MarketAxess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MarketAxess Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.9

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MarketAxess.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then onsite. Asked mostly knowledge based questions of java and about my past projects on my resume. Had about 4 interviewers who asked a lot of personal questions and 2 of them asked technical too, including a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you make a constructor private in Java?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Simple one word 'Java', the company is very focused on building on top of their java application and software, almost everything they do is in Java. First is a 45 minute phone interview for Java concepts, and then superday at the company, where they ask about past experience and some Java concepts

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They sent a confirmation and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was a brief conversation and asked about something on my resume. Next was the onsite interview and it was more of a discussion of me and my school rather than my skills for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name something you contributed to as apart of a group project.   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application, phone screen, then super day in Manhattan with 5 back to back interviews with different senior managers. Very laid back, only one interviewer really asked "interview" questions, the rest just were more conversational. Make sure you have questions about the firm and what they are working on, because the interview was more driven by what I wanted to know about the company. Told afterwards it would be 2 weeks till a decision was made, so still waiting to hear

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you want me to take away from this interview that isn't on your resume?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One Hr Screening (Be prepared for some behavioral questions), One Technical Interview(OOPS ,Java Core , Interface, Abstract Class, Exceptions,Database Design) , 4-5 Onsite Technical rounds (Technical questions related to resume)

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MarketAxess.

Interview

One phone interview, then a super day in NY. They told me there would be two super days for 4 spots, each super day having about 5 applicants. I met with 5 different people for about 40 minutes each. The interviews were pretty informal.

Interview Questions

• Why is sales important? What did you know about this company before this interview? What do you want me to take away from this interview?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY).

Interview

First had a phone screen and the had me come down to their offices in Manhattan. Interview was pretty straightforward. Met with some of their developers. First developer I met with gave me some coding exercises involving tree traversals. Rest of the developers I met with asked me basic java questions (ie. checked exceptions vs. unchecked). I felt the interview was fair and not too difficult. At the end I met with a more HR type person.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a checked and unchecked exception?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

1 - 2 phone screens with management. General questions asked, spoke about the role, my background and skills. lasting about 45 min to 1 hour
    After the Phone screen you are asked to come in for a face to face interview. This lasted 2.5 hours and I met with the manager, 3 members of the team and upper management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What makes you right for this job?
      Tell me something positive and negative about your current employer
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was straightforward and I met with increasingly senior people as the interview went on. However, there was one less senior person that came in to do a little test. I had to learn something from the less senior person and then teach it to the more senior person. The interview was a bit scattered and I did have to wait between people, but otherwise, the process went well. From what I could gather, it seems there's a big split between Sales and BA/Dev culture, so I'm guessing management favors the Sales side - that's how it always goes.

It's a growing company, which is why I am after a job there, and I'm sure there's enough to go around; not just cash, but opportunities too.

Production Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I went through four rounds of interviews. I spoke with the head of the team, the head of infrastructure, some of the team members, and the CIO. The questions were largely around how I approach problems in trade flow and my familiarity with Linux and FIX.