Mortenson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mortenson Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2017

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mortenson.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a career fair and applied online. They emailed me to schedule a phone interview. No technical questions, mostly behavioral questions. Asked about projects and leadership experience.

Estimator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mortenson in November 2017.

Interview

Straightforward and direct, learning about you type of interview. Questions about your resume, previous experience and general behavioral questions. Easy and laid-back process. Was more of a chat between the interviewer and I.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mortenson (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

typical interview questions mostly behavioral ones. it was not a stressful interview for me because I was so prepared but since I am an international student they did not offer me the job in order to avoid visa sponsorship.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      past experience
      stressful situation
      weakness and strength   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mortenson in October 2017.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview after a college career fair. It was with a hiring manager, a senior engineer and a project engineer. Very relaxed, and more about creating a good conversation to get to know more about me.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you made a mistake and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mortenson (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I was recruited at my schools career fair and had the first interview on my campus. I was then chosen for the second round of interviews and flew to the headquarters at no cost to me. The interviews were one day with 3 people individually and there was a group of about 25 prospective hires that went through the process with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you took leadership.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mortenson (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

Professional, HR gives prompt status updates, talking to your interviewers is enlightening; they give you good insights into Mortenson and what makes it tick, and the type of person you need to be to be a cultural fit. I can tell company culture and maintaining it is extremely important to management.

Estimator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mortenson.

Interview

Very fast pace and friendly, prescreen call interview before meeting with departments. Nothing negative, simple interview to gauge personality. After the phone interview I had a in person with a department head and others. It was over the course of an hour or so, other team members were invited in as well.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was first contacted by Human Resources in Minneapolis for a phone interview that lasted one hour. I was asked to meet with the hiring manager the following week. That interview along with skills testing lasted 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a company   1 Answer

Integrated Construction Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mortenson in November 2016.

Interview

I attended the campus job fair and applied online. I received contact from the HR after 2 weeks. The first phone call was with the HR about my background. The second phone call was with the supervisor of the team for technical questions for this particular job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience about BIM.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mortenson (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I visited their table at a national conference and was given an interview for that same day. The interview was a 2:1 interview that lasted approximately 20 minutes. I had an offer from another company so I heard back within 11 days.