Mercy Medical Center (OH) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercy Medical Center (OH) Interview Questions

Interviews at Mercy Medical Center (OH)

2.0

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy Medical Center (OH) (Canton, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

After I applied online, HR never called. A unit manager from another department than I had applied to called and asked me to come in. I only met with the Unit Manager. HR never interviewed me. I wasn't really even interviewed. Only asked when I could work and when I could start. HR was very difficult to get in touch with when I had questions.

Interview Questions

• I think they may have just been desperate to fill positions on this particular floor. Basically the only questons she asked me were what was my availability and how soon could I start.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't given the opportunity to negotiate.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy Medical Center (OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I met with a HR rep first then went to my interview with the floor manager. She sat me down and tried to push me towards a postition I didn't apply for, but ultimately I got hired in to the position I did orignally apply for. I was also given a hard time about my school schedule during my interview.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest situation you've ever experienced professionally?   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Mercy Medical Center (OH) (Canton, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is painfully long on-line process for some odd reason they are associated with St. Vincent Charity Hospitals in Cleveland Ohio so I have no clue what's going on at Mercy Medical. I think they need to re-engineer their hiring process along with having more diversity in their staff especially in allied health. I was a patient at Mercy and didn't see hardly any people of color in nursing unless they are a nurses aide, dietary aide, phlebotomist, or environmental service. I am a POC I would like to be represented in Pathology, Nursing, Finance, and other allied health.

Interview Questions

• No difficult Questions. HR rushed me off the phone after I told her I'm not interested in 3rd shift. I applied for a day shift Microbiology position. She said it was for an internal candidate yet still posted for EXTERNAL APPLICANTS   Answer Question

Dec 1, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Mercy Medical Center is a ministry of the Sisters of Charity Health System and a sister hospital to St. Vincent Charity Medical Center in Cleveland... More

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mercy Medical Center (OH) (Canton, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Typical interview process. Took a tour of the department only, was interviewed by the manager and all of the physicians. Took a skills test.

The whole process too MONTHS. HR IS SLOW!!! Even after I was offered the job it was months before I knew a start date or anything I needed to do to prepare.

You have to pass the physical, drug, and tobacco test. Which is pretty ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview type questions. No surprises.

There were some personal questions asked like my marital status, kids, etc. This did make me a little uncomfortable.

The City and hospital in general were downgraded even during my interview process. I had a feeling I wouldn't be happy.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy Medical Center (OH) in January 2010.

Interview

Of all the interviews I have had, Mercy's is one of the most stressful. The woman who work there are not very friendly. Thet let you sit there while other people come in and they joke and talk with them, sometimes leaving the office with you sitting there without so much as excusing themselves.

Interview Questions

• They ask what I would do to assure the success of the hospital.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I interviewed at Mercy Medical Center (OH) (Canton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Round table. Directors present. Poor format, unprofessional line of questioning. Asked about family
    life/work balance DURING interview. It was a poor interview. Directors were on Cell phones texting/emailing during questioning. Talking with eachother about their weekends and grandchildren DURING answers. Felt as if there was NO interest in responses given.

Interview Questions

• How do you intend to balance your work life with raising your children?   1 Answer

Dec 1, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Our goal is to ensure that every candidate has a positive interview experience. Your feedback will help us to enhance our interview training to... More

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy Medical Center (OH).

Interview

The hiring process was a typical rn hiring process. A criminal background check, drug testing, nicotine testing, verification of ACLS and BLS, interview with manager, and then a day of job shadowing.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercy Medical Center (OH).

Interview

A Telephone interview by Human Resources then an in person interview with the director of pharmacy. Basic questions. Background check and drug screen completed. Informal did not give me a tour or offer to let me ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? If you got the position tell me how you would make an impact?   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your comments help us to make changes to our process and ensure all candidates have a positive interviewing experience.

Cst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mercy Medical Center (OH) (Canton, OH).

Interview

The initial interview itself went very well. Management seemed very friendly and knowledgeable. I thought it was going to be a great place to work, then my training started which was lacking at best. They concentrated on general surgery more than anything else. They are a full-service hospital and their training did not cover everything that an employee needs to work there. There were employees there that have worked there for 4 years that still have not done certain procedures.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work any hours and any shifts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process. They told me what the insurance was what I was making and that was it take it or leave it.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercy Medical Center (OH) (Canton, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

I was asked a few questions about my previous employment and skills after having to take a medical terminology and typing test. The entire process took about 2 hours. Which I thought was rather long.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever messed up something important that affected patient heath in your previous job   1 Answer