MobilityWare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MobilityWare Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.7

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MobilityWare.

Interview

This company is horrible with communication. Not only that, but the impression I got was that none of their folks really did any work... as evidenced by people who played ping pong all day...

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask anything difficult... this interview was a complete waste of time.   Answer Question

Unity Engineer - Card Games Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MobilityWare in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had an introductory chat with a recruiter named Chris before being told I would get a technical interview scheduled sometime near the start of the next month. That was about a week later. After no contact for two weeks, I contacted Chris about it but didn't hear anything. After another week, I spoke to a friend of mine who worked there and finally heard through him that I had been rejected from the position. A little while later, I finally received an email saying I'd been rejected.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get to the technical interview so I didn't really get any questions.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

This review is regarding the recruiter. Terrible communication. The in-house recruiter set up a few phone calls/video calls for me, but took him about 3 weeks before getting back to me. He then called me back to setup an in-person interview. We agreed upon a date and said he'd get back to me. Don't hear back until the day before I expected to go in, only to find out he has scheduled me for a week later. I reach back out to him to confirm that this wasn't a mistake, as we verbally agreed to set up an interview for the current week. No response. I go in the following week for my 3 hour interview, send the recruiter a follow up about a week later, and 3-4 weeks later, still no response (obviously not expecting an offer at this point). The company seems amazing; the recruiter, on the other hand, probably the worst communication I've experienced.

Interview Questions

• Really picked my brain at potential solutions I'd be coming up with.   Answer Question

MobilityWare Response

May 16, 2017 – Sr. HR Admin

Hi there! I am so sorry that that was your experience. The candidate experience is one of the most important steps to getting a great new hire on board. Again, we are so sorry that this was how... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MobilityWare (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I will start by saying I didn't receive an offer but I wish I would have. The panels that interviewed me were smart and made me feel welcome. When I got to their office 20 minutes early Devina from the recruiting team walked me around and offered me ice cream before 9am. Of course I want to work here!

One of the interview panels asked me a questions that I knew I wasn't going to be able to solve and still haven't been able to solve. I wonder if this is a trick question?

I got a call a few days later from Devina the recruiter to update me on my status. I have never had someone tell me they aren't going to offer me a job no nicely. I think this is still why I want to work there. I sent thank you emails to the team and most of them responded which isn't normal. Everyone was awesome. When I get more experience I am going to come back strong looking for a job!

Interview Questions

• What type of games do you play?   1 Answer

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobilityWare in January 2017.

Interview

Applied. Had a phone interview scheduled with Renee but was forced to reschedule due to oversight on their end. 2nd interview went well. Was told I would hear back next week to speak to the dev team for a second interview. However I never heard back after a week. After 2 follow up emails, still did not hear back before moving on.

Interview Questions

• Basic phone screening questions.   1 Answer

Unity Technical Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MobilityWare (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview was about 3 hours long and consisted of 3 separate interview panels consisting of 1 to 2 people each. The overall interview process was somewhat intense but not overwhelming. My first point of contact, Divina, was as nice as could be and she really tried hard to make me feel at ease. It was good to have someone there who I knew wouldn't be grilling me and instead was just being a friendly face and guide. She showed me around the studio and then the actual interviews began.

I met 5 people in total, with the first two interviewers asking me about some games I had created and my general goals and aspirations. Overall they were very nice and didn't ask pointed questions, and the interview was fairly casual and not anxiety-provoking.

The next interviewer was the art director. He asked me a few questions on various topics but seemed to want me to offer up more information on my own rather than simply respond to questions, but I wasn't sure exactly what topics I should talk about. Ultimately he said he liked me and felt he could work with me from a personality standpoint, but wasn't quite convinced about my skillset yet. He revealed that he was the hiring manager and would be making the final decision about me, but that it would be up to the next two interviewers to convince him that I was a good fit for the Technical Artist position.

The next two interviewers were a couple of technical artists, and they were very funny guys. Overall this interview was more lighthearted then the other ones, and the two guys were really jovial and seemed get along well together. One of them seemed really fond of the other and kept saying "There is only one of him" while staring at him lovingly. I honestly thought he might stroke the other guy's head at one point! Lol.

