Meraki Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2018

3.1

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

While I didn’t receive an offer, I was very impressed with the interview process at Cisco Meraki. It started with a phone interview with a recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager, followed with two onsite interviews (one of which included a 45 minute presentation). Everyone was welcoming and the recruiting team was superb. I got a call (not an email) telling me I wouldn’t be moving forward. It was really nice to actually feel appreciated and I have nothing but great things to say about the company.

Interview Questions

• Please draw for me the technical architecture of a product you’ve owned in your career.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

First portion is a phone interview, second a whiteboard web cam testing your level of knowledge on basic LAN and Routing topics (IP, ARP, DHCP, DNS, STP). Third is a written pretty straight forward writing a reply email to a customer. Last is another whiteboard on troubleshooting same LAN & Routing Topics.

Interview Questions

• What problems do you see with the LAN, Routing, and how does the various protocols work?   Answer Question

Strategy Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meraki.

Interview

I am very unhappy with Meraki and its conduct during the interview process. Even getting the interview scheduled was a pain. I had to send quite a few follow up emails. First. I had a recruiter screening. The recruiter never called and only emailed me the next day to say he needed to reschedule.
    Finally we had the screening and then a call with the hiring manager. Then the onsite, in which they read a number of canned case and behavioral questions right off their laptops. The role wasn't very clearly delineated and the hiring manager contradicted a bit of what she said about the content of the role in our initial phone interview during the onsite. It seems like this isn't a strategy or corporate strategy role, rather it seems like a reporting/metrics tracking type role. They could only give me one substantive example of a potential project, and it seemed more rooted in process improvement then pure strategy.

During my break at the onsite, the recruiters proceeded to leave the room, and then come back saying they were going to sit with me. I don't quite understand what their rationale was for leaving and then returning, but our conversation was pleasant enough- conjecture is maybe it's one means through which they observe a candidate. About a week and a half later the recruiter called with some truly insulting feedback. I'm shocked by the level of unprofessionalism. I was told I have subpar critical thinking skills which is ridiculous. Then I was told they were concerned about my approach to collaboration which didn't make any sense. We didn't even touch upon collaboration and I was very friendly to all my interviewers as one should be during any interview process, so that conclusion came out of nowhere. The recruiter then had the gall to say that if I was interested in applying to other positions at Meraki he could fast track my application. I definitely won't be doing so. Actual Cisco is probably a better company to deal with. Meraki may need to evaluate how they give out "feedback." There is big difference between constructive criticism and insulting attacks.

Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The outside recruiting agency was great to work with, they were a third party, however my overall experience doing the in person interview was terrible. The interview started late, ended early, at one point the interviewer found my degree to be funny because it was from a different field. Another interviewer took 2 phone calls and was on her lap top the entire time. Everything was rushed and seemed like I was wasting their time. If the did not think I was a good fit from the beginning then why waste my time and bring me in? The way I was rushed and made felt like I was wasting their time was a terrible experience. Was disappointed for such an organization with great reviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

second round technical interview for the Full Stack web development software engineer, ask about the IP questions which is the same as other interviews experience in glassdoor. However, I did not pass the interview, the HR said the feedback is keep coding and do more interesting projects in the later

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meraki.

Interview

The interviewer spent quite a long time to introduce the company. Then, he gave me one simple coding question to answer. However, I think he was doing some other stuff when I was writing my solution. I answered the solution for this coding question and thought the interview went well but turned out I got rejected in the end.

Interview Questions

• Get the most frequent words from a given string   1 Answer

Product Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meraki.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the Meraki recruiting team, then a call with hiring manager. Hiring manager mentioned I that I may not have enough experience so I didn't advance pass that stage - he came across a bit standoff-ish to me through the phone as it seemed like he was blowing me off mid-way through like I was wasting his time.

Overall: Very pleasant experience with Meraki's recruiters. They kept me engaged in the process and were responsive, which is not something you see everywhere. I do appreciate their professionalism.

However, it seems like for Product positions the hiring managers are very strict on what they want.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Asked to solve a simple programming exercise that counts the frequency of words in a sentence. Then I was asked to analyze the runtime of my code. We finished off by talking about what the next steps of the recruiting process would be.

Interview Questions

• Write program that finds the most frequent word in a sentence   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the engineers. It was a terrible experience. His line kept going off, and I coudn't hear him half the time. The interview started with the interviewer very briefly explaining the company, and then we directly proceeded to the algo question without any questions about my resume (since they were "short on time"). The question was immensely unclear and quite hard, and was just thrown to me. Moreover, the bad line on his side did not help. I tried clearing up the question with the interviewer, but that did not help as he did not really clear it up, rather made it more confusing. Also, his low level of enthusiasm did not give me a good impression about the company.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of routers, where each router is represented as an array of pairs (timestamp, state), write a program to display the "state" of the system of routers, where the state had some convoluted definition.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meraki in October 2017.

Interview

After speaking at my school career fair I had a phone interview, where I coded on coderpad. They asked me to implement two simple functions and I had to analyze the runtimes. We also spoke about why Meraki is different from other companies, and the different positions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to find the most frequently occurring word in a string.
      Write a function to find the most frequently occurring phrase in a passage.   Answer Question