KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Meraki Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 481 of over 481 interviews

Recruiter24%
Employee Referral17%
HardAverageEasy

Meraki

Application

I interviewed at Meraki

Interview

Applied online and met with their hiring manager. They asked the basic questions then asked what I do to promote diversity and inclusion. I knew right then the interview was over. No surprise they didn't even ask for a technical interview. The reason the job posting has been up for so long is you must fit "diverse hiring"

Interview Questions
  • What do you do to promote diversity in the workplace
    Answer Question

Meraki

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Meraki

Interview

I was recruited out of college by an software engineer shortly after graduation. The interview process lasted 2 months, with 6 interviews total. 1. The first interview is the most nerve racking. They will first go over your resume, and this is your chance to sell yourself. Do not be overconfident, but this initial part dictates how the rest goes. Talk about personal achievements, projects, and experience from internships/relevant past jobs. Keep it short but punchy. They will ask questions relating to networking protocols, their usages and workings. I was asked about DHCP and STP. Be ready to explain concepts such as CAM Tables, what MAC addresses are, and how IP addresses are used to route information to other computers. Know OSI layers 2 and 3 well. Know concepts, applications, and how/why they work. 2. Second interview is a technical interview consisting of a whiteboard session where you and a member of the team have a network to troubleshoot. You ask questions, he gives answers, and you tell him what to do. If you completed any networking class where you had to identify real problems, this may be easy. Scenario: A computer connected to a network cannot reach google.com, figure out why. Work from OSI LAYER 1 FIRST, then up through the levels for each device. Be ready to clearly explain your thoughts. Hints: Firewalls, DHCP, cabling issues, VLAN, IP helper, autoconfiguration addresses. 3. The third is a writing assignment. They give you a customer, his complaint and a screenshot of the problem. You aren't supposed to solve the issue, you are being judged on professionalism, communication, and compassion towards the customer. Format your email in a way that a big company would, where you tackle the following sections professionally: a. we understand your situation and want to help b. here's where you ask for more data based on what you see in the error c. it looks like this could be the problem, here's what we think you could do d. here are things you can do immediately e. professional conclusion They want to see how well you can write. The email should be substantial, consisting of about one page type 12 font 1.15 spacing (this is not mandatory). Act like you are actually formatting an email. Do not email your results back. Read the email they send with the prompt thoroughly, and submit within an hour. There is a submission portal where you upload the file. Append the email to the origin document with the problem statement instead of submitting a document standalone. You have one hour. 4. Interview 4, 5 and 6 all happened on the same day one after another. This is a technical section where it is similar to the second, but there is more wrong. Hint: Rogue DHCP, VLANs, STP(!), cabling, DC configuration, backup DHCP. WORK FROM LAYER 1 ONWARD. You have an hour and are not supposed to find absolutely everything, but supposed to get super close. This is where you can really demonstrate your problem solving ability. You are judged on how you ask questions, how you communicate with your interviewer, and the amount of things you solve. 5. Behavioral. Talk about your resume, your experience, and answer their questions. Never lie, give actual experiences from anywhere applicable and stick to the STAR method. 7 questions were asked, 4 scenario based, others customer relations. think "describe a time when" or "a customer calls and says this" and "what would you do when" and finally "how would you handle this scenario". Ask quality questions at the end and engage the interviewer. 6. Different person, same style as 5. Different questions from 5. Recruiters and team members alike look for good communication, teamwork, and critical thinking skills. They want to know that you aren't ONLY good at technical things. You need to show: 1. you can work on a team, 2. your interest in the company, 3. the ability to handle yourself in customer engagement, 4. and the ability to keep cool, balanced and calm in tough situations. The role is based on customer support, where you will be talking with customers via phone and email, so you should have a good voice, that when people hear, they feel at ease. You should be able to ask questions to customers in ways that evoke answers rather than frustration. Be a communicator, team player, and optimist. You are the face of the company for when things go wrong, and they want to see that you understand that. This is a ladder style interview. If you do not make it in one, they will not schedule the next. You must pass all to be considered for the job, so if you complete all steps well, you'll very likely get the job. Interviewers will express how well you are doing with nonverbal communications, and sometimes with small verbal hints at the end of questions. Hear notes being taken? That means you are doing fine. This interview process takes time but is incredibly fair and judges based on your actual skills. Showing good skills is what they look for.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the DHCP process and why it is used
  • What is STP and why is it used?
  • What is a CAM table and on what OSI layer does it operate in regards to?
  • Name a time you got into a struggle with a colleague/coworker and describe how you remedied the issue
  • A customer is angry, and wants to immediately speak to the manager. How do you handle this?
4 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Meraki

