MobilityWare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MobilityWare Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Interview

This review is regarding the recruiter. Terrible communication. The in-house recruiter set up a few phone calls/video calls for me, but took him about 3 weeks before getting back to me. He then called me back to setup an in-person interview. We agreed upon a date and said he'd get back to me. Don't hear back until the day before I expected to go in, only to find out he has scheduled me for a week later. I reach back out to him to confirm that this wasn't a mistake, as we verbally agreed to set up an interview for the current week. No response. I go in the following week for my 3 hour interview, send the recruiter a follow up about a week later, and 3-4 weeks later, still no response (obviously not expecting an offer at this point). The company seems amazing; the recruiter, on the other hand, probably the worst communication I've experienced.

Interview Questions

• Really picked my brain at potential solutions I'd be coming up with.   Answer Question

MobilityWare Response

May 16, 2017 – Sr. HR Admin

Hi there! I am so sorry that that was your experience. The candidate experience is one of the most important steps to getting a great new hire on board. Again, we are so sorry that this was how... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MobilityWare (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I will start by saying I didn't receive an offer but I wish I would have. The panels that interviewed me were smart and made me feel welcome. When I got to their office 20 minutes early Devina from the recruiting team walked me around and offered me ice cream before 9am. Of course I want to work here!

One of the interview panels asked me a questions that I knew I wasn't going to be able to solve and still haven't been able to solve. I wonder if this is a trick question?

I got a call a few days later from Devina the recruiter to update me on my status. I have never had someone tell me they aren't going to offer me a job no nicely. I think this is still why I want to work there. I sent thank you emails to the team and most of them responded which isn't normal. Everyone was awesome. When I get more experience I am going to come back strong looking for a job!

Interview Questions

• What type of games do you play?   1 Answer

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobilityWare in January 2017.

Interview

Applied. Had a phone interview scheduled with Renee but was forced to reschedule due to oversight on their end. 2nd interview went well. Was told I would hear back next week to speak to the dev team for a second interview. However I never heard back after a week. After 2 follow up emails, still did not hear back before moving on.

Interview Questions

• Basic phone screening questions.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobilityWare (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with Renee. She was very relaxed and kept it very casual, which helped me relax and was very comforting. Not only did we talk about professional experience, but personal experiences as well. MobilityWare really wants to make sure you will fit in with the company and their culture.

Was invited for an in person 1:1 interviews with Ed, Michael, Chandra, and Jeff (CEO). The process took about 2 hours. It was a very comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• Ed gave me a SQL test. Find errors in a script. Explain a RIGHT JOIN, syntax, and data validation process.   Answer Question

Live Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobilityWare (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was reached out to on LinkedIn. I was not interested in taking a new job, so I interviewed purely for curiosity. I took the offer so they must have done something right.

After the first phone screen, I chatted with the hiring manager. After another followup and scheduling call with the recruiter, I had a full-day onsite scheduled. The onsite interview was nearly 5 hours long. I met with people from all sorts of functions (including a designer that I think was there just to vet that I was a cool guy haha), and even the CEO sat down with me for a little while. One senior manager who I will be working with often was quite forthcoming, describing both the strengths and weaknesses of the company, and it already felt as if we were devising plans to overcome the weaknesses together during the interview.

Technically speaking, I think the interview was too easy. Culture fit may be placed above competence. Not sure if this is to a fault yet.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very standard and I was not caught off guard.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MobilityWare (Irvine, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone call with HR, then technical phone interview with engineering manager, followed by an on-site technical interview. At on-site interview, I first met with a few engineers from the team that I would be joining if hired. This part mostly involved practical, hands on coding relevant to my specialty. I solved/answered all of the problems 15 minutes early, so we just nerded around until my next interviewer arrived. I met with 4 more director / vp level people after this, most of which expressed interest in conducting the interview. Most of their questions involved some whiteboarding, most of which were fairly easy, others were a bit trickier but had nothing to do with the role that I was applying for. Overall, I felt that the interview went very well and that the company and team would be a great fit for me. I was completely caught off guard when I found out that they were not offering me the position because I was "not senior enough". I really hope that politics aren't at play in terms of different teams competing for hires. I've been on the hiring side of things for the past few years and I've seen it happen. That aside, if the determination of all of the interviewers was truly that I was not senior enough, I couldn't disagree more. Besides the initial hands on coding portion of the interview, very few questions were asked that related to responsibilities of the job (I suspect that this may be due to the lack of specific domain experience on the part of the interviewers). The best way to evaluate whether a candidate can do job.... is to actually have them do the job. Bring them in and assign them real units of work (maybe pair programming) and see if they sink or swim -- that's the only real way to know what someone's capabilities are. It's a sad thing - I was sitting on 4 amazing offers for senior roles, but I was most excited about MobilityWare potentially making me an offer, and was willing to accept a lower offer to work for them. I know that I would have made a huge impact there with my years of expertise.

Interview Questions

• How would you build / structure a leaderboard for ~10 million users? What are some of the complexities with displaying and recalculating a users position in a leaderboard of this size?   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobilityWare (Irvine, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone, several in person interviews, and meeting with the CEO. It was a lengthy interview process. They really want to make sure employees fit the culture of the company. Everyone was very nice and answered all of my questions. I would recommend to anyone applying for a job here to wait out the lengthy process because the company is worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker? is fo, how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

PM Interview

Interview

Relatively straight forward interview. The process kicks off with an initial phone screen from the Director of HR. If all goes well, you are then invited onsite to meet with the hiring managers, and a decision is made from there. My issue wasn't with the process, but rather, it was with MobilityWare's lack of communication and professional courtesy.

I found myself having to follow up with HR on multiple occasions regarding scheduling for the onsite, even after HR had stated they'd reach out first. The onsite was planned to be two 1x1 meetings with the hiring manager/senior software engineer, and an SVP of tech. I specifically remembering the various points/questions that the Senior Software Engineer had asked, and I recall that I was able to answer them quite fully, with details and examples of how my experience with past projects apply The SVP of tech couldn't make it, however, because of an "emergency meeting."

In a nutshell, there seems to be something fishy going on at MobilityWare and their hiring processes, and some employees will even go great lengths to lie to your face about your potential with the firm. Don't expect any sort of proper communication through your interview process with them; expect week-long delays from HR due to an abundance of conveniently sick people who are out. Oh, and integrity, and professionalism? Forget about it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MobilityWare.

Interview

Initial phone discussion was scheduled and confirmed. The person never called or emailed.

If you schedule a time to speak with a person and cannot make it, at least have the courtesy to reschedule or cancel so that person does not block out the time that you asked for.

MobilityWare Response

Apr 30, 2015 – Director, Human Resources

Hi there,

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I cannot make any excuses for this error and I am continuing to look at how we/I can ensure we/I don't make mistakes like this moving forward. If... More

Ad Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MobilityWare in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through Linkedin by Mobilityware HR. I was told that if I would like to learn more about the position, to feel free and chat. I replied through LinkedIn, then politely through email, and never received a response. I absolutely understand the fact that HR can be incredibly busy, but why was I contacted in the first place if there was little intent to respond. This did not leave a good impression.