Moody's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moody's Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

I applied to Moody's online and received an email within a week to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter on behalf of Moody's corporation. The phone interview went well it was a pre screen interview to select the best candidate for the position of administrative assistant

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

I received an e-mail few days after I submitted my application. In the first round I was interviewed by a senior officer. In the second round 4 analyst interviewed me. Very technical questions,

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Very long, drawn-out process that was poorly managed. Multiple HR people were in touch with me, and it seemed like there was no communication between them as I was repeatedly asked the same questions. The interview process lasted over four months, I believe. I went through several rounds of interviews and HR didn't even have the decency to let me know I had been declined an offer. I found out the news after calling HR several times and finally speaking with someone.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were all a mix of personality/fit questions and technical questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round was a call with a current group director. Really nice, mostly just fit and past experiences. The second/final round was a superset in their NY office, pretty quick, did two interviews with two people at a time. Both were a combination of resume/past experience and technicals.

Interview Questions

• What ratios do you find most important in evaluating a company?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiter the company employed had no idea which position they were interviewing me for. They asked me questions that are illegal and were very pushy and rude when I deferred. The recruiter mentioned several times that they were unlikely to remember me and my responses because they talk to so many people a day. I was not confident that they would be able to pass on appropriate notes to the hiring manager about my suitability for the role.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Moody's in September 2017.

Interview

Short but technical. Asked a lot of questions about financial statement analysis as well as what makes the company different from other credit rating agencies. Didn't get the offer and the questions were both behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the three financial statement if you buy off $30,000 of debt   Answer Question

Financial Data Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's in August 2017.

Interview

FAIR WARNING TO FUTURE APPLICANTS.

I applied to Moody’s for the position and got an email from HR to set up an initial phone interview. The next step is a phone call with one of the managers, then I got called down to the office for an in person interview. The initial process took roughly 2-3 weeks before an in person interview, and HR was up to date throughout the process.

After the on site interview, you are completely ghosted from everyone you talk to from HR to the managers you interview with. The company doesn’t even have the decency to keep you updated throughout the process. I realize hiring may take long, but after following up numerous times, no one even has the initiative to reach back out to you.

It is a shame that a company of this magnitude doesn’t even have the professionalism to reach back out to potential new hires. They don’t update your online applicant status, or reach back out via email or phone. They tell you they are looking to move “quick” and will have a decision “within 1-2 weeks.” Completely unprofessional on all accounts by ghosting candidates and make them wonder where they stand. It’s pathetic and hopefully they are able to improve on this considering the line of business the company does.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

applied through a recruiting company and got a face-to-face interview after couple weeks. The whole process was really easy and pleasant. I was interviewed by the project manager, she briefly asked my previous experience and asked my background. Then I talked to the VP, and it was short and pleasant.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

initial 15 minute chat w/ hr about the position after applying on their website. scheduled a convenient time to interview for 30 minutes each w/ 4 analysts a week or so later. the analysts were a mix of senior analysts in the group and the manager.

Interview Questions

• asked generic questions about reasons for leaving, why moody's etc. the group specific question was, if you were to rate your college, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with upper management. Syntelinc they have the IT contract. They wanted a complete breakdown of every job I have worked. It was nonstop harassment. I have never experience anything like this before. WARNING: Beware of this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about everything you every worked on. Over one hour and half. It was insane!   1 Answer
    • What is your age? asked three times. Weight? asked twice, Have you missed any work do to health issues, because I'm Veteran ? asked twice.   1 Answer
    • What's you sexual orientation ?   1 Answer
    • After one hour and half, being asked to break down every possible little thing.   1 Answer