Mariano's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.1

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I went to the hiring event. So, my experience is a little different than yours probably will be. I stood in line for about a hour or so. I was interviewed a manager a manager I think and they asked a couple of questions and said that if they were interested they would call me back by the end of the day. Which they did and scheduled a second interview and when i arrived there were other applicants there and they were all waiting a bit behind there interview time. He told me i had the job on the spot and i signed the background check papers and was told to be expecting a call in for training in a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mariano's ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to put your pride aside and work with someone you was not necessarily on good terms with?   Answer Question
    • Describe you availability?   1 Answer
    • What did you like the most and the least about your last job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's.

Interview

I really wanted to work for the company so I called each store individually and I found one that said that they were hiring I applied online and then called the store back and they said that they review my application and then I heard for them and about week

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my former company   1 Answer

General Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interview by the store manager first he ask me why I want to work here then the store director interview me and he liked my attitude for this job so he had offer me a position and I accept it.

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mariano's (Orland Park, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR rep seemed uninterested in the interview process. She keep trying to put me in other departments that I didn't apply for. Never read past the first page of my resume

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my previous jobs   1 Answer
    • What is one thing you did to go out of your way for a customer   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had disciplinary actions at work or school   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in the grocery industry   1 Answer
    • What do you see yourself doing with your degrees   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you were asked to do something outside your job description   1 Answer

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They took about two weeks to call back. I spoke with a recruiter over the phone and then had two interviews at the store. Both interviews were with someone from HR, the second one was supposed to be with the store director but he wasn't available. The first interviewer was mostly focused on availability and the second interviewer was more so focused on customer service and skills.

Customer Service Associate & Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was with three people, all at once. Questions were about experience, education, how to handle customer with a complaint and personal abilities. After I got hired I had training to do and it was paid.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a situation where a customer is having difficulty with another employee?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mariano's.

Interview

Phone screen conducted. Two interviews. Very basic interview questions. Waited to hear back. Got hired on the spot. Returned in a week to start my new job.Training is very fast paced.

Co Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mariano's.

Interview

Very easy
    Did a phone screen and went in for a mass hire at a hotel in rosemont, IL.
    Overall had 3 interviews
    Very easy
    Did a phone screen and went in for a mass hire at a hotel in rosemont, IL.
    Overall had 3 interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mariano's.

Interview

On Campus, it was by two very nice women who made you feel very comfortable. They said they would send out an email in May to let me know about if they will move forward… the interview was in September.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Grocery Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very quick. I wasn't unprepared but the interviewer was rushing the interview. I tried to be brief and detailed with my answers and even then, he was speeding through it. I was the only one there at the time yet he treated it like it was a packed Open Interview.