Moody's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moody's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2018

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Typical questions.

Associate Interview

Interview

Only had round phone interview with them. Interviewed by two assoicates at the same time from the same group. They asked quesitons on rusume. Nothing unexpected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round was a call with a current group director. Really nice, mostly just fit and past experiences. The second/final round was a superset in their NY office, pretty quick, did two interviews with two people at a time. Both were a combination of resume/past experience and technicals.

Interview Questions

• What ratios do you find most important in evaluating a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiter the company employed had no idea which position they were interviewing me for. They asked me questions that are illegal and were very pushy and rude when I deferred. The recruiter mentioned several times that they were unlikely to remember me and my responses because they talk to so many people a day. I was not confident that they would be able to pass on appropriate notes to the hiring manager about my suitability for the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Initial phone conversation followed by an onsite. Not a great experience. Interviewers were more keen on speaking about why I did not fit into the role than talking about my resume. HR till date has not yet replied to many mails for an update.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between normal debt and mortgage backed debt?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's in March 2017.

Interview

Moody's outsources the HR team. The recruiter was very nice and patient. They needs candidates with strong quantitative and programming skills. Finance knowledge is not mandatory.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Honestly? This company should be completely embarrassed by how their HR is run. This isn't my first time applying at Moody's but it will certainly be my last; this is my third time to have such a negative experience that I felt obligated to write a post on glass door and forewarn people.

They outsource their HR; who are so disorganized and vague it's amazing. A few years ago I spent half a day interviewing at Moody's and the HR rep couldn't be bothered to answer any of my followup emails are calls. Similar experience the second time. This time around, I was invited to an onsite interview, only to promptly be told via email two days later that they went with another candidate.

Company should def be aware the poor treatment but their recruitment people is a solid strategy to lose solid candidates - I will not be applying again, and honestly, I think that's Moody's loss.

Interview Questions

• Typical gov't debt questions   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's in December 2016.

Interview

My experience was typical from what I've read here. I initially applied to a lower level position but the recruiter called me and said I'd be a better fit for the AA role. Phone screen with a lead analyst and then was called in for a superday at their office in NYC. People were late, the order of interviewers was not true to schedule, people dropped off and were replaced, and I also had a 2:1 screen. Interviewers ranged from engaged and personable to disinterested and standoffish. The company outsources its HR group, and everything is overall disorganized and felt chaotic. Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of personnel that met with me, though an offer never came.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Very long, drawn-out process that was poorly managed. Multiple HR people were in touch with me, and it seemed like there was no communication between them as I was repeatedly asked the same questions. The interview process lasted over four months, I believe. I went through several rounds of interviews and HR didn't even have the decency to let me know I had been declined an offer. I found out the news after calling HR several times and finally speaking with someone.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were all a mix of personality/fit questions and technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

I sent my resume online and was contacted by a recruiter about a month later and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview took about 30 minutes and consisted of skills questions. The next day, i was contacted to come in for a personal interview. Interviewed one on one with three AVP's and one Analyst. The questions were more of the personality variety than the skills. The interviewers were all nice, respectful and answered all my questions about the company and their jobs.