McGill University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGill University Interview Questions

Interviews at McGill University

2.4

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Presentation of your recent research paper, the professors asked the theory of the paper, the contribution, and the results of it. The paper contributed itself to the finance world, using big datasets and quantitative analyst.

Interview Questions

• What's the data source and how do you manage your data?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGill University (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

phone interview about background and experience. Specifically asked about past finished projects shown on resume. Then asked about the experimental skills they preferred candidate to have, which I don't unfortunately. The interview was comfortable, but I am not a perfect matching for their position.

Lab Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McGill University.

Interview

It went really well. There were two people interviewing me: one professor responsible for scientific and technical questions, the other from HR. The questions from HR were easy and standard. The questions from the professor were thought provoking questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this lab? What did you learn from your Ph.D? What is your weakness and strength?   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

the interview involved a group presentation of my previous work and 1-to-1 chat with senior lab members and staffs. and another 30-minute talk with the principal investigator. The group member was nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why you would like to work in the lab?   1 Answer

Special Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

contact by email and then set up a meeting. talked with the administrator who was responsible for all these. Simply talked to the administrator and the assistant administrator and asked questions in English and French, availiability all that, very easy and done.

Interview Questions

• why do you think this job is good for you   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

A one on one round with 3 managers. Lots of behavioral, focus on showing you researched other interns and why they were good at what they did. Show good teamwork/autonomy. The managers were very nice, and pressed me on some of my experiences. If you do well, you will be able to stay on full time.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McGill University.

Interview

I've applied do over 150 administrative position at McGill and have landed 5 interviews where i was called back for a second interview for each. At the end of the day no matter how amazing your qualifications, they always choose the internal candidate. All five interviews included 3 interviewers and never ending situational questions.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downtown (British Indian Ocean Territory)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGill University (Downtown (British Indian Ocean Territory)) in November 2012.

Interview

, very informalApplied online and received a interview 4 days later. Interview was average

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, it was a contract union position

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University.

Interview

Received a call from HR a couple of weeks after submitting an application online. Went in for an interview a week later, and had an offer that same day. Overall, was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience dealing with disgruntled clients?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGill University.

Interview

HR made a short phone interview and then they invited me to a second interview with hiring manager and hr. They were very nice and comforting. HR asked regular behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• what will be the biggest difficulty in this position for you   Answer Question
    • they gave me the computer and asked me to write a short coding which is related with the position.   Answer Question