Mariano's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mariano's (Northbrook, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. They called about a week and half later for an on the spot phone interview. Passed the first interview easily; interviewer was comfortable and open, and relaxed. Smile and be yourself, you'll do fine. Questions were like: what are your grades, any clubs at school, what are you studying or majoring in, time you gave good customer service, negatives about you, etc. Got a second interview the same day. Shorter one, but this time with the manager of the whole store. He was more serious than the first and asked less questions but it went well. Got offered a position for the store as a general clerk, instead of a cashier, which is fine with me since I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to be a leader for a group.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a position as general clerk. Accepted.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online months ago they finally emailed me then I had a on the phone interview then I went to the in person interview it was really easy they kept switching between the manager and the store director I was told I had the job 3 times in person but I’ve been waiting for a call back for about a week

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mariano's (Franklin Park, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then scheduled an interview in person. Got asked a series of questions, and they asked me my work expectations. There were about 20 other people getting interviewed too around me.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been to a Mariano's before?   1 Answer

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mariano's (Aurora, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

They asked name a time when questions. They say that they look for people who smile a lot and are energetic. They want you to dress professionally and bring a resume.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you experienced good/bad customer service and why?   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I go in and it was supposed to be at 2pm. A manager who was training came at 3. And then the store director interviewed me after. It was all in all the easiest interview ever. Don't even be nervous for it. It's just a grocery store.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer wanted to return a product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mariano's (Mundelein, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

It was my first job in high school. I first had a short phone interview and then went in for a face-to-face interview. The first interview was a manager and he was so understanding since it was my first interview. He completely calmed my nerves. I then immediately had another interview with someone from corporate and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you have done to help out a stranger?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very easy. Asked me what's my availability, when can I start, and am I willing to submit a background check. It was one of the easiest interview I ever had. I thought it was going to be hard. The HR was very nice and cool to talk to I really liked her.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to submit a background check   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's (Hoffman Estates, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

For me it was a 2 week process. First you go through a phone interview to see if they want you to come in for an interview. Then you interview with the store operations manager, and if that goes well, you interview with the store director.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

One phone interview, in person interview with HR, and then interview with store manger. All in that order. Very quick process...had my HR interview and was then sent straight to the store. Most likely because it was a new store

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I first met with a store manager. She took me to a dining section of the store and asked me some basic questions (why Marianos, relevant experience, etc). That interview went well and she scheduled a second interview with the Store Director the next day. I came back and met with him and he asked me some harder questions (what do I consider my strengths and weaknesses, what did customer service mean to me, etc) and at the end of the interview he told me I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Was there a specific department of the store I was interested in?   1 Answer