Moody's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moody's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2018

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

It was a relatively easy interview. The professionals were great to talk to. They understand that you are a applying for an entry level role so they won’t hit you with something you haven’t seen in basic finance.

Interview Questions

• What are the three financial statements? What are the three parts of the cash flow statement? How do you calculate CFO?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Received an interview after applying for a position through the company website. Had a screener interview with an external recruiter, followed by in person interview with 6 people. Format was behaviorial.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience and how it translates to this role.   Answer Question

Financial Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (San Francisco, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Went into the office in downtown San Francisco. I met with two people (manager and another associate) who both asked me behavioral questions. Relatively easy interview; no technical questions asked in the first round. Asked me to go through my resume, highlighting some of my past experience that would be very applicable to the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

After looking through your resume and course experience, it's mostly behavioral. One interview with one interviewer, assessing your interest in the position, how much you know about it and Moody's, and then how does your personality fit with their culture.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you and someone else disagreed on something, like how to go about a project, and how did you deal with the disagreement?   Answer Question

Senior Reporting Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with Moody's hiring managers for a Sr Reporting Architect position. We had a conversation about my experience (10 years in BI space) and details of the role. They asked general questions about my experience with technologies and business processes, which i explained with past work experience related examples; in hopes to provide them a full picture of what i can bring to the table. This role was suppose to be liaison between IT and business so it required someone who has proven record of working within such environments and also communicate effectively with both IT and business. And i have been fortunate enough to do it for multiple fortune 500 companies and this seemed like an ideal fit.
    I received feedback from the team which was "I over explained my answers !!". Once i heard that i actually laughed because first of all it was a DISCUSSION about my experience and what makes me a good fit for the job and secondly it seemed that the people interviewing me actually didn't have a good grasp on the subject matter so i had to politely (at times) extend an answer to give them a full picture or context of the proposed solution.
    I directly reached out to the manager on linkedin to provide more details regarding their feedback so i can improve any short comings for future opportunities but never heard back.

Recommendation for Moody's management: I have not been given a good/believable reason for why i received the above listed feedback, but i don't believe that the feedback is even remotely believable or reflects any truth for my experience. It seems the interviewers were younger professionals themselves who were tasked to judge a individual above their skillset, and rather than appreciating the discussion they ended up giving a bad review (needless to say that interviews were working for one of the biggest offshore services companies but interviewing me for a fulltime role at Moodys). I am not upset or offended because as its true in sports or any other career/profession in life " 'A level' players play with 'A' players and 'C level' players play with C players :)

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Had the first round phone interview with a super nice AVP. He was kind and responsive. And then flew to NYC for the second round on site. There were a few candidates there having the super day.

They outsourced the HR department, so it was quite hassled to communicate with them to schedule the travel plan. I am still waiting on how to submit my reimbursement. The interviewers acted really professional and were willing to give you their business cards but they never responded the Thank You emails or follow-ups. So that might be an indication that I did not get the job.

The overall interview was interesting and engaging. There weren't many technical questions. Most behavioral. Anyway, congrats on those who received an offer from them! Good Luck!

Financial Data Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Phone interview - hr
    another phone interview - hiring manager
    in person interview 1 on 1 with 4 people.

I didn't get an offer, I suspect they were looking for someone to stay long term, and it seems like once you get into the door, you can move to other areas of the firm easily. Think I should have played the I want to be a financial data associate for a long time card.

Interview Questions

• They ask the same thing over and over again. first two was fit, 3rd was technical, last was repetitive   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

This was for Financial Systems team in Moody's Shared Services
    First Step: HR called and asked my availability for the next day to set up the phone interview with the hiring manager.

Second Step: Had phone interview with hiring manager- He asked about general resume questions and some simple behavioral questions but was interrupting a lot when I was answering. Was a complete bully and was not ready to listen and did not even let me complete one answer properly. Complete lack of respect for the candidate. He called me late by 5 mins and said I only have 25 mins so let's make it fast.

Followed up with HR 3-4 times who gave me vague reasons that hiring manager is traveling, I'm taking a flight can I call you tomorrow.

Finally called him again and he said "Oh sorry, I thought we connected earlier". He had no idea what was going on with the process.

Such unprofessionalism is not expected from Moody's. I'm happy to not go ahead with the process considering how the hiring manager treats candidates in the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe previous work experience

2. Why are you looking for change so early( I interviewed when I was 9 months into my last job but have 3 years of experience before that)   Answer Question

Vice President, Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview with screener; then in-person interview with 5 people for 30min/each. Everyone was very nice and very smart. Had a mix of technical questions as well as fit. Were interested in what made me think i would like working at a rating agency (background is asset management).

Interview Questions

• Had a mix of technical questions as well as fit. So make sure you know the area   Answer Question

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

HR call, asked about some basic accounting questions as of types of financial statements, items on balance sheet.... The lady said that she would get back after a week, if management decided to interview.

Interview Questions

• HR asked to give an off balance sheet item, describe the financial statements, describe the items on a balance sheet, give some asset accounts, some behavior questions, expected salary.   1 Answer