We eventually ran out of time and Divina took me over to meet CEO Jeff Erle over in his office. I didn't know if it was standard procedure or not to have a candidate chat with the company CEO, but I was honored to meet him. Jeff seems like a very nice person and we had a really friendly talk about MobilityWare and what the company stands for. He stressed how everyone really cares for one another here, and some of their vision for the future. I really enjoyed meeting Jeff, and his friendly and open demeanor made me even more impressed with Mobilityware.

But ultimately, I didn't pass. A few days later HR called me with a rejection phone call. In the end, it turns out I made the cut from a technical standpoint but had failed due to my artistic skills not being up to par.

Overall I had a great time meeting everyone at MobilityWare and they were all super nice. It seems like a fantastic place to work where people really care about each other and get along well. I did end up getting another job somewhere else a few days later as a Unity programmer (but not in any artistic role). But I had really wanted to work at Mobilityware, and still do today! Maybe I will try again one day, this time as a Unity developer. I hope this interview review was helpful and it will help someone land a job a MobilityWare. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• How would you redesign the UI of one of your mobile games to improve it?   1 Answer

MobilityWare Response

Jan 18, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate the feedback from candidates and are always looking for ways to potentially improve our recruiting and interviewing process... More

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobilityWare (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with Renee. She was very relaxed and kept it very casual, which helped me relax and was very comforting. Not only did we talk about professional experience, but personal experiences as well. MobilityWare really wants to make sure you will fit in with the company and their culture.

Was invited for an in person 1:1 interviews with Ed, Michael, Chandra, and Jeff (CEO). The process took about 2 hours. It was a very comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• Ed gave me a SQL test. Find errors in a script. Explain a RIGHT JOIN, syntax, and data validation process.   Answer Question

Live Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobilityWare (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was reached out to on LinkedIn. I was not interested in taking a new job, so I interviewed purely for curiosity. I took the offer so they must have done something right.

After the first phone screen, I chatted with the hiring manager. After another followup and scheduling call with the recruiter, I had a full-day onsite scheduled. The onsite interview was nearly 5 hours long. I met with people from all sorts of functions (including a designer that I think was there just to vet that I was a cool guy haha), and even the CEO sat down with me for a little while. One senior manager who I will be working with often was quite forthcoming, describing both the strengths and weaknesses of the company, and it already felt as if we were devising plans to overcome the weaknesses together during the interview.

Technically speaking, I think the interview was too easy. Culture fit may be placed above competence. Not sure if this is to a fault yet.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very standard and I was not caught off guard.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MobilityWare (Irvine, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone call with HR, then technical phone interview with engineering manager, followed by an on-site technical interview. At on-site interview, I first met with a few engineers from the team that I would be joining if hired. This part mostly involved practical, hands on coding relevant to my specialty. I solved/answered all of the problems 15 minutes early, so we just nerded around until my next interviewer arrived. I met with 4 more director / vp level people after this, most of which expressed interest in conducting the interview. Most of their questions involved some whiteboarding, most of which were fairly easy, others were a bit trickier but had nothing to do with the role that I was applying for. Overall, I felt that the interview went very well and that the company and team would be a great fit for me. I was completely caught off guard when I found out that they were not offering me the position because I was "not senior enough". I really hope that politics aren't at play in terms of different teams competing for hires. I've been on the hiring side of things for the past few years and I've seen it happen. That aside, if the determination of all of the interviewers was truly that I was not senior enough, I couldn't disagree more. Besides the initial hands on coding portion of the interview, very few questions were asked that related to responsibilities of the job (I suspect that this may be due to the lack of specific domain experience on the part of the interviewers). The best way to evaluate whether a candidate can do job.... is to actually have them do the job. Bring them in and assign them real units of work (maybe pair programming) and see if they sink or swim -- that's the only real way to know what someone's capabilities are. It's a sad thing - I was sitting on 4 amazing offers for senior roles, but I was most excited about MobilityWare potentially making me an offer, and was willing to accept a lower offer to work for them. I know that I would have made a huge impact there with my years of expertise.

Interview Questions

• How would you build / structure a leaderboard for ~10 million users? What are some of the complexities with displaying and recalculating a users position in a leaderboard of this size?   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobilityWare (Irvine, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone, several in person interviews, and meeting with the CEO. It was a lengthy interview process. They really want to make sure employees fit the culture of the company. Everyone was very nice and answered all of my questions. I would recommend to anyone applying for a job here to wait out the lengthy process because the company is worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker? is fo, how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question