Marvell Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

3.1

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was verbally offered the job, given one day to decide, I called back and verbally accepted. Then 2 days later the manager called and said they were giving the job to another candidate. I've never seen that done to a candidate.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how often I'd have my staff meetings, 1:1's, etc. Seemed like a pretty tactical question from a SVP, given the job was to come in and turn around an org.   1 Answer

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I have the phone interview first. Then there is an onsite interview with HR, Legal Director and Managing Counsel. After meeting with hiring managers, I have one more interview with HR again and three Corporate Counsel, who will be the future colleagues if join the group. A few days later, I have scheduled for another onsite interview with Executive VP and General Counsel and the Legal Director again. I will report to the Legal Director if join the team and she would like to confirm that I am the right one to choose.

Interview Questions

• 1. what you can bring to the position? 2. what are your strengths? 3. why did you want to leave the job? 4. what have you learned from your current job? 5. what will your current employer comment about you if we contact them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Technical phone interview for about an hour and half touching various topics - RTOS, embedded systems, coding, logic. Got invited onsite.
    Had 6 rounds of 1-1 interviews with focus on projects, communication, previous work experience, and generic coding conceptual questions. Everything went well and positive. I was asked to wait for 10 days and had a positive feeling from the interview.
    Wasn't contacted and upon follow up, got notified that the job position has been canceled.

Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview at first. The phone interview lasted about half an hour and recruiter mainly asked questions about the projects in resume. The recruiter seemed like satisfied with my performance and told me that he will recommend me to the next round. Then I received an onsite interview invitation about 10 days later. But hr informed me that this position required knowledge about analog design while me focus is digital design. So I did bad in the onsite interview and only had 2 rounds (there suppose to be 5 rounds). Onsite interview asked a lot about digital design, such as pll. So passing the phone interview is not always a good thing, the position is not a good fit for me and this experience is a waste of time.

SQA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

onsite interview for SQA position. 5 rounds of 45min each + 1 round of behavior with HR. interviews were mostly open questions, try to think of as many solutions as possible to show your thinking methodology and logics.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone screen interview and full day on-site technical interview
    Need to disclose GPA even for experienced professional. If you are under 3.5/4.0 then you will not able to have the interview.
    People are much nicer than other competing companies. Not too tricky or trying to find the interviewee's weakness as other companies.

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

My resume was referred to CPU group through an alumni from umich. Around 1 months after I submitted my resume, I got an email from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the phone interview. The phone interview took half an hour. One logic engineer asked me some basic questions about 5 stage in order pipeline and something about my resume. After 2 weeks came the invitation for onsite interviewIt. It took half day for meeting 5 people. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 5 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Interview Questions

• Do we need PC to index second level table of branch predictor (i.e. pattern history table)? Why? What if bits of PC more than bits to index to pattern history table?   1 Answer
    • How can we use PRF to implement CMOV instruction?   1 Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2016.

Interview

Never got back. The recruiters seem to avoid certain schools. Too bad they can't sniff the best of talent from state schools. I had a friend who was never called back but a month later he got into Apple. Wake up Marvell recruiters. It's time for you guys to give every fresh graduate a fair opportunity.

The int process was fairly exhaustive and pretty disappointing.

Software Guy Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

it was friendly as I am a pretty senior guy and it was obvious to interviewers that I knew my stuff. They asked what I have done and there were no tricky technical questions at all. Though I had heard differently. The interviewers did not come prepared and they were sharing the resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you have done   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I have applied this position on line last year . I have received a phone interview last week and there will be a phone interview this week. Asked the basic questions about the ASIC design and questions about the resume. Clock skew and jitter.Blocking and nonblocking. Setup and hold time question. Some basic question about the DFT. STA.

Interview Questions

• Describe the basic flow of DFT and the problem you met in the project   Answer Question