Massachusetts General Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Massachusetts General Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Received a call and voicemail asking me to call back to schedule an in person meeting. Called back and we agreed on a time and I was given instructions on where to go. Interview went well, was asked by research study head about my experiences on my resume and why I am interested in the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was called and notified I was given the position after the PI had contacted my references. I was told the salary (wasn't negotiable) and the start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a short phone interview and was asked to come into the office. The first interviewer I spoke with was very friendly and asked me a few basic interview questions, and gave me a detailed job description. Then I spoke to the associate program director and she immediately asked me to describe everything that the previous interviewer told me about the job. I did not get the position—my tip would be to take short notes during the interview, which I did not. Both interviewers wanted to know my weaknesses, and this question seemed very important to them.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had brief interview with the HR recruiter, which went very smoothly. Few minutes later, I received a call from the hiring manager, requesting in person meeting. Everyone in the office was professional, and respectful. The meeting took about 45min, it was mainly a discussion format. I learned lot about the organization, and they lean a lot about me.

Interview Questions

• - Do you have any questions about the job description?
      - What is your day like at your current job?
      - Why are you leaving?
      - Who do you report to at your current job?
      - How do you learn?
      - What is your time-frame?
      Answer Question

Radiochemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got an email a few days later. It was about a 2h long in person interview. The interviewer was rather aggressive and tried to establish that the position was going to be extremely stressful (unless you have survived war, you don't know what stress is).

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you (looking for an answer that could not be found on the resume)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted application on MGH career site, received request for phone interview a few days later, a few days after phone interview, was contacted and asked to come to Boston for an in person interview with the team. Met with four different individuals who were all part of the team over 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you have made in your professional life?   Answer Question

Staff Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was very long but you got to meet with a lot of people to get their insight as to how it is to work here. The same questions asked by multiple people was very repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work here?   1 Answer

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

The PI e-mailed me to meet him at his office. It was a smooth interview with lots of questions about my experience and analytical skills at the lab. He went through my CV and asked what I contributed to some of my major publications. He gave me a tour of the lab and introduced to some of his lab members.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my research experience and my collaboration with my coworkers.   1 Answer

Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

4 interviews that lasted at least 2 hours each. I interviewed on the phone and through Skype. I also interviewed with the direct manager, and human resources. I suggest you plan your day around the day of the interview since it took so long.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Must have open availability, rotating shift is the norm. Remember to dress professionally, show respect, and have a positive outlook. Obviously, it is like most interview processes with the employer trying to get to know you as a potential employee. So be prepared to answer questions about yourself and your future plans.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted a cover letter and resume on hr website, contacted by project director by email, spoke with director over the phone and came in to the office to interview twice