MuleSoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Customer Success Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MuleSoft (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiter via LinkedIn, and an initial phone screening was scheduled. After I spoke to the Recruiter, a phone interview with the Director of Customer Success was scheduled. The call went well and I was invited to a recruiter dinner event. The event was a great experience, which allowed me to learn more about the company and meet many key members of the company. I was then scheduled for two additional phone interviews with different Solutions Architects. After the second phone interview with a Solutions Architect, the communication slowed down. I was then contacted with the news that the company was going to adjust the job description to look for someone more along the lines of a Software Engineer. This was not part of the original job description. This was really disappointing, because at this point I was really excited about the position. Then a few weeks later, the Recruiter contacted me again to tell me they had once again changed their mind. They decided that they have Software Engineers, and that should not be a requirement for this position. I was invited to once again continue with the interview process, which I accepted. I was asked to create a unique MuleSoft application, using a descriptive document I was provided. It was up to me to use any available resources online to learn the MuleSoft Anypoint Studio and create the application. Once I had the application completed, I was to come in for a face-to-face interview for half of a day. I would meet with two gentleman for coffee in the morning, meet with the VP for a 45 minute one-on-one, and then present my application to three gentleman over a 30 minute period. However, during the period where I was told they were going in a different direction, I began interviewing with other companies. Before I came in for the final round of the interview process, another company made me a very good offer and I decided to go with them. Had that change in job requirements not have happened, I would have likely accepted an offer from MuleSoft. However, due to that, another opportunity came along and I went that route.

Interview Questions

• Create a MuleSoft application using Anypoint Studio and present it to a panel of MuleSoft employees   1 Answer

Aug 13, 2017 – Director, Customer Success Architecture

I really appreciate you taking the time to interview with us and come to our VIP dinner, and I appreciate your feedback. While I'm thrilled you got a positive impression of the company and were able... More

Account Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

I dropped my resume online and in person at the career fair, heard back that I had received a video interview invite. Completed the video interview, where I had unlimited time to think about questions, and unlimited takes. Then heard back within a week that I would not be advancing on to the next round.

Interview Questions

MuleSoft Response

Oct 18, 2017 – Account Development Recruiter

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

Submit a video and very impersonal when you try and email them

Interview Questions

• What have you overcome in your life that prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft in October 2017.

Interview

I applied via linkedIn and was contacted by their recruiter to setup an initial phone screen. The call lasted about 45min and the recruiter was able to clearly lay out the role of the job, the overall structure of the team and how the workload was spread across the team.

About a week after the initial phone screen, the recruiter scheduled me for a phone screen with the hiring manager. On the day of the phone screen, the hiring manager didn't dial me until after 30min later. He emphatically apologized for being late and said he just "messed up". This didn't really give me a very good impression of the hiring manager or the company. Nonetheless he proceeded to suggest we connect later or that he could move his appointments around. Eventually, I decided that it would be best to have this call now while he is on the line since this call wasn't a priority to him to begin with. The hiring manager was also very brief in his responses to some of my questions and left me with the impression that I was wasting his time (and mine as well!).

The hiring manager mentioned that there would be two rounds of onsite interviews and proceeded to tell me that the recruiter would follow-up in about a week's time concerning next-steps. I received the rejection email the following week from the recruiter. I asked the recruiter to give any feedback that the hiring manager might have offered, but haven't heard back from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Mulesoft? Name of the companies that you worked with on some deals. Name of the vendors that you signed agreements with. How did you measure your level of success?   Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

They are the Uncle Rico’s of interviews. Why do they ask college centric questions if you have several years of post-grad experience? Step up to the big leagues & actually have your recruiters read and process resumes- they’re not doing you any favors in selling the corporate culture or day-to-day, if I wanted to answer robotic questions for half an hour I would have dialed a customer service line.

Interview Questions

MuleSoft Response

Oct 9, 2017 – Talent Team

Sorry you didn't have a good experience interviewing with us! We appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MuleSoft (Remote, OR).

Interview

First Recruiter called and was very good in sharing information on Mulesoft and Job Description. Then Regional Services Director called for phone screen. All he asked was speak about your work and what attracts you to Mule soft . I personally feel i have done good job in explaining this. Then i didn't hear from Recruiter for a week and was curiously waiting for technical rounds. Then after follow up with them email comes saying not fit for this role.
    This is very disheartening and i feel simple these guys wasted time of a candidate.
    I have heard this from couple of other people too who applied for Mule-soft.

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MuleSoft in September 2017.

