McKinley, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinley, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinley, Inc.

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

It was very simple-they are so desperate for people the interview is nothing. Nothing to difficult to answer. A customer Service novice could have answered the questions. It was a very non-threatening experience. I had the feeling I was hired after the first interview.

Interview Questions

• I had to write the meaning of Customer Service-probably because they didn't know. Customer service was very important, but customer service is an action, and not a statement. Mckinley-it is just a nice "buzz" phrase.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

First, I had to respond to three questions in writing via email. Second, I had a phone interview. Third, I had to shop a property and give a creative, detailed shopping report. Lastly, I had a Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure that all traffic was being followed-up on?

Explain a time you have dealt with an angry resident?

Why McKinley?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Orlando, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

Let me begin to tell you what a joke this company is!! Candice and Jennifer start out by asking multiple questions, and they eagerly want to hear back from you with an answer. However they never respond, it almost seems as if they just want to waste candidates time. I come with many years of experience and proven track record and this company insults you with the way that they treat you during the interview process.

What's funny is that they can't keep managers longer than 1 year, there is always job posting coming up every other month. What this tells me is that the problem lies with the company and the way that they value their employees.

I consider McKinley out of desperation, but after seeing how their recruiters behave and the type of questions that they ask; I would put myself in such position.

After talking with several people in the industry about my experience, they felt that having McKinley on your resume would be like having a stain on shirt.. Moving on...

Interview Questions

• A big storm just passed through the area and your normally sparkling swimming pool is now a murky mess. What are the steps you would you take restore the pool to its former glory? How would you communicate with your residents? Attach a copy of your notice to residents.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in November 2014.

Interview

Very organized in terms of steps - Apply - then asked to respond to three questions - then phone interview - then told by which date you would hear back (one way or the other).

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc..

Interview

I went through the phone interview process, then on to the shopping the community. After I completed that I was told that a regional director would contact me. I received a form letter saying they found someone better qualified, its still listed as open.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Columbia, SC) in January 2011.

Interview

2 in person interviews with different supervisors and a phone interview with senior management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for less than the budgeted salary for the position and they offered me the budgeted amount. Spoke volumes!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Very easy. If they like you they will hire you quickly. Everything tends to be decided in one interview.

Negotiation

Pretty simple. They give you an offer as take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Montgomery, AL) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied and about 2 weeks later I got an email from the hiring manager. She was a regional preoperty manager overseeing the sites in my area. I was asked if I was still interested in the position and I replied yes. The got a reply to that asking for interview times and dates. The interview took place 2 days later on a site that was not the one I was applying for. They were planning to terminate a manager at the site the acutal position was on. I arrived and had the interview. I thought it went very well. Lasted 1.5 hours was very informative and detailed. I was given a formal application to fill out and email back to her along with a reference sheet I had typed up for job interviews. The day after the interviewI got an email from the interviewer stating they had selected another candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about the most difficult situation I had encountered as a property manager. And needless to say since I have many many years as a property manager and experiencing many difficult situations I told the last difficult situation I could remember.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

I interviewed in December '12 for a Community Manager opportunity in Alpharetta,.Ga, it was a great interview, but unfortunately, I didn't get the job. But was told via email to please continue to check the company's website, for future positions. I did as often as every other week. I'm pleased to announce with that persistence, it has paid off. I have completed all of my paperwork for a Community Manager's position in the Atlanta market. I'm very grateful for the opportunity with this longevity company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc..

Interview

My interview with McKinely was professional and not stressful, and It last for 30 minutes. They let me know after about 2/1/2 weeks that I did not get the position via email. It was a decent interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was, tell me one of the most difficutl decisions you had to make as a manager.   Answer Question