Mariano's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mariano's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mariano's.

Interview

On Phone interview to get to know you a bit better. Then in store interview, which is about 20-30 minutes long and was called back again to talk to the store manager.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's in August 2017.

Interview

First I applied online, which was a simple/typical application process. A few days later I got a phone interview and was asked a few simple questions, like why I want to work at Mariano's. Through the phone interview, I was offered another interview, which was in person. Since the Mariano's I applied for was still in construction, we met in an office space nearby. I was interviewed by staff from another Mariano's and they gave me more typical interview questions. After the interview, they told me to wait for an email regarding a future interview with the soon to be chosen store manager. I never got an email for the future interview nor an email rejecting me. This was very confusing to me because a friend also applied and got a rejection letter. Now that the store is open it is extremely understaffed, not to mention I know multiple unresponsible people that work there. I just wish I got an email regarding whether or not they wanted me instead of leaving me confused.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to confront a problem at school/work.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mariano's in July 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview first, then the guy who I spoke with asked me to come in the next day for an in person interview. The interview was short and sweet. The assistant manager "interviewed me" in the café area. Then told me I'd be a good fit for the position, though it'd be part time...I went to orientation later that day.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mariano's (Lombard, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter contacted me via email two days later and gave me information for a phone screening. I called the number they gave me within 48 hours and the phone interviewer set me up for an interview with my local manager in the same week. Phone interviewer was very helpful and suggested other open positions I could apply for based on my qualifications. I met with a store representative at a local hiring center 5 days later, and she immediately introduced me to the store director (aka manager). The interview was very quick and easy; the people seemed satisfied with my average, short responses to questions. They had me come back 8 days later to fill out paperwork related to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Mariano's?   Answer Question
    • What salary were you thinking?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability (go through the week day by day)?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a customer who needed help?   1 Answer
    • What is your customer service policy?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question
    • What would an acceptable reason be to miss a shift?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10 how badly do you want to work at Mariano's?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you went out of your way to help someone?   Answer Question
    • *Not a question, but make sure you mention any qualifications or prior experience you have.   1 Answer
    • What was your previous job/are you currently working anywhere else?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mariano's.

Interview

It was pretty easy. Sat with the front end manager asked basic questions then sent me to the store director. Just be nice smile and make eye contact. Customer service is most important to them so show them you can be a good candidate for that.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The phone interview only asked me 3 questions and they were easy the whole process was very easy and quick and if they tell you excellent that's a good thing

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What would you do if you dissatisfied a customer?
      How will you greet your customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mariano's (Buffalo Grove, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Very simple and was reallly quick. The person who was interviewing me was super nice and asked questions based on your experiences. I dressed nicely for this! The interview itself was around 15 minutes and afterwards they told me they would call me back.

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mariano's (Lombard, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Received the phone interview . went well until when leaving the hiring location in Lombard they made a comment as to how old is he. I felt bad hearing that when I can handle any type of a position you give me . thank you Mr, Mariano's

Interview Questions

• if hired on would you be a part time worker or full time   1 Answer
    • would I be able to do that kind of work   1 Answer
    • when leaving I had heard a interviewer say how old is he .   1 Answer

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I went to the hiring event. So, my experience is a little different than yours probably will be. I stood in line for about a hour or so. I was interviewed a manager a manager I think and they asked a couple of questions and said that if they were interested they would call me back by the end of the day. Which they did and scheduled a second interview and when i arrived there were other applicants there and they were all waiting a bit behind there interview time. He told me i had the job on the spot and i signed the background check papers and was told to be expecting a call in for training in a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mariano's ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to put your pride aside and work with someone you was not necessarily on good terms with?   Answer Question
    • Describe you availability?   1 Answer
    • What did you like the most and the least about your last job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's.

Interview

I really wanted to work for the company so I called each store individually and I found one that said that they were hiring I applied online and then called the store back and they said that they review my application and then I heard for them and about week

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my former company   1 Answer