KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

McGraw Hill Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 239 of over 239 interviews

Employee Referral14%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

McGraw Hill

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill

Interview

Had 2 virtual interviews and then had a final round interview after having to do a “campus project” which consumed many hours of my time. I was ghosted by each and every person in the final interview panel, despite being told there was only three candidates left. I emailed each person twice and was still ghosted.

3 people found this interview helpful

McGraw Hill

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGraw Hill in Jul 2022

Interview

I has a phone interview with a technical recruiter. They were looking to hear more about my experience and tell me about the job. The interview lasted about 25 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • How would people that you have trained before describe you?
    Answer Question

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,930

973 Comments

Join the conversation on

McGraw Hill

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill in Jun 2022

Interview

Described my interview process below: 3 Rounds of interview including HR discussion. 1st round was technical w.r.t the technology and work profile. 2nd round was management and project discussion related. 3rd and last round was with HR regarding salary discussion.

Interview Questions
  • Question were totally based on my work profile, day to day activity and my technology.

McGraw Hill

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill

Interview

Got scheduled for an interview. Shortly into the interview the hiring person is like "oh you don't have xyz, we're looking for someone who has that sorry". 1. The lengthy job description NEVER said anything about that. 2. Did they not look at my resume? Was this hiring manager just trying to meet a quota? I'm glad she cut it short, but it was still discouraging and a waste of my time. I'm not sure what I could've done to make her dislike me in the first 30 seconds (aside from maybe my SMALL resume gap? that's why I'm looking for a job!). Or maybe they really are just careless and just funnel in people to "interview" to go through the motions. Either way it was annoying and doesn't reflect well on the company.

Interview Questions
  • What have you been up to for the past months? What is your background?

McGraw Hill

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the recruiter during which I went through my resume. I then had an interview with the person who would be my manager who asked about my work experiences and technical expertise in more detail. Following that, I interviewed with two members of the team. Finally, I had a conversation with the VP of Learning Science. Overall, I was very pleased with the process because it was very efficient (about a month from initial contact to accepting the offer), and the recruiter was very accommodating and prompt.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your process for conducting research. Which software are you most familiar with? Describe a time when you failed.

McGraw Hill

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill

Interview

There was a short interview with the recruiter, followed by a longer interview with the hiring manager. Part of the process included completing a performance task. After meeting with the hiring manager, did not receive a status update until several weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • General questions about how you would deal with specific situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballwin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Ballwin, MO) in Mar 2022

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter who implied my background was ideal for the position. Had a Zoom interview with 3 team members that was an hour long and included an impromptu request that I read over a business case and then build a lean project plan within 15 minutes and then present it. Considering the case took at least 5 minutes to fully get through I felt that 10 minutes was not enough time to really digest and think about it and formulate a solid presentation. I understand the idea is just a rough look but still felt like the surprise element and limited time doesn't lend itself to a true example of your work. I also felt that the role then described to me is more of a program manager rather than project manager.

Interview Questions
  • What from the job listing would the biggest adjustment for you?
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Houston, TX)

Interview

Fast and easy. The process included a couple of rounds of interviews but overall was not painful in the least. The HR team was friendly and communicative. The company itself wasn't the best, but the interview process wasn't difficult.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (New Delhi) in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview process was easy- they were very kind and friendly! I did not get the job because I could not start as soon as they needed, but when they emailed me back they encouraged me to apply for a higher level position. It is clear they care about their employees growth and they are kind people!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Columbus, OH)

Interview

I was contacted about setting up an interview and gave them my availability. The interviews were conducted virtually. There were two interviews in total and both lasted an hour each.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 239 Interviews

McGraw Hill Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at McGraw Hill as 59.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.81 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Representative and Learning Technology Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at McGraw Hill takes an average of 29 days when considering 222 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Project Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 27 days), whereas Sales roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 54 days).

Common stages of the interview process at McGraw Hill according to 222 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.74%