Massachusetts General Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Massachusetts General Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.7

Resident Interview

Interview

invited to a low key dinner the night before with residents. full day event the next day including breakfast, presentations, tours. actual interview included two individual interviews and one panel interview. overall good experience, but very tiring day.

Research Technician Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was overall really swift and simple I received a phone screen and was asked to come in the next day for an interview. Absolutely everyone I interacted with was helpful and friendly. Benefits and expectations were laid out right away. The interview itself was conversational and I feel I learned as much from them as they did from me. The next day I was contacted for references. A really nice experience.

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Interview

Sent my resume and was scheduled an interview for 11am on a Friday with Judit Sore. Got there 10 minutes early and ended up waiting 20 minutes before I was actually seen. I had to tell someone to get her while she was speaking to someone in the office. She came out and said "you're the 11am right?". She then took me to the lobby and sat me down and asked me a few questions and tried to scare my off from the job saying that there are a lot of compliance issues and that it is a highly stressful job... Then she proceeded to put words into my mouth and accuse me of being an under-qualified applicant saying that I did not have any work experience. Graduating from college what did she expect. I am not bitter about not getting the job and i did make mistakes during the interview but I do not think that gives her the excuse to disrespect someone because of it. Do not ask for an interview if you do not see me as a qualified individual, do not waste my time by making me wait and most of all respect the people around you.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Interview

tell me about yourself? tell me about customer service? how is your team work ?They asked me if I knew anyone who worked for the company. I told them I did. They asked me if I knew the rates for home health visits. The manager then quoted me incorrect lower rates. I actually did know what they were paying before my interview. I lost respect for the company after that. The rates per visit were lower than I would have accepted...AND THEY TRIED TO OFFER ME A LOWER RATE THAN THEY PREVIOUSLY PAID NURSES!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I received an email about a good time to do a phone screen. During the screen I was asked basic questions about my experience, what I'm hoping to end up doing, and just general information about this particular lab. After the phone screen, I ended up interviewing with 4 people in the lab. It was very laid back and low pressure. A couple of weeks later I received an email about discussing logistics and received an offer that was too low for me to accept ($16/hour), unfortunately. It's hard to justify making a starting teacher's salary after earning a Master's degree in science. The overall interview itself was very casual and felt a lot more like a conversation.

Research Technician I Interview

Application

Interview

Basic process is phone interview, references and lastly in person interview. The phone interview was simple but prepare to answer any question. Then she contacted my two references and decided to have an in person interview. After I arrived MGH, I had separate interview with three people. The three people included the two PI and the lab coordinator.

Interview Questions

• What techniques did you learn in the lab that you worked at?   Answer Question
    • What was the greatest challenge you faced during your time at the lab? How did you overcome it? (Be more elaborate)   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Interview

I was applying as a new grad nurse on a unit where I worked as a tech during nursing school. So interview was with a manager who already knew me

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself giving back to this unit in 2 years?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an in person interview with two principle investigators and a division manager. They asked questions about my background in the field and my future aspirations.

Interview Questions

• What are you long term goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Received a call and voicemail asking me to call back to schedule an in person meeting. Called back and we agreed on a time and I was given instructions on where to go. Interview went well, was asked by research study head about my experiences on my resume and why I am interested in the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was called and notified I was given the position after the PI had contacted my references. I was told the salary (wasn't negotiable) and the start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I first applied online, and then I got an email about a phone call with one of the senior coordinators, then later got another email about scheduling an interview with them in Boston.