Marvell Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marvell Technology Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

3.1

Wireless Test Interview

Interview

submit resume online. called in by hiring manager. 5 rounds of interview which are ok not too difficult. they are looking for candidates with smart thinking and approaches to resolve issue

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

Phone screening followed by onsite interview with manager and 4 engineers in department which I applied to. Took a week or so to get first interview after I applied online. Took another week to get onsite interview scheduled. After that, I heard I got the job 3-4 days after.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a sorting method, give its runtime, and then write a faster sorting method and give its runtime.

2. Write a function in C to reverse a string in place.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

I first received an informational interview where the HR guy talked for 30 minutes about the company and all he had done for the company in the time he had been there in regards to the college recruitment program. After this I interviewed with the senior technical writer over phone where he mentioned that they don't accept OPT even though in the job listing I found they said they did. I was told they would get back to me within two days but didn't hear back for a week so I emailed the first HR guy to ask and received an email shortly after that they were passing on my application.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clarita, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very good. Got a call from Marvell with in one week. Went through in person interviews with Sr Management and had a good discussion about various issues. Team was very good and had a good knowledge.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was verbally offered the job, given one day to decide, I called back and verbally accepted. Then 2 days later the manager called and said they were giving the job to another candidate. I've never seen that done to a candidate.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how often I'd have my staff meetings, 1:1's, etc. Seemed like a pretty tactical question from a SVP, given the job was to come in and turn around an org.   1 Answer

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I have the phone interview first. Then there is an onsite interview with HR, Legal Director and Managing Counsel. After meeting with hiring managers, I have one more interview with HR again and three Corporate Counsel, who will be the future colleagues if join the group. A few days later, I have scheduled for another onsite interview with Executive VP and General Counsel and the Legal Director again. I will report to the Legal Director if join the team and she would like to confirm that I am the right one to choose.

Interview Questions

• 1. what you can bring to the position? 2. what are your strengths? 3. why did you want to leave the job? 4. what have you learned from your current job? 5. what will your current employer comment about you if we contact them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Technical phone interview for about an hour and half touching various topics - RTOS, embedded systems, coding, logic. Got invited onsite.
    Had 6 rounds of 1-1 interviews with focus on projects, communication, previous work experience, and generic coding conceptual questions. Everything went well and positive. I was asked to wait for 10 days and had a positive feeling from the interview.
    Wasn't contacted and upon follow up, got notified that the job position has been canceled.

Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview at first. The phone interview lasted about half an hour and recruiter mainly asked questions about the projects in resume. The recruiter seemed like satisfied with my performance and told me that he will recommend me to the next round. Then I received an onsite interview invitation about 10 days later. But hr informed me that this position required knowledge about analog design while me focus is digital design. So I did bad in the onsite interview and only had 2 rounds (there suppose to be 5 rounds). Onsite interview asked a lot about digital design, such as pll. So passing the phone interview is not always a good thing, the position is not a good fit for me and this experience is a waste of time.

SQA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

onsite interview for SQA position. 5 rounds of 45min each + 1 round of behavior with HR. interviews were mostly open questions, try to think of as many solutions as possible to show your thinking methodology and logics.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone screen interview and full day on-site technical interview
    Need to disclose GPA even for experienced professional. If you are under 3.5/4.0 then you will not able to have the interview.
    People are much nicer than other competing companies. Not too tricky or trying to find the interviewee's weakness as other companies.