Mastech Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.8

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastech Digital (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Received several phone calls explaining approximate duties of the position. Recruiter actually told me that someone resigned because they opted instead to care for their children with a better paying position with more benefits. They asked about my if I had any interviews with any other companies. I obviously didn’t disclose. They went on to aggressively request that I respond to a right to represent document, after I expressed that it would take me about an hour or so to reply they bombarded me with phone calls from the original and several private numbers when I declined to answer no more than 10 minutes later.

I ended up sending an email declining to work further with them and got a response email saying that “I should have said that earlier instead of wasting both of our time.” And she brought up that I told her that I wasn’t interviewing with anyone else and now I suddenly want to back out.

Overall very, very unprofessional. Don’t even bother it’s likely a information mining scam

Contractor Interview

Interview

I experienced a high level of unprofessionalism from the account manager who reached out to me about a contract opportunity. She tried pumping me for information about how she could place her contractors at my current place of employment. This had nothing to do with the position I was applying for elsewhere. She also showed a lack of discretion about contacting my current employer, which I feared she would do because she had contacts there, and didn't seem to understand the need to keep my job search confidential. I would be hesitant to work with this company again.

Interview Questions

• Who is in charge of placing contractors at your current company?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mastech Digital.

Interview

Client has been called and interview about .NET web services and few javascript questions. Also asked about how to host .NET application and few questions in IIS. Later recruiter has informed that client is okay with you and discussed about salary. Everything has been completed in span of 10 days and recruitment is very fast.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mastech Digital.

Interview

The Senior Corporate Recruiter reached out to me and asked when I would be available to have a phone conversation. A time if 3:30pm the following day was scheduled. At 3:10pm on the day of the phone call, I received an email from the same individual telling me he would like to cancel our call due to their "Predictive Index" coming back stating I wouldn't be a good match or enjoy the position.

So, when did companies start using a list of adjectives to make employment decisions (which is what the questionnaire consisted of, from which you selected the ones that described yourself)? And why did THEY get to decide what jobs I enjoy? Also, what was it about the descriptive words of "ambitious" and "go-getter" that deterred them from simply having a phone conversation with me?

Mastech, next time you unprofessionally blow off a interviewee, please give more than 20 minutes notice. This ruined my day.

Interview Questions

• What time are you available to talk on the phone?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastech Digital.

Interview

WORST experience I've ever had with a staffing company!!! They bombard me with phone calls daily, even though I've asked them multiple times to remove me from their call list. They're dishonest, unorganized, and offer pay rates way lower than any other agency I've worked with. I've spoken to three different recruiters, all of them were incredibly rude and frankly impossible to understand. I regret ever giving them my information.

Interview Questions

• They asked for my social security number within the first 5 minutes of my first phone screening.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mastech Digital (Frankfort, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

Share my resume through one of my friend, got call from HR after a week who scheduled telephonic interview, once telephonic interview was cleared got call for face to face interview in a week

Residential Security Installation and Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mastech Digital (Columbia, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

This process was very poor,the interviewer was to busy doing other things,he keep his mind on other things during the interview, he was not organized,The interviewer jump from random subject to random subject. He wasn't even expecting me and I drove 65 miles+ for the meeting.He change to location for the area of work from what was advertised in the ad

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a customer if she answer the door in bra and panties and told you too come in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What would you do if you where with another tech and there was a 100$ on the table and the other tech stole it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   1 Answer

Interrogation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mastech Digital (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a guy from other side of the planet with some Skype Number, went through every project on Resume, till then it was nice, once we started discussing about Relocation, he started asking my family kids, how many cars, etc..I was little uncomfortable, but answered patiently, Later he started asking how I got my Immigration, then I declined to answer and I declined the Job offer and said not interested to work with them. Then interview went south :) But he didn't stopped, continued with silly questions, till I quit.

Maintain professionalism, concentrate questions on whether applicant can do the Job. Ask more on technical stuff, NOT what my grand ma's middle name is.

Interview Questions

• How did you get your immigration status   1 Answer

Satellite TV Installer/Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mastech Digital (Columbia, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

First there was an extensive online assessment quiz, then there was a phone interview, then a 1 on 1 in person. The online quiz was mostly of the nature of what would you do in a particular scenario. Most of the answers seemed to be somewhat appropriate responses to the situation. I'm not sure exactly what they were testing - how well you work together as a team or how self reliant you are. I chose to go with "Can work with little to no direct supervision" type answers. A lot of the questions were about whether I thought I could handle the working conditions (tall ladders and on roofs attics and crawl spaces in extreme temperatures).

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working in tight spaces such as attics and crawl spaces under extreme temperature conditions?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastech Digital in March 2015.

Interview

The oddest and most negative experience I have ever had.

Recruiter had a very “Stalinist” approach. I felt I was being interrogated by a KGB agent. The only elements missing was the subzero windowless room & the interrogation lamp. Recruiter was unprepared, disorganized, Rude, Aggressive with a relentless "In Your Face" demeanor (i.e. demonstrated confrontational behavior the entire time). Lacked professional courtesy and showed no cross culture communications skills what so ever. Incapable of processing any response that required more than minimal effort. Operated on a rudimentary "Red Peg, Red Hole" mentality.

My take-away & impression from this experience was that working at this company would equate to a boiler room/sweat shop environment that operates on a lowest bidder mentality at the cost of it's front line employees. Nothing good could have come of it; the entire process was a waste of time. Will avoid applying to any opening listed by them. I like to believe that this incident was the exception to the case but my instinct tells me it’s the norm and that recruiter was simply following company protocols. IMHO I suspect that management abides to a strictly profit driven mentality with a high employee burnout rate.

Advice to Management: Take this review seriously & as unbiased critique. Suggest conducting internal review/assessment on how this recruiter treats/screen YOUR applicants...

Interview Questions

• Items that where readily listed on your CV if he had actually done his job.   Answer Question