Michael Baker International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2018

2.4

Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email a few days later from a hiring recruiter with MBI who set-up an interview. The entire process took just under 2 weeks.

The interview was very relaxed and mostly involved discussing my resume and the position.

The only downside was that they never informed me that I did not get the position, nor did they respond to a follow-up email I sent regarding the job. I found out on my own that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Use 5 words to describe yourself.   2 Answers
    • Why should we hire you?   2 Answers
    • What are your career goals? Where would you like your career to be in five years?   1 Answer

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michael Baker International in February 2017.

Interview

Talked with recruiter out of Virginia, nice guy asked a lot of basic questions. Wanted to know about past recruiting experience. Very much a get to know you type of phone call. Wanted to know direct recruiting experience in terms of years.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the challenges you face when recruiting?   1 Answer

Architectural Designer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call about 2 days later. Contacted me about a week later for an in-person interview. It was pretty straight forward, fairly casual. Questions about my experience with difference Architecture programs (Revit, Sketchup,AutoCad). Got a call a few days later to see how I flt the interview went. Hear from the recruiter every now and then to say the process is still ongoing. Been going on for a few months.

Civil Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Baker International.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the a Project Manager and a few weeks later was invited to an in person interview with Office Manager as well as a few other Project Managers.Overall, process was fairly simple but took awhile which i suppose is standard for a large corporation such as MBI. Fairly straight forward questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, why do I want to work at Michael Baker? What do I like/dislike about my job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Baker International.

Interview

I applied online, followed by an HR phone screening about 3 weeks later. Phone interview with Hiring Manager(s) 2 weeks later. Face to face group interview - this step may take some time, because managers are not in the regional offices. The process took about 8 weeks from application to final interview.

Intern II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Cary, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Just went over what Michael and Baker does and what the company entails, and then went over how I would fit in to the company and what skills might I bring

Interview Questions

• Potential classes that could go along with their certain fields and job experiences.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Phila, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR. The rep asked me a couple of questions regarding my resume and areas of expertise. He said he would follow up either way. This came about from an online resume/cover submitted through indeed. I felt like I was respected by the HR rep. It gives me a good impression of the company Michael Baker Intl.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about site work, geotechnical? Do you have experience with prime contractors, (he meant, MEP contractors)   1 Answer

Structures Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

A group of employees spoke with me about myself and how I had got to where I was. They were very easy going and just wanted to know what types of experience I had that was applicable to engineering knowledge, as well as general leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• What role do you typically play in a project? And how did they affect your working relationship with your partners?   Answer Question

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleaveland, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Cleaveland, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

was them selling themselves to me. Barely ask a question about my previous work experience. hired me.. And sent me out with a map to find my project in rural part of the state

Interview Questions

• I swear to you they didn't ask a single one that would be a interview question?   Answer Question

Civil Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Michael Baker International (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

There is a phone interview with HR recruiter in the afternoon, less than 25 mins with basics interview questions. Result delivered within two weeks with well prepared HR package.