Massachusetts General Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Massachusetts General Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2018

2.7

Unit Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Interview

Very formal. Ask all the typical interview questions; why healthcare, why mass gen, what are your strengths and weaknesses, describe yourself. Got a call a few days later to offer me the job over the phone and then emailed me the offer letter afterwards.

Biomedical Equipment Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Interview

Had a conference call with a group of managers who run equipment at different departments. Basically a "tell me about yourself" interview then the interview ended there. The interviewer didn't offer an opportunity to let the candidate ask questions.

Grants Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview almost a month later. The phone interview was with the Development Director for the department I would be working under. The interview was pretty standard but I was suprised how easy going he was and it was more like a conversation. Before we hung up we were already scheduling a second interview, in person. Two weeks later I flew up to Boston and met with the man I spoke to before (my boss) for about 20 minutes- didn't ask much interview questions cause he had previously. Then I went and met with the Senior Grants Administrator whom I would be working with and saw what my office would be and what not. Meeting with her was more so for her to see if she could work with me side by side each day so pretty relaxed. Then I the last person I met with was the lead Doctor of Surgery for the Center of Transplantation Sciences and was pretty brief. He asked about my experience and really wanted me to thoroughly explain it. Then the following day I was contacted by someone from HR to submit my references 2 days later they were contacted and the following week I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Past experience
      Organizational skills
      Strengths/ Weaknesses
      What I want to learn
      Why I should be hired
      What I bring to the table   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks total. I was contacted first by the current CRC for a short phone interview on a Friday. Then brought in the next Wednesday for an interview with the PI. The next day I was called by the hiring manager and offered the job contingent on my references. The following Monday I received a call from the hiring that I got the position and on Tuesday morning I received the official offer from HR.

Community Health Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Interview

It wasn't a very productive interview and the interviewer didn't seem that interested in getting to know me. She asked me questions but didn't ask me to elaborate further on those answers.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied through indeed, and found a doctor's email online to send in my resume that way as well. My resume was circulated through the department, and I was invited for a phone screen for a couple of different projects. I then had Skype interviews with the doctor and 2 CRCs, and then was invited for an in-person interview. I interviewed with 4 different people from the team. It was very casual, a lot of questions about my previous experiences and transferable skills, and just seeing if I was a good fit for the team. It was a great experience, my only concern was the pay - which was not up for negotiation at all, and I when I tried to ask for more, it sounded like HR was trying to devalue me as an employee and act like they weren't almost 10k less than the average in the area. For someone with student loans and paying rent anywhere near Boston, it's going to be difficult to swing, but I took it because I really enjoyed the team and the job description.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you research experience   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires multitasking?   Answer Question

Partners BioBank Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through the mgh website and had a phone interview the following day. I had an in person interview with two people the following week. They asked standard behavioral questions. They said they would get back to me the following week but never did.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR. A few days later I was brought to the department to meet with the hiring manager. From start to finish I interviewed and received a job offer within 1 week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Interview

Met with Supervisor and the team. Questions asked where off resume. Very low pressure- was more about finding the right fit for the team than qualifications. Pretty standard and casual.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

MGH Diabetes research center. Interview took about 30 minutes and I met with 4 different people at different times. The asked questions about my clinical research experience and experience working with patients. I met with the RA I was going to replace, 2 RNA's and the program manager. The interviewers seemed to be in a hurry to rush through the questions since they were interviewing other candidates concurrently. But overall they were cordial and friendly.