Marathon Petroleum

Application

I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum

Interview

Found the job posting on Handshake and applied with a resume some time in November. I reveived an email saying I got an interview, and did mine in early February

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marathon Petroleum

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum

Interview

Recruiter interview, Hiring manager interview, and a panel interview. Awesome and friendly experience at every level. The only issue I had was that the scheduler reached out at 11pm the night before the final interview to schedule it. Other than that it was a very enjoyable interview experience.

Interview Questions
  • Explain basic ML algorithms and basic Statistical concepts.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Houston, TX) in Mar 2021

Interview

2 round interview: -Personal Experience -Resume talking points -Technical questions (SQL, C#) -Talked more about my personality and situational cases and how I would go about talking about them -More information about the position and how I would like that position and the work within that position

Interview Questions
  • What did you do before Marathon? What languages have you studied and applied? What is your experiences with database languages?
1 person found this interview helpful