Metal Sales Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

1.5

Corporate Office Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Metal Sales Manufacturing (Louisville, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position in their corporate office and it did take about 3-4 weeks for me to hear from them. From that point, the process moved very quickly. I had an in-person interview with the hiring manager and another team member. They took me back right on time and the interview lasted almost 90 minutes, just as I was told. I heard back 2 days later with a request for one more in-person interview early in the following week. While that interview had to be rescheduled due to an unexpected change in their availability, they were very open about why and apologetic. I received an offer the same day I had the final interview and received the background/drug screen information the business day after I accepted. Even if I had not received a job offer, the process was smooth and communication was ideal.

Interview Questions

• With each interview, they asked what questions or concerns I had.   Answer Question

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metal Sales Manufacturing (Jefferson, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Well appears they cant hire drivers so they will tell you whatever it takes to hire you and be less they honest in the process. Russ Santee is very meticulous until it comes to pay then he tells you one thing fills out the paperwork then changes them later to reflect company desires.

Interview Questions

• all they wanted to know is if you could meet their expectations but its driving you can not tell someone how many stops you could get off your truck in a day because every day driving a truck is different   1 Answer

Negotiation

they went over the entire pay package then paid me differently on my check for a lot less then promised

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Metal Sales Manufacturing (Longmont, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for the position even know I was not qualified. My experience was in Production environment and they were looking for more financial experience. Very friendly and informative on the direction the company was going.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Metal Sales Manufacturing (Louisville, KY) in December 2015.

Interview

Boring and not put together well at all. Left the room to take calls on cell phone. Talked more about the owner Craig McMackin than what the job details were and my experience.

Interview Questions

• What had I heard about the company.   1 Answer

Weirdest Interview Ever Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metal Sales Manufacturing.

Interview

I submiited online for a senior leadership position. I sent a resume and then an onsite interview was scheduled. I interviewed, checked with my professional network and ultimately declined any further activity, given my experience.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward. As with other reviews, questions about experience with 'difficult ownership' or 'a company in transition'. Got the feeling the current CEO (acting President...they've had three in three years) was not long for the MSMC world, the way everyone talked. The owner I interviewed with (and this is why I felt the need to submit this) was one pretty arrogant dude, given that his Dad started the company and that his three older brothers have led it pretty well, before he took over.I read the other comments and did my diligence-spoke with building industry colleagues and 'banking community'......We all face our own decisions and have different appetites for company cultures but this was not a place for me. Asked about employer turnover (which is reportedly over 50% within 24 months) and was told, effectively 'a lot of companies have high turnover'.....the fact that there are challenges there isn't the issue; it's the ownerships laisez faire attitude to addressing them that's concerning.....makes sense given their lack of professional context. Lastly, the CEO bragged about education so I checked......his school was a college when he went there and although a University now..ranked 583 in the US in his field. And his MBA? From a school not even ranked. Where one went to school...who cares...but bragging about it when....? Be careful.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Metal Sales Manufacturing.

Interview

It was a pleasant interview. The admin that hired me was very nice---we actually had a lot in common. We discussed my qualifications and asked me a bit about data entry.

Finance Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metal Sales Manufacturing in January 2015.

Interview

Process was very good, professional from the team however, very hard for the company to hide all the comments on Glassdoor. Executive team does not dispute how difficult it is to work for the ownership. You can tell interviewers are uncomfortable being positive about the company and encouraging me to join a very dysfunctional company, led by a very difficult CEO.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very easy, mostly about how I would handle owners / CEO that undermine the leadership team, deal with antiquated systems and processes, and a board that is described as destructive, paranoid, and combative to their management teams. Several leaders have quit merely to avoid having to interact with the board.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metal Sales Manufacturing (Cleveland, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Brief and not much depth. One in person and three on the phone. Never had the opportunity to speak with any contemporaries prior to a decision having to be made.