Massachusetts General Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Patient Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

Easy going and very general. Met with the HR person first. Then the boss/ head nurse. Everyone described their roles and experiences on the floor. This was followed by them asking me about my experiences. The boss also showed me around the floor.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain your experience in healthcare
      Q: How many years of experience do you have   1 Answer

Interview

Very straight forward interview -- met with the nurse manager on the unit. They look to hire nursing students or long-term PCAs. We met for 20-30 minutes and discussed my experiences with patient care.

Interview Questions

• Why MGH?
      Tell me about a difficult patient situation you had to deal with?   Answer Question

Interview

1-1 with nurse manager. They will ask you questions like why do you want to work there, what can you bring to the table. They want to get to know you. Dont forget to smile and look at them when speaking.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Qualified for a telephone interview after submitting a cover letter, resume, and writing sample. Spoke in a conference-style manner with the project head and a current coordinator. Both took turns asking questions. Very open-ended.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a prior research experience.
      Why our lab?   1 Answer

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

interview process was quick and easy, depending on the position they have you interview with the doctor you may be working for. Everyone is very friendly. Don't be intimidated

Interview Questions

• Do you have hospital experience   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

First I interviewed via phone with HR. Following that, I received an email from the manager on the unit I applied for which stated different times to set up an interview. Interviewed with the manager and then toured the unit. Within 1 week, I heard back from HR stating that I got the job which is when I decided to move forward with the offer. From the sending in my application to starting the job took about 1 month.

Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

4 interviews that lasted at least 2 hours each. I interviewed on the phone and through Skype. I also interviewed with the direct manager, and human resources. I suggest you plan your day around the day of the interview since it took so long.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process takes a little while, so be patient. I had an employee refer me for this position. There is an initial phone interview with human resources. Then an interview with the practice manager, then asked back to meet with the department head. The interview was quite typical. I went through my resume and talked about future goals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit at MGH?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Can you work independently and as a part of team?   Answer Question

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with Human Resources then about a week and half later a call for a physical interview. After the physical interview with 5 people they called two weeks later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, and did a phone interview within a week. HR person was very kind, and asked me questions regarding my background, but mostly asked me why I wanted the position. What my best traits were and what qualities/traits/skills I learned in my previous position. They offered me the position a week later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all easy. Be prepared to provide scenarios during in-person interview, but overall it was a very great experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was beyond low compared to what similar positions in other hospitals in the city were offering. I did negotiate and was bumped up to .20 more an hour. My advice is always ask if salary is negotiable, but make sure you research before negotiating. As prestigious this hospital is, the pay-scale for all positions and departments is laughable, and inexcusable.