Marriott Vacations Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Marriott Vacations Worldwide

2.7

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

Complete an Online app. You may need to complete 2 In person interviews with 2 different members of management. Also possible you may be required to role play a call. But it's simple.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a time you provided excellent customer service... In detail   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview shortly after I applied online. I live in an area of Orlando that gets terrible cell reception, so HR texted me with the interview details. I even missed my first interview, and they rescheduled me. The building is in an office park and was difficult to find at first, but I got there eventually. The interview was one-on-one with one of the managers there. She immediately put me at ease by telling me that I obviously had an eloquent voice and plenty of experience on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome an objection from a guest/customer.
      Tell me about a time at a previous job when you accomplished something you thought was impossible.
      Tell me about a time when you helped someone (potential guest / customer).   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

SPA Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Originally submitted an application, but didn't hear back for a few weeks. Phone interview and two formal ones, followed by drug testing. Everyone I spoke to was friendly and loved where they worked.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "Describe a time where you..."

For example:
      -dealt with group conflict
      -really felt rewarded
      -made a decision you're proud of   Answer Question

College Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Pomona, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Interviewed on campus by a recruiter and a branch manager. The interview went for about 30-40 minutes. All questions are based on STAR behavioral questions. The recruiters were nice and kind. I was contacted the next day about the offer and was given one week to decide.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question

College Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

You have to apply online on mvw’s website. When doing the application, you also need to complete a skill/personality simulation. I had an over the phone interview for the job. A couple hours later, received an email with an offer letter from the recruiter.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Honolulu, HI) in February 2018.

Interview

It was a 1:1 interview. Interviewer went through your resume and asked STAR based questions (around 8-10 questions). The whole process was relax and pleasant and lasted around 40-50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your group projects   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a video interview about one and a half weeks later. I was asked some questions regarding my resume, and then asked 5 situational based questions. The process takes another 2-3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to teach someone something, at work or in class.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

I went through 3 phone interviews and each person I talked to was so nice and friendly. It was a very comfortable interview and they really seemed interested in what you had to say about your past experiences and passions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you came across a problem in the workplace and how you went about handling and overcoming it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Galloway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Galloway, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

It was around a half hour. I thought it was easy. My recruiter was extremely nice and personable. I thought the setting was casual and was well put together. There were time I would have to talk about my stories of work experiences.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to be in hospitality?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

Did not participate in an interview as I was recruited by a former manager that I had worked with at competing company. After accepting the job offer, I underwent a background check and a drug test which took a total of 3 days. After that, I set a start date to begin work.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this position that will increase our department revenue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is was no room for negotiations. The annual salary was fixed.