90% would recommend to a friend
(113 total reviews)
93% approve of CEO
Found 113 of over 117 reviews
Updated Oct 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people to work with" (in 16 reviews)
- "Great culture (but is on the decline) with questionable values" (in 14 reviews)
- "Great work life balance that allows for spending your free time how you want it." (in 7 reviews)
- "Good benefits" (in 6 reviews)
- "Unlimited PTO (and people actually take advantage of it)" (in 5 reviews)
- "Upper management is conservative and tends to follow proven strategies / examples, rather than to take risk and try out new ideas" (in 3 reviews)
- "Growing pains means lots of meetings and ambiguity in roles/responsibilities but management is aware and actively working to resolve." (in 3 reviews)
- "The leadership and ownership of data has been muddy and the team is looking for next level infrastructure and a clear road map." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of MobilityWare and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWMay 1, 2023Software Engineering ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsIrvine, CA
- No overtime or crunch expectations - Constant growth potential - Be valued for who you are not just your hard skills - Constantly iterating on policies to best suit company and employee needs - Company stability has always been a strong suit - Strong internal support structures
- Some teams are more scrutinized than others - Teams in different disciplines can sometimes behave more like rivals than partners (this has been getting better over time)
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Sr. UX/UI DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIrvine, CA
The company does care about its employees and takes care of their needs. It also provides resources on employee's career path growth and skill improvement.
The only drawback will be the back-to-office policy if you are looking for remote work. But the office environment is good to work in.
- 1.0Jul 14, 2023Platform EngineerFormer Employee
Not that many to be honest.
The Engineering Manager is out of touch with reality and expects everyone under him to know every single system even if you've never worked on it. He'll also expect you to do the job of multiple departments. Salaries are also WAY below market value. The list goes on and on. Just STAY AWAY. 98% of the team is offshore & it's clear why. The offshore teams are treated much better than the folks in the US. Any sane person in the US wouldn't tolerate the politics that goes on in this department. I cannot stress this enough, STAY AWAY. I also heard they're forcing people back into office? The CEO's awareness and sense to relate to his employees is non existent. They also support that woke rainbow garbage. Did I mention the fake camaraderie? It's astonishing how many people at this company are drinking its Kool-Aid. Leaving this place was the best decision I've ever made for my career.MobilityWare Response5mo
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, we believe you may have the wrong company page as MobilityWare has no offshore teams or team members; our offices are all located in the United States. We are a mobile gaming publisher that specializes in card and puzzle games. Furthermore, our salaries are extremely competitive for both the industry and our location. We've also received a great deal of positive feedback on our learning initiatives and cross-discipline training, helping team members acquire new skills as they further their careers. Finally, we believe that our strength lies in our diversity and that the reason our games are so successful on a worldwide scale is for that very reason. Having the ability to approach product development from a variety of viewpoints and life experiences ensures that our titles resonate with people from all different walks of life.
- 5.0Aug 28, 2023Senior User Acquisition ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Great work culture Diverse and inclusive Great benefits and perks Knowledgeable people to learn from
Mandatory 2 day hybrid schedule Siloed team structure and responsibilities
- 5.0May 26, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsIrvine, CA
MobilityWare (MW) sits in that sweet space - it's self funded, large enough to do meaningful games, and small enough to still pivot dynamically. The culture heavily emphasizes individual professional development, and your actions will matter, because teams are small, across the entire company.
We aren't building the next World of Warcraft, Legend of Zelda, or Slay the Spire. We make casual, evergreen, mobile games played by millions of people, everyday. That's a con, or a pro, depending on what you want.1
- 5.0May 5, 2023Senior Audio ProducerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsIrvine, CA
* The company strives to deliver great results. Teams typically have enough time to create high quality product. * Management is focused on team member wellness, physical and mental * MobilityWare creates more casual, family-focused product, which I enjoy working on. My mom loves playing our games!
* MW concentrates on hiring nice people, and being nice in general. However, sometimes this focus on being nice can lead to excessive conflict avoidance. For example, I've seen this get in the way of making hard firing choices that needed to be done.
- 5.0Jul 14, 2023Software Engineer ICurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Fast paced, great perks, great people, exciting problems to solve.
Some projects are less exciting than others, but there's always plenty to learn.MobilityWare Response5mo
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your work, your teammates, and the atmosphere at MobilityWare. We are glad that you are finding new opportunities to grow no matter which project you are working on. We hope that you enjoy some of the exciting new games we will be releasing in the coming weeks and months.
- 5.0Dec 7, 2022Associate Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearIrvine, CA
With all the articles in the past few years detailing the prominence of crunch culture in the games industry, I am very happy that every meeting at MobilityWare discussing how to deliver sooner includes at least one member of management re enforcing the idea that working longer hours is not sustainable and that we are looking for ways to work smarter, not looking to change the culture. I think this focus on creating and maintaining an encouraging, supportive, and pleasant working environment really speaks to the company culture as a whole, and shows management understands that happy employees are motivated to create high quality work. Oh, also the compensation and health benefits are very competitive, and there is a wide range of retirement savings options available. And the office is very nice with a free espresso vending machine that actually makes good coffee.
The company does not provide any matching 401K contribution, but does have a profit sharing contribution. This might end up being the same but leaves some uncertainty regarding the contribution amount.3
- 5.0May 25, 2023Associate RecruiterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOrange, CA
Excellent team work, the company will treat you like family. Fun environment, cozy studio
I actually do not have any cons to share about MobilityWare. I am truly fortunate to work here.
MobilityWare Reviews FAQs
MobilityWare has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 117 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at MobilityWare to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
90% of MobilityWare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MobilityWare 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.