Mortenson Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 95 of over 95 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Mortenson

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mortenson in May 2022

Interview

They had six meetings with me over the course of a month each over 30 minutes in length. The first five where via Zoom and the last in person. They make you meet with power brokers at the company and give you the indication you're moving forward in the process but only one of them makes the decision. They also pick most convenient times such as 7:15am in person in their downtown office. In the end they had zero issue ghosting you without a definitive answer or reply even if you're in their final selection. There engineers and operations are competent but the recruiters especially their hiring manager seem evasive. Don't count on an offer even if you feel you're in your 5th interview. They also declined to provide feedback.

Interview Questions
  • How would you approach a school for information and candidates?
    1 Answer

Mortenson

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mortenson

Interview

It was very relaxing, very subtle questions involving interests in the industry and company. An interview where you can talk about your previous experiences. Very back and forth in terms of communication.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for us? What makes you interested in the construction industry?

Mortenson

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mortenson in Mar 2022

Interview

Interview process was so easy and the interviewers were incredibly friendly. They clearly want to get to know you as a person, which made it seem very authentic! I felt very at ease.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mortenson

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mortenson in Sep 2021

Interview

It was a good interview, they were so kind and lovely. I feel very calm and wasnt nervous. It was just a get to know you interview, so it was fine.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mortenson

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Mortenson in Jul 2021

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn for Potential estimator opportunities with the company. We had the initial HR interview to go over the basics. He later told me that he would reach out for second round with a technical interview. But, that never happened. Every other month I would circle back & the response would be same they are looking for estimators & want to schedule something but that day never came. I never got an email saying I'm no longer in consideration. Didn't expect this unprofessionalism from a company like mortenson.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mortenson

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mortenson

Interview

Very friendly staff they asked me a few questions about behavior and my experience in the industry overall great experience would highly recommend. It was only one interview and it was in a career fair the interviewer was very friendly and I heard back from them a few weeks later

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mortenson

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Mortenson in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview process was very organized. You interview with two people for 30 minutes each. Both of my interviewers were down to earth which made it really easy for me to be myself.

Interview Questions
  • One thing they would like to know is how well you work with others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mortenson (Denver, CO) in Mar 2021

Interview

It was an online interview with two employees. One who was younger, and the other was a manager. It was an ordinary interview and made it very comfort during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • How did you get to hear about us? What position/industry would you be interested in?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mortenson (Milwaukee, WI) in Feb 2021

Interview

Got a phone call with HR, the set up an interview Interview with the MEP engineer. The interview was with the Microsoft team app, the interview was easy going and lasted about 30 minutes. It was my first time doing a video call and was a good first experience.

Interview Questions
  • Do you remember an unexpected event, and how did you handle it?

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Mortenson (Houston, TX)

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Then I had a preliminary in-person interview with the hiring manager followed by a second interview with upper management. The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions were common entry-level IT questions as well as customer service related questions.
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Interviews

Mortenson Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Mortenson as 82.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.73 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Project Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Field Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Mortenson takes an average of 29 days when considering 104 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Project Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 4 days), whereas Intern roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 40 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Mortenson according to 104 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 29.28%