McGraw Hill Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 220 of over 220 interviews

Employee Referral15%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

McGraw Hill

Application

I interviewed at McGraw Hill

Interview

Informal, very much focused on educational background and book interests. Relaxed, with a very long lag time between steps. After interviewing, I never heard back from the recruiter with any decision or feedback.

Interview Questions
  • What do you read in your spare time?
    Answer Question

McGraw Hill

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at McGraw Hill

Interview

Very long, tedious process. 4-5 phone interviews ranging from recruiter to VP. An in-person interview with a Learning Specialist, District Manager, and Regional VP. Plus, you will need to complete 2 projects- a data analysis project and a sales demo project.

Interview Questions
  • Had to prepare a 5 minute sales pitch for the in-person interview

McGraw Hill

Application

I interviewed at McGraw Hill

Interview

The HR called and asked a bunch of questions. Those were very theoretical. There was no communication on what the interview style would be. I got the interview thru a head hunter.

Interview Questions
  • How confident are you in OOPs ? How do you define a Class and Inheritance ? 1 or 2 SQL queries ? Define Logit functions
  • How confident are you in OOPs ?

McGraw Hill

Application

I interviewed at McGraw Hill

Interview

The process is 1 hour. Majorly focused on technical questions. I didn't get a chance to introduce myself which makes me feel uncomfortable. And the interviewer made me feel that he just wanted to complete all the questions on the list, even though it was understandable.

Interview Questions
  • What are some marketing measurement metrics?

McGraw Hill

Application

I interviewed at McGraw Hill

Interview

I was contacted by a contracting agency if I was interested in the position. A couple weeks later I get an initial interview with one of the managers in McGraw-Hill. After that I got the technical interview with all 5 of the managers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Orlando, FL) in Jun 2021

Interview

Started with a next day Zoom call immediately following my application being submitted. I first spoke with the DM, then someone currently in the role. After that, I had a second interview with the DM, and a third in person with the DM and RM. After that, there would have been two more interviews, so 5 total. I had to complete an unpaid project, which is essentially market research and data analytics. This was broken into two parts, first part being due before I was asked to interview in person, second part due prior to interview. This project took me between 10-15 hours, though I really wanted this job so I went very in-depth. Project feedback was extremely positive, they were very impressed with my attention to detail, higher education and sales experience, etc. After my in person interview, I was ghosted for 2 weeks, which is when I reached out for feedback. They had simply “forgotten” to get back to me, but essentially I was not selected for the role. My feedback was that I was ‘early on in my career’ (4 years higher Ed sales and 2 years tech sales, with the application asking for 1 year of either) and that was that. There was quite a bit of coded language regarding my age, which ultimately is what I think cost me the job. All in all, I easily invested 20+ hours of time into this process for nothing. Another review said that it seems like they use this process for free market research, which I’m starting to believe is true.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Chicago, IL) in May 2021

Interview

They asked a bunch of react questions, no go questions. I hope they find the react people they are looking for. There were some server side react questions i didn't know.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at McGraw Hill (New York, NY)

Interview

Seamless and well organized interview process. Be prepared to interview with a minimum of eight people including additional subsequent rounds as you progress to each new round. Communication to advance in the process could have been better.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McGraw Hill

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill in Apr 2021

Interview

There are three turn interviews. All of them are through the video chat. In the third interview, a console with shared screen is opened to let me type the code.

Interview Questions
  • The first turn includes the general behavior questions and about 30 selection questions about the basic math, statistics and some concept of the tools used in data science, The second turn is about the machine learning and data mining. The specific questions depends on the mentioned model on your resume. I got the questions about SVM and neural network. The third turn is about the coding, including SQL, Python and algorithm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (New York, NY) in Mar 2021

Interview

I had an initial phone screen/interview, discussed the position with another member of the team. Then was given 2 projects to work on (calling the bookstores and professors to learn more about the position and analyzing data). The next step was to provide a sample presentation and another 2 interviews with leaders on the management team.

Interview Questions
  • 1. what makes a good sales person? 2. What is a challenge or thing I need to keep in mind with outside sales? 3. What is my sales experience and how was my performance?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 220 Interviews