MarkLogic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MarkLogic Interview Questions

Interviews at MarkLogic

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MarkLogic (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Totally there were 8 rounds of interview. First 2 of them were technical interviews - both telephonic interviews in a week gap. 1st interview covered the Marklogic Fundamentals and my background in MarkLogic. 2nd Interview was in and out of J2EE that i have worked upon, no marklogic questions. The remaining 6 rounds were properly planned and scheduled in person interviews at Washington D.C. It had a proper itinerary on who's going to Interview me and it was informed to me before my travel, So i was able to be prepared mentally for it. I have requested for a quicker interview process and asked them to have it in a shorter notice as i had plans for a vacation. They nodded to it. Amongst these 6 rounds, 2 of them were technical. It was a great experience for me to attend both the technical and non technical interviews. All my travel expenses were completely reimbursed. Interview wasn't too difficult for me, as i had a lot of prior experience in MarkLogic. For Beginners, they'd to prepare a lot or atleast should've worked in a MarkLogic project end to end. Just Xquery Knowledge won't help.

Interview Questions

• Some Fundamental Questions:
      1. What's a Forest?
      2. How many Forests can be attached to a Database?
      3. What are Universal Index?
      4. What's a term list?
      5. What's are different types of Indexes and what are those have you used?
      6. Would you be able to travel? If Yes, What Percentage can you travel?   1 Answer

MarkLogic Response

Mar 26, 2017 – SVP, WW Consulting and Training

Thanks for sharing your feedback on our interview process. We taking selecting members of our team very seriously and are thrilled to have you on board.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MarkLogic (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very straightforward! Two phone interviews and an on-site interview. I did three interviews on site, two behaviors and one technical( Design/Coding). The coding interview was a language of choice and I chose Java. The hiring manager and the team were very respectful.

Interview Questions

• What are types of indexing?   1 Answer
    • Coding question was some kind of sorting question.   1 Answer
    • JSON or XML ? Explain why you prefer one over the other.   1 Answer
    • Design a database.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Nice team. Tell the candidate not much about the job: While you don't want to dominate the interview time, you should start with a brief summary of the position, including the prime responsibilities, reporting structure, key challenges, and performance criteria. This will help the candidate provide relevant examples and responses.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MarkLogic in February 2018.

Interview

Applied on Jan 25th, responsed on 26th and a phone interview on Feb 5th. The interviewer is nice and kind. Questions are related to basic CS knowledge and data structure.

Interview Questions

• OS thread, process, page fault
      TCP/UDP
      C++ knowledge, 'static' key word, memory leak.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MarkLogic.

Interview

Applied online, a couple of phone chats, finished the technical questions. Got an offer from Marklogic but they later recinded. Very unprofessional. Stay away from the company.

Interview Questions

• applied online -> a couple of phone interview -> technical questions about Marklogic product (finished in a few days)   2 Answers

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MarkLogic (San Carlos, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the manager. She then gave me an exercise to do to see how I followed instructions. The exercise was pretty easy. After I finished the exercise, I had an on-site interview with all the other writers, a QA person, an engineer, and the manager.

Interview Questions

• . What does this piece of code do?
      . What thing that you've worked on are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarkLogic (San Carlos, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I went to the university employment information session. Then, on the next day, I was interviewed by two software engineers from MarkLogic at my University recruiting center. I was contacted within 2 days and offered for onsite interview. It took one week to get the VISA. After that I went to their California office for on site interview. It was a day long interview. I was interviewed by six people individually. All of them are technical in nature. At the last stage, I was given six technical question with one hour to answer.

The most important thing is that the interview and result of the interview is superfast. I was offered on the next day of my interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement the singleton pattern in multithreaded environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They keep the door open for feasible negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at MarkLogic in March 2014.

Interview

Received a call for a position I did not apply for. The recruiter asked several questions and emphasized the stock equity and benefits. He did not like my employment history but I countered that my company sells product not consulting time. Recruiter then setup phone interview with hiring manager the following week. The hiring manager commented 'you only designed simple models'. I had to correct him.

Interview Questions

• Can you send along your plan on how to build an organization from scratch?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MarkLogic (San Carlos, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

It is very quick. Overall the experience is good. There was a hiring even in our university. I applied there. There was in person interview with developer in the university. Then the asked me to travel to head office for an onsite interview. There was total 6X1 hour interview with six different persons. Besides, there was a lunch with the whole group. Altogether, the experience is positive.

Interview Questions

• Write down the singleton pattern   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MarkLogic (San Carlos, CA).

Interview

Standard interview process - 1 phone interview and an on-site 2 hr interview.

Got an offer letter and after responding with a counter offer, the team never got back to me with a final answer - which I found very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for new opportunities?   1 Answer