Marriott Vacations Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

The application process involves an online application, as well as an assessment test to evaluate your customer service ability. The interview consists of about 5 questions about your experience handling customer issues/complaints

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a customer issue/complaint and how you managed that complaint   Answer Question

Front Desk Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Myrtle Beach, SC).

Interview

There was a series of three interviews in the hiring process. I was interviewed by higher positioned managers who wanted to make sure that the person was the right fit for the job and their culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marriott?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Myrtle Beach, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

2 - 3 days after submitting an application, I got an email from the Loss Prevention Manager asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was professional, but very laid back and easy going. I was told that I would hear something by Monday if I didn't hear anything Saturday. That Saturday, I emailed the Manager asking how the process was going and how much I enjoyed the opportunity to speak with her as well as how comfortable I was during the interview. She emailed me back offering me the job and asked that I call her so she could do it over the phone. I went through the normal process of background checks and drug screening the following week and started a day earlier than they projected.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

Finally got a call about a month after I applied. After phone/email tag for about 2 weeks, got a phone interview. I thought it went well but a few days later got an automated email from their career site saying basically they're not interested. Rumor has it, they won't hire unless you have timeshare sales experience and I only have other sales experience so maybe that's it. Anyway if you're new to timeshare, I wouldn't waste your time applying here.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have met your sales goals and what you did to get there.   Answer Question
    • Why Marriott?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above as beyond for a guest.   Answer Question
    • How much do you want to make and how much do you make currently?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your best vacation and make me want to go there.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Kapolei, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was great, the hiring manager was very insightful! Although they mentioned whether or not the position was offered they would reply back with the results for candidacy. Comming up on day 2 and not a word, hoping for the best still.

Interview Questions

• How did i overcome a hectic situation in a former workplace situation?   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

Complete an Online app. You may need to complete 2 In person interviews with 2 different members of management. Also possible you may be required to role play a call. But it's simple.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a time you provided excellent customer service... In detail   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. Initial interview was on the phone with a recruiter and follow-up was at the site with sales manager. The offer came the day after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked several specific sales related questions based on previous experience.   Answer Question

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Hilton Head Island, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

Sit down in one of the guest villas to see the property. Interview was fairly informal. Not many questions, more of a conversation about the job and work experience. Overall it was almost a little too informal. STAR questions were asked but only 3. (STAR is Situation Task Action and Resolution questions where you describe the situation, the task that was needed, the action you took and the resolution that followed.)

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Newport Beach, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial on line web application. But then there is a video section which places you in certain situations. From those situation, they provide you with possible answers as to how you might answer. You have to choose the one that most likely and least likely match your answer. Then if you are accepted, you have a 60 min telephone interview. From there you would receive a 2-3 panel interview.

Interview Questions

• They use a STAR technique to ask questions. So they may ask, "Tell me about a time that you had to tell someone no". Tell us the Situation, the Task, the Action, and the Result.   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with a very nice gentlemen who had emailed me off another site and wondered if I'd like to come in for an interview. I never turn down a request like that. However, we quickly discovered that the job role he was looking to fill (Time Share Sales Agent) was not for me. No harm done.

Interview Questions

• What do your sales numbers look like?   1 Answer

The job was not what I was looking for