Mimecast Senior Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Mimecast (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

First was the phone interview with quite an interesting guy. No technical questions for some reason. Just some personality/background probing.

Then interview in an office with some department leads. Can't remember any technical questions again, just more of the same - personality/background/experience, describe previous projects, what drives you etc.

At the end they said i wasn't passionate enough and i'm not really sure what were they meaning by that. First i'm generally perceived as a pleasant person to talk to. And I've asked the guy on the phone a lot of things about the company and the work process, it was quite interesting and i was excited. Then those 2 guys with questions they're asking on any interview, far from interesting. They haven't done anything to make me want to work in the company.

So i have a feeling they're not interested in professionals, they're interested in young passionate devs who are desperate to be hired by anyone really and can work for peanuts.

So if you want to work there - smile a lot and don't forget to jump with excitement from time to time, no matter how good you are, that helps.

Interview Questions

• Describe me the architecture of the previous project you were working on.   Answer Question