MarketAxess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MarketAxess Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MarketAxess.

Interview

The interviewer called, with a thick French accent. Hard to understand most of the time and had to pause to think about what he said in order to answer.

Set up a phone interview and the interviewer called 15 minutes late.

Told me before hanging up that I would hear back. Emailed him a few days later and received no response. It's fine to ignore emails but don't tell people that they will hear back.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening, an hour long call took 13 minutes because my interviewer refused to answer almost all my questions. Here is a short list.

What was the last project the team worked on?
    What java script frame works do you use? (His answer was " a mixed bag")
    What is the team size?
    What are the projects like?

On Glassdoor there are a lot of negative reviews. When I brought any of those topics up he refused to answer.

I was asked about my experience and what I wanted to do.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MarketAxess in September 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Talked about stuff on my resume, like previous work experience and projects. I was asked about sql queries and general stuff of how data gets sent to the server.

Interview Questions

• How is data sent to a server?

How to join two tables with inner join?

How does data in a form get sent to the server?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone Screen (basic Java questions) -> Tech round (intermediate Java questions/data structures) -> HR round

The tech team reads off a script of questions found here on glassdoor in the second stage.

The HR round mostly asked me personal questions about my education (high school and college) rather than what I could offer to the company. No personal questions besides education, for the most part. Just where you got your degree/your high school experience. One of them also remarked that they thought my school was bad.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract classes and interfaces?
      Did you come from a public or private high school?
      Did anyone famous come from your school?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter.
    Three stage interview process. First in person with 3 BA Managers. Second in person interview with 3 managers of QA and Dev team. Final in person interview with CIO. Overall process took approximately 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational interview with a few basic questions, and little to no behavioral questions. What do you know about the company? Why are you a great fit for the role?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MarketAxess.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then onsite. Asked mostly knowledge based questions of java and about my past projects on my resume. Had about 4 interviewers who asked a lot of personal questions and 2 of them asked technical too, including a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you make a constructor private in Java?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Simple one word 'Java', the company is very focused on building on top of their java application and software, almost everything they do is in Java. First is a 45 minute phone interview for Java concepts, and then superday at the company, where they ask about past experience and some Java concepts

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was with 6 people PM BA QA managers and DEV they asked me basic QA questions and mostly personality questions .

Overall it was pretty easy questions they mostly look for people they can work with daily.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They sent a confirmation and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was a brief conversation and asked about something on my resume. Next was the onsite interview and it was more of a discussion of me and my school rather than my skills for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name something you contributed to as apart of a group project.   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application, phone screen, then super day in Manhattan with 5 back to back interviews with different senior managers. Very laid back, only one interviewer really asked "interview" questions, the rest just were more conversational. Make sure you have questions about the firm and what they are working on, because the interview was more driven by what I wanted to know about the company. Told afterwards it would be 2 weeks till a decision was made, so still waiting to hear

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you want me to take away from this interview that isn't on your resume?   Answer Question