Mizuho Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Systems Development Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group.

Interview

Screening was done over phone, later I was invited for an in-person interview. I had both my technical and HR interviews on the same day. People were very cordial.
    Overall a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• A couple of sql queries were asked. Two functions were given who's output was to be computed.   Answer Question

Mizuho Financial Group Response

Oct 13, 2016 – AVP, Human Resources

Glad you had a positive interview experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Administrative Interview

Interview

Applied through an agency. The interview was scheduled promptly. Pleasant, friendly people who indicated that company appreciate people capable working in the the diverse cultural environment. They needed someone right away and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your background fits in the position you're applying for   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with HR (mostly behavioral type questions), followed by an interview with three different groups that had individual discretion about whether or not to hire me. The interview with HR was pretty short (between 15 and 20 minutes), the interview with each individual group lasted around an hour, some ran slightly over, others slightly under.

Interview Questions

• What are typical adjustments made to EBITDA?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, then two onsite visits. Each visit had multiple one on one interviews. Most of the interview was checking technical chops and fit within the team.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first thing you change if your were to take this position today?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

He was very honest about his expectations, which seemed on the more intense end of the spectrum. He asked very pointed questions, and seemed like he was trying to catch me off guard or make me uncomfortable. He asked a few basic finance and accounting statement-related questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds, one with HR, one with Dept. head. I applied to the investment banking team in Hong Kong. People are very nice and willing to answer your inquiries. Positive exp. overall.

Interview Questions

Mizuho Financial Group Response

Jan 13, 2017

We are glad you had a positive experience!

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Initial review was with the then head of HR for the Jersey City site and with two managers of the Property Management Department. Second Interview was arranged quickly in the NY office with the then Senior Vice President of the Property Management Unit. Entire process was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked Facilities specific questions related to Emergency Power Systems and HVAC as well as knowledge of building systems and my relationships with common vendors.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

On Campus Interview followed by Final Round. Final round consisted of about 4 interviews with various members of the team at the bank. Questions were mostly technical with very few behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Explain how depreciation flows through the financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

There were a few interviews among current employees and mgmt. It focused on the standard q& a about product and client base. Discussed what i can bring to the table. Discussed background and accomplishments.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Did a first round interview that was mainly informational (considering I was younger than expected for the role at the time). Staff was very helpful, and wanted to maintain a long-term relationship.

Interview Questions

• Why Mizuho? (wording may vary, but that was the point).   Answer Question