Interview

A well run interview process. The 2nd round interviews which include a presentation and a demo on the Mulesoft platform were challenging but well structured with a good script scenario for this phase of interview

Interview Questions

• Give an example of what you consider your most challenging client situation and how you managed it   Answer Question

Sep 25, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed your experience!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MuleSoft (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

On campus interview. Talk about resume projects and intern first. Then did an algorithm coding on paper about linked list. There were also some basic java questions, like the difference between hashmap and hashset.

Interview Questions

MuleSoft Response

Sep 25, 2017 – Associate University Recruiter

Glad you had a great experience. Welcome to the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MuleSoft (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through the MuleSoft website and was contacted fairly quickly by their HR rep. She was very helpful and provided me with all the necessary information for my upcoming interview. After several nights of reading case studies, white page reports, articles and other resources they provide on their website, I felt I was prepped and ready to go.

The first call required nothing but my personal accomplishments, the second call was literally the exact same conversation but with a current ADR at MuleSoft. This was a little confusing due to the fact that after countless hours of research, and their "we only hire A-Players" mentality--the interview boiled down to a couple questions on "what gets you out of the bed in the morning." (If you have an interview coming up, I would not be stressed on knowing really anything about MuleSoft.)

I passed both interviews I was offered to fly to Chicago to attend a "Recruitment Seminar". This is where I assumed my technical research would come into play--I was wrong again.

The group I was with sat though an eight hour day that was composed of one presentation, two group exercises and one final interview. The only real constructive section of the seminar was when our group had the chance to sit down with the current staff at the office. The goal was to gain a sense of the day-to-day life as an ADR (FINALLY!) although, the process lasted about 10-12 minutes and we were back to figuring out which objects we need to survive on the moon. One current employee stated "I still don't even know what an API is?" - what?!?

Overall I would say the process is tedious and not very constructive. I think MuleSoft is a great company that provides an excellent product, but they are missing the target when it comes to interviewing. It is very important to hire the best of the best; employees that will work together and are great people. Yet, your fait does not lie with your future coworkers, your previous sales record, writing expertise, or knowledge of the company. It depends on two or three San Francisco employees giving their recommendation to HR after each having a 15 min phone interview with you.

Like most of the reviews on here, I was told I fit the mold perfectly, was an "A-Player", and then rejected the following week over the phone. After trying to figure out where I fell short, or gain some insight for future interviews, I was told, "all notes are private". I made it through two phone interviews, an email exercise, an eight hour seminar, a private interview/pitch (all told I would be moving on) then rejected after a final 15 min interview.

My advice to management - Get to know your prospects more. Each interview is the exact same. Tell us more about the day-to-day. Give constructive criticism! Have your current employees spend time with us. If they made the cut, their opinions should have a strong impact on who is hired!

*Any Parks & Rec fans (when it comes to interviewing) MuleSoft felt like I was at Gryzzl.

Interview Questions

MuleSoft Response

Aug 21, 2017 – Talent Team

I appreciate your thorough commentary on your interview experience, as we're constantly trying to improve and ensure that it's mutually beneficial and transparent. I'm sorry we weren't able to... More

Salesforce Developer Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

Took five weeks from starting to the 5th round.

I was given a coding exercise and asked to complete which I did and had a review call with manager.

I completed the coding exercise and had a review with hiring manager.I answered all his questions and what ever the exercise was given to me completed on time.

But unfortunately was told they were not considering me with out any reason suprinsingly.

After spending so much time and effort, it was disappointing to get a standard response that they are not moving with me which was disappointing.

I asked the exact reason for not considering me so that I can improve on it because I was completely involved in it after spending lot of time and emotions.

It's very unfortunate and hope they realize ,people's emotions are also important after coming so far in the process.

Interview Questions

MuleSoft Response

Sep 5, 2017 – Sr. Manager, Talent

I appreciate that you took the time to interview with us, and I'm sorry the role wasn't a fit. I hope you were able to get the feedback you needed—if there is anything you need clarity on, please... More

Office Manager/Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MuleSoft (New York, NY).

Interview

One phone interview, two Zoom video interviews and two on-site interviews. Very welcoming and friendly team. I had the pleasure of working with Brian and Alexa for scheduling all of the interviews. They were very responsive and checked in on me to see how the progress was going. The interview questions were pretty standard, one that stands out though was where the interviewer asked me how I organized my spice rack. LOVED that question! From what I've seen they are a lovely group of people. I unfortunately did not receive an offer as they believed I was not a right fit for the position.

Interview Questions

MuleSoft Response

Aug 20, 2017 – Recruiter

I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Best of luck!