Mattress Warehouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mattress Warehouse

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Warehouse (Winchester, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Attended Job fair. Met with District Manager. Recruiter contacted DM. DM remembered me from my previous employer, Sleepys. Had a great interview with DM. Offered opportunity in about a week after background check was complete. DM reviewed company outlook, company culture, salary and detriments of the career.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Warehouse (Falls Church, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

30 min simple interview with District Manager asking questions about why you wish to join Mattress Warehouse, and general sales questions. Submit your application as picked up or filled out on line to store personnel, and you will be met at that store for an interview usually by the DM. Filling out paperwork takes about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to dirve, and have a license? Are you available to move from one store to another without issue? Will you follow the dress code for employees? Are you willing to go to a one week training class out of town in Frederick Maryland?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Terms were dictated to the prospective employee, not negotiated.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mattress Warehouse.

Interview

Was called by a recruiter for Mattress Warehouse. Interview was at one of the main stores.

Interview Questions

• No difficult. Very straight forward questions. "Why do you want to work for Mattress Warehouse..."   Answer Question

Was not comfortable with the commission structure.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mattress Warehouse (College Park, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Short interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle returns dealing with our company policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

too long for the call back

Sales/Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Warehouse (Salisbury, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

first off mattress warehouse out of Frederick Maryland does not post jobs in a news paper. They use craigs list . should of known from that there not reputable. So I e-mailed their recruiter and was instantly called back and was scheduled to meet the district manager 3 days later . However the location was 3.5 hrs from my home. I drove to the interview only to find out the district manager was going to be 4 hrs late . No call no nothing from mattress warehouse. Instead of interviewing with district manager I was interviewd by a sales associate who had not been with company long at all. I was told from the sales associate that I had been selected too go to the next level Yea me !!! So 12 days later I send the recruiter a e-mail stating it's been 12 days what is taking so long. He said they were not interested in me sorry !! I have 4 yrs in the mattress business make over 50k yr . I'm glad I did not change since I read their customer reviews and it sounds like they don't have their act togather

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions I knew way more then the interviewer.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mattress Warehouse (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

They basically look at you to make sure you're alive and if you are breathing then you have the job. They called me to make sure I could speak english and then asked about working long hours but never specified SIXTY HOURS a week.

Anonymous Employee in Danville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mattress Warehouse (Danville, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy.

Anonymous Employee in Maysville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattress Warehouse (Maysville, KY) in December 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by the current sales manager and the Regional Manager. It was a very quick interview but a bit of a lengthy hiring process. I think it took about 2 weeks for the background check and drug screen to be completed.

Interview Questions

• What is your initial impression of our company and products?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at the time of the interview and I would not advise this. As a commission based position, you create your own income. If you are concidering a position with this company or any other sales position, sell yourself. If you can't do that, you won't be able to sell the product.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattress Warehouse in September 2011.

Interview

I initially replied to a post of Craigslist advertising Sales and Sales Management openings in my area. I submitted my resume, and received a call from the corporate office. They gave me the phone number for the district manager, and asked me to schedule an interview for the position. I scheduled and attended the interview, filled out the forms for the background check, ect. Though I was told it was not normally done, and that people usually needed to wait for a call-back, I was offered a job on the spot based on my qualifications. I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The training period and salary. Be as honest as possible about your expectations, anything that might affect your training period, ect.