Michael Baker International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Michael Baker International

2.3

Highway Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

The Manager of the Chicago office was really understanding and professional and overall it was a really pleasant experience. He asked the right questions and felt that he was really prepared to hire the right person.

On-Call Storm Water Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Michael Baker International.

Interview

I gave my resume out at a college career fair and was e-mailed a few weeks later about a possible internship opportunity. Had a phone interview that lasted probably 30-40 minutes, it seemed to go okay, and haven't been contacted since (it's been 3 months).

Interview Questions

• What is your learning style/how do you go about learning something new for the first time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Cleveland, OH) in November 2019.

Interview

Introductions of everyone interviewing me

I asked them what kind actual on-the-job duties I will have

The asked me to expand on some of the roles I performed in past internships and school related activities.

I asked them about the living enviroment in the office's city, Cleveland, to get a residents perspective of how much fun it might be to live there

Interview Questions

• We've read over your resume, but can you tell us in your own words how you see yourself fitting in with the team oriented job?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (College Station, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, asked typical interview questions, gave information on the culture and type of work going on at MBI, very interested in me as an applicant, received offer 3 days after second interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Michael Baker International?   Answer Question

Mapping Scp Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Baker International.

Interview

Found this job through a recruiter and asked me slight background and experience questions. The interview itself was easy and pretty basic. They also let me shadow in with a current worker to see how to the job is done.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your experience will accommodate to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Washington, DC) in July 2019.

Interview

Fairly casual, online interview. They were very responsive and open about the hiring process. They told me that they were interviewing another candidate and that it was between us two. I appreciate the honesty.

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2019.

Interview

The process was quite easy as the position I applied for matched my knowledge, experience as well as the job requirements. You have to be patient once you submit an application online on the company website because it might takes months before you even get selected for the interview which completely depends on how quickly the company needs to fill that position.

Interview Questions

• This was not a typical interview where they ask you formal questions as the manager knew about my work history and overall knowledge and experience so he directly skipped to the salary discussion. Overall the interview was very casual.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2019.

Interview

there was a one hour long phone interview. Resume was sent over to their offices via fax. The overall process was not too difficult, and the interviewer was extremely nice and helpful during the process.

Entry Level Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2019.

Interview

Connected with one employee on LinkedIn, met in person for coffee, and then met the local office's office manager for an interview over coffee. Several weeks later, I had lunch with three employees (including the the two from before) and then was shown the local office space. All interviews proceeded more like conversations with individuals who love what they are doing and are proud to work for this company. We discussed interests, client interactions, and transportation subject matter, and I was reassured about the company's commitment to employees' work/life balance and schedule flexibility.

Interview Questions

• What were your internship experiences like?   Answer Question
    • What level of interaction and communication have you had with clients?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

First a phone interview and then an office visit. During the office visit, i had the opportunity to discuss with employees of all levels, ranging from office manager to EIT.