McKinley, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinley, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.6

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in August 2017.

Interview

Waste of time if your not Spanish they only want bilingual people but don't state so in their description you waste your time applying and on a phone interview for them to decline you for not speaking Spanish

Affordable Housing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Taylor, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by an in-person interview at the office where I would be working. Offer letter was presented to me at the end of the interview. It felt really positive.

Interview Questions

• How I handle conflict in the workplace.   1 Answer

Residential Leasing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

1st step: Phone interview with Human Resources - General information, bringing resume to life, talking about sales and customer service experience in general.
    2nd step: In person interview with hiring manager in corporate office - More specific sales scenarios, recalling customer service successes and mistakes, describing yourself as an employee.

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Writing assessment, phone interview, in person interview, drug test before finally receiving an offer letter. Not personable at all. Pretty rigorous for an entry level position. I would have been disappointed after putting in so much effort to not get the job. I also don't think the writing and phone portion could really distinguish qualified candidates to do these things.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

It was very simple-they are so desperate for people the interview is nothing. Nothing to difficult to answer. A customer Service novice could have answered the questions. It was a very non-threatening experience. I had the feeling I was hired after the first interview.

Interview Questions

• I had to write the meaning of Customer Service-probably because they didn't know. Customer service was very important, but customer service is an action, and not a statement. Mckinley-it is just a nice "buzz" phrase.   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

they called me in for a interview after I applied on craigist. offered the job that day and told me I had to cover my tattoos but I never did lol and they you take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• I got asked if had experience with tools then they asked when I could start. that it lol   1 Answer

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

I made it through the phone interview, which was fine. The HR professional I spoke with was very robotic and I felt as though all she was interested in was cookie cutter details and answers. I'm most certainly over qualified for the position, but wanted to explore the opportunity as I'm relocating.

I brought up the concerns I have with the reviews I see on this website. This took the HR person for a loop as she kept cutting me off while I was asking more questions because she probably gets ripped on for it all the time. I guess they don't like not having the best reputation. Perhaps this isn't a good company to work for then?

I'm 99% sure my concerns were why I wasn't asked to interview in person. I'm taking it as a dodged bullet.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was professional; however, do not discount the reviews. It is clear the company uses the interview process as a tool for free secret shops. Despite anything that was stated through out the interview process, it is also evident the company has very specific attributes they are looking for that they never make apparent. They state they are primarily looking for someone well versed in customer service and operational management, if this were the case, I see no reason some are considered "unqualified". Having done research through LinkedIn, other employees reported prior negative reviews are accurate.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the worst "best practice" in business today and why? When have you failed and what did you learn from it? Where do you need to learn, grow, and develop?   Answer Question

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

All hiring managers that I spoke with were professional and looking for ways to connect with you and get to know you, they were hard to read, but upfront at the end of the interview if they were moving you along in the process or not.

Interview Questions

• When you had a conflict with someone above you previously, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I responded to a craigslist add. the process took 2 and a half weeks. I had 4 interviews and was turned down at the end for "not enough experience." This is frustrating because why did they put me through 4 interviews...