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Meraki

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki

Interview

I applied on their website for the Project Manager role in the Product Enablement department. There was a phone screen with the recruiter through WebEx and she didn’t even turn on her camera because she claimed that her water heater was broken and she hasn’t showered…weird. Then, an interview with the hiring manager who seemed nice enough but a bit scattered and seemed very sales/cult like on Meraki…like she had their “core values” memorized. After, the recruiter told me they wanted me to do a project assignment that was in 3 parts: a project proposal, a project kickoff email and a kickoff meeting slide deck. Quoted salary compensation: The recruiter said they like to bring people in at “mid-zone” which is VERY LOW for project managers, especially if you have your PMP or CSM certification or both! Zone 1 85,900 Zone 2 101,800 Zone 3 122,200 Above MRR 133,800 After I submitted the assignment, I got an email the next morning from the hiring manager confirming the submission and saying that she would reach out if she had any questions. Not 6 hours later I get one of those generic rejection emails! I emailed the hiring manager and recruiter asking for feedback and didn’t get any response from them. This whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth. I used to have a high opinion of Cisco and Meraki but this has given me a new perspective and I am not sure it is worth it to join these companies.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you failed and the outcome. Tell me about a time when you experienced a roadblock in a project and how it was resolved. Tell me about a time when you disagreed with colleagues and how you got past it.

Meraki

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. 4 -5 rounds with a short project. The internal recruiters are pretty bad. Super unresponsive with a pretty bad lack of following up. As a first impression this is something Meraki should work on. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Meraki

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki in Jun 2022

Interview

The process in total took about 2 weeks, the recruiter who did the initial phone screen asked about other opportunities I was working on and when I shared the number of interviews I had with other companies that week she indicated she would compress the timeline for their process as much as possible to be able to make an offer first, so to speak. The entire process consisted of a 30 minute phone screen with the recruiter, a 1:1 Zoom call with the hiring manager, a project that was fairly involved and complicated/time consuming to put together. A panel interview where I presented the project and then did 1:1 calls with each member of the team. The panel interview was intended to take 4 hours but because of scheduling issues on the team's end, the 4 hours was broken up over the course of two days, a Friday and a Monday. That made the process feel far more involved and drawn out than it would have otherwise, but at the same time, a 4 hour continuous call would be a lot. The last step of the panel interview was another 1:1 with the hiring manager for 45 minutes. About a week after I completed the panel interview I received a form letter email from a no-reply email address indicating they were not going to make an offer and were focusing on candidates who have experience more directly related to the role. The only experience I do not have is directly managing a developer community but I do have many years of experience managing online communities. But while disappointing it isn't shocking that I did not get the role. I was mostly disappointed/frustrated to get a form letter email from a no-reply email address after the number of hours invested in their process to that point. I did reach out to the recruiter, however, and she was very kind and assured me the decision was difficult and that I should definitely consider applying for any role I felt relevant in the future and to let her know directly if I did apply.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Meraki

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki in Jun 2022

Interview

I networked with someone here who referred me for a job he felt would be the best fit. After speaking with him, a recruiter eventually reached out and set up a 30-minute call at a time of her choosing. Then, she didn't show up to the interview. After contacting her, she said she messed up her schedule and asked if I could wait two hours until she was free. So, I waited. I was then scheduled for a technical interview during which the interviewer was dozing off and not alert during points where I was asking questions or trying to engage her. She said that Meraki is short on interviewers so she had to do it instead of someone who would normally be awake and not in India where it was 1 or 2am. I was turned down the next day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meraki

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Meraki

Interview

Excellent process! Very communicative and I felt such a positive energy from the recruiter and hiring manager. I have never wanted to be apart of a team or company more. Call with recruiter then video interview with hiring manager (I didn’t make it past this round).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meraki

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki in May 2022

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter from Meraki. I had a phone call with the recruiter and then had a system design interview as a phone screen. I was then invited to a virtual onsite with two more system design interviews and two coding interviews. The expectations of coding interviews were quite unreasonable. The first interview I was expected to write a syntactically correct solution to a leetcode hard problem in 35 minutes. I managed to write a non optimal solution to the problem. The second coding interview I was asked to write syntactically correct code for a framework I have never used before. The framework was not listed as a knowledge requirement for the position. Now the negative. First, three of my meetings were no shows due to someone from Meraki not attending. Secondly, I communicated my total compensation expectations at the beginning of the process, but the offer I received was not even close to what I asked for. I got my numbers from levels.fyi, but I was told those numbers were not realistic despite me showing them entries on levels. I was also told that Meraki has a “recruiting SLA” where they will get back to you with an offer within two days, but I didn’t receive an offer for two weeks. I was told that they were interviewing “diverse candidates” during those two weeks which delayed my offer. In the end I accepted an offer from another company who was aligned with my salary expectations, who didn’t ghost me multiple times, and who didn’t string me along for two weeks before giving an offer. The team and work at Meraki seems interesting, but the way I was treated during my interviewing was a negative experience.

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode Hard 3 system design interviews centred around team’s problem domain
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Meraki (Chicago, IL)

Interview

Round 1 - initial phone screen interview with recruiter (resume discussion). Round 2 - technical interview (software / programming). Round 3 - technical interview (network systems). Round 4 - Human Resources.

Interview Questions
  • Programming related to real life situation about network systems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA