MuleSoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MuleSoft

3.1

Corporate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position and was contacted by their recruiter shortly afterwards. I went through 4+ hours of interviews, met with 5 people, was asked tons of questions (some of which were unrelated to the position) and gave them LOADS of ideas (including having HR respond to negative feedback on Glassdoor to mitigate damage) only to receive a canned response via email telling me that my "background did not appear to be a close enough match." It was signed "Regards, MuleSoft Staffing." I thought that was very disrespectful. I sent an email to the recruiter with whom I first spoke asking about that email and never heard back.

If my 'background wasn't a fit', then why bring me in? Shouldn't that have been determined in the preliminary interviews? Perhaps they were just fishing for ideas. Regardless, it was a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our social media, how could we do better? What do you think about our career page, what would you do to to make it better? What budget would you recommend for 2016? If you got the job, what would be the first thing you'd do? How would you go about bringing in more candidates? How would you go about getting more employees to provide reviews on Glassdoor? How would you go about increasing our positive reviews from employees on Glassdoor? There were also a few data questions/quizzes regarding a/b testing on email campaigns.   Answer Question

Jan 18, 2016 – Vice President, Corporate Marketing

I am sorry to hear about your experience. When we interview candidates for a role, we ask questions about how they will approach the work in that role. The intent is not to fish for ideas, but to... More

Contracts Negotiator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

Communicated through email and then follow up on phone - very enthusiastic and professional HR members. Not the fit for me but was impressed with the interaction. They even followed up within a few days to say they moved on to other candidates which I appreciated.

People Operations Interview

Interview

Pretty standard interview for the most part. However, everyone I spoke to REALLY emphasized how this was not a 9-5 job and deliberately made it come off as you will have 0 work life balance. They also focused a lot on schooling and GPA even though it had been a few years since I finished school. The SVP also made the interview feel like an interrogation and I completely lost interest. :(

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA when you graduated?   1 Answer

Jan 28, 2018 – Head of Global People & Places

I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us! I completely understand your concern that "not a 9-5 job" can sound like "no work/life balance." We are working hard to ensure that the time Muleys put... More

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was great! Everyone is friendly and helpful and always makes sure to answer your questions. It was a little slow but you have to be sure to check-in with the recruiters and ask lots of questions to show your interest in the position and company. Overall, it was a great experience because the people are phenomenal and the company wants to hire the best.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about past projects, metrics, and values.   1 Answer

Feb 27, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad you enjoyed the overall process. We appreciate the candor about the process being a little slow. We agree and therefore reducing our interview... More

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone screen with the recruiter, then I did a technical phone interview with group tech lead. Phone interview questions are performance area related, then followed with a coding question. Everything went well and I had onsite interview with 4 people at SF office (3 in person and one phone call). First round is a ~2hr (or 90 mins, I don't remember) pair programming excise, the problem is not performance area specific, but the difficulty is medium level, but with corner cases. The engineer who did pair programming with me was patient and professional, just like my co-worker! Other three interviews are a mix of technical and behavior questions. In general, my interview experience is great, the interviewees are nice and my interview experience is great. Last but not the least, my recruiter is very professional and helpful, he accommodates my schedule for phone calls since I am in a different time zone, and he always provides updates about my interview progress, and he helped me get an offer approved in a short amount of time.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MuleSoft in August 2017.

Interview

Had a phone call with the recruiter, basic questions about the background. At the end said i will be getting a link for coding challenge. 2 days later got mail from same recruiter not moving forward with me. Mulesoft is just wasting time of the candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

Applied online. Brief phone call asking about my resume, then I was emailed a link to a challenge (two weeks to complete) which I chose not to complete since it looked like a huge amount of work.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview of about 30 minutes. She talked about the company, the group and asked me several questions baout my backgound and available date. She also talked about the next step of this job application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MuleSoft (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied through university's carrier board.
    Received a link within two weeks with coding questions to be solved.
    The time limit was around one hour.
    It was one of those online coding environments.
    Questions were based on tree traversal, specifically on binary trees.
    You need to be quick with your code and make sure that test cases are properly taken care of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Personally, it was the biggest waste of my time, and a despicable interview process. If you're reading this, save yourself some misery and turn away from this company.

It was the typical format:
    1) Recruiter screening
    2) Technical screening
    3) Onsite

The technical screening uses Karat to test you, and the question, as mentioned in previous posts, is not too challenging.

When going to the onsite, this is where things got strange. The first round was a coding challenge where the interviewer spent most of his time on his laptop or on his phone. He was unhelpful, and it was completely unprofessional, but of course I can't just say that. I was just given the problem, without much context, and told to figure it out. The next round was behavioral, just some guy taking notes while you talk about your background. The last round was a system design question where the interviewer is just grilling you with questions until you can't figure out how to do something. It is at this point where he seems to have made up his mind on you. Again, this person will be on his cell phone while you sweat out how to do something on the whiteboard. I think if I were to answer my previous questions a little bit slower, then I would have passed.

Probably the worst part is scheduling interviews with the recruiter. The recruiter had an attitude that I had to put up with, and is very very unresponsive.

I really liked the company product coming in, but everything about this interview process makes me very angry looking back.

To summarize, turn the other way and don't look back.