Mitchell International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mitchell International Interview Questions

Interviews at Mitchell International

2.8

Sort:

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mitchell International in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring process can be slow and cumbersome, however, it is also very thorough and provides you with a fair representation of the company prior to making a decision. Note that they do administer two tests plus an essay. Overall, seems like they know what fits and what doesn't and use these methods to ensure the new hire is right for the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• One of the tests is logic based, and seemed rather difficult given that I was not interviewing for an analytically based position. That being said, I passed it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was fairly easy. Critical items like salary range, benefits and title were discussed early in the process, so the final negotiations were straightforward.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mitchell International.

Interview

Two interviews. One over the phone by the hiring HR and then by the team manager and lead engineer whose team had the open position. No technical questions. More like an HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous work experience of 6-7 yrs ago. For an entry level position should't they be testing the current knowledge?   Answer Question

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitchell International (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

phone screen initially which basically going through resume, in person 3 hrs very easy just about projects, design patterns, webservices, enterprise patterns, star type questions- 4 members in the panel

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One phone call screening interview, board interview with at least 3 people from dir to staff. It would be not a pleasant experience since it took more than 4 hours to for the interview. They offer a lunch for interviewee though.

Interview Questions

• what else can you do with a chair beside sitting on it ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mitchell International (San Diego, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Good and open process

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitchell International (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Met through University Job Fair. Wasn't looking for them but got called up about a month afterwards. There was an HR phone screen + Manager phone interview + Panel Interview. They seemed really excited about me and I was also excited about working here. The people were friendly, the building looked awesome. I interviewed with 5 people onsite.

Interview Questions

• You have an multi-dimensional array of zeros and ones. After any 1, you won't see any more one's in that row. How would I process that array, what's the run time, and can we make it better?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a better candidate than other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be afraid to negotiate...I wasn't. I basically named my range and they gave me the bottom of that range as an offer. Works for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mitchell International (La Jolla, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

After a career fair, there was an invite-only info session. Next steps included a coding challenge that took about an hour and a half overall. After that, I was cut from the pool of applicants

Interview Questions

• Write code for a post order traversal of a binary search tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mitchell International (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

After initial contact, the first interview is a technical interview for 45-60 minutes. The interviewer focuses mainly on the candidates experience and achievements. A small take-home project is next and then code review of the finished with a panel. You decide when to submit it. The interview can be up to 4 hours. Then a hiring manager interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitchell International (San Diego, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

For my first phone interview, they called on time. They started with questions about myself and my resume, and asked me to elaborate on some of my past experiences. Once that portion was complete, they asked me a couple of basic technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mitchell International in December 2017.

Interview

1 hour phone interview. Resume related questions, Agile experience, some OOP concepts, coding a little bit. The interviewer spoke with Indian accent & a bit rude, talked a lot and kept interrupting people..

Interview Questions

• DI, Abstract & Encapsulation with some other concepts, just follow the questions mentioned here, it's helpful   Answer Question