MuleSoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MuleSoft Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

initial phone call with 1 round following online coding assessment (easy-mid level), then followed by an onsite interview; doubled checked with recruiter if it's ok to use c++ and got the positive answer, but turned out they only allowed to use other languages, have met the recruiter and got a short "sorry and good luck"; few days later received the rejection call because of the coding ability is not "satisfied with the required level"; during the coding process 1 hour was wasted trying to connect WIFI... nothing else

Interview Questions

• parse the html format level; batches of test case were provided to verify the code   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First round with the recruiter over the phone, then with another admin over the phone done in the first week. Scheduled an in person with some of the admin's and some of the people I would have supported early the following week. They scheduled assessment immediately following. Next step would be back in the office to meet in person to meet with everyone you would support.

Lovely people, all very passionate about their jobs. Great EA team, a highly qualified group. Wasn't the right fit for me but will be a great job for the right person.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything about your past work experience that you feel would help you in this fast paced role?   1 Answer

Jan 18, 2017 – Talent marketing

Appreciate your review and feedback! Thanks for taking the time to go through our process with us.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MuleSoft in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for Associate Software Engineering position with MuleSoft. The process involved a live video coding challenge with Karat. First, there were issues with audio so the person called on my phone. I was able to solve both the basic question and the follow-up part but they sent me a rejection email without any explanations. There process is the worst process ever among the companies I have interviewed.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Entire process lasted ~2 weeks, recruiter was fantastic and walked me through the entire process, was happy to answer any of my questions. Everyone I spoke with gave very clear information on the type of candidate MuleSoft is looking for and I felt as though I received a well-rounded picture of the company. Ended up getting through to the penultimate round. Call/email test was difficult and knowledge of the product is definitely necessary, overall a fair interview process though. They definitely know what they're looking for

Interview Questions

• What would someone who doesn't like you say about you?   Answer Question

Dec 19, 2016 – Talent Team

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience interviewing with us. Hiring is our top priority and we love to hear feedback. We wish you all the best in your search, thanks again for your ... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. One way video interview. Something I had never done before but enjoyed the experience and I think is a good interview tool. Allows for many different people at the company to review the questions and is a lot more telling than a phone interview. I know others only allot a certain amount of time/chances to answer but this one was unlimited.

Interview Questions

• What was a past challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

online interview through karat, was fine, probably was too slow and didnt get the next interview so was okay, intervidwer was nice, the emails were generic didnt know what else to say, blah, was good, interesting, god begginer interview aa

Interview Questions

MuleSoft Response

Nov 23, 2016 – Talent marketing

Thanks for your review and taking the time to get to know us. Best of luck in future endeavors!

Software Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

The first step was a technical phone screen that involved a live coding challenge. The second step was a short, HR interview over the phone with one of the recruiters. Afterwards, I made it to the final round (3 interviews), but MuleSoft cancelled my interviews, stating that they already decided to move forward with other candidates. From my experience, MuleSoft is unprofessional and rude.

Interview Questions

MuleSoft Response

Nov 6, 2016 – Senior Manager, Corporate Marketing

I'm sorry you felt that our process didn't give you a positive experience, as we always strive for the best experience possible, no matter the outcome. We always want to make sure a role is the best ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

An hour long phone interview. Asked me a project on my resume, questions like what the most difficult part when you doing this project. I talked about the design patterns I used in it, so he asked me to explain a few design patterns. Then he gave me a coding problem on the other webpage, solve it in about 15 minutes, then he modified the condition of the problem and asked me to modify my code for the new condition.

Interview Questions

MuleSoft Response

Nov 11, 2016 – Senior Manager, Corporate Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to interview with us! If you have any other feedback, feel free to reach out to us directly.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to this position via LinkedIn and received an email from one of the current Recruiting Coordinators to set up a phone interview 3 business days later, which was scheduled for the following week. We scheduled a phone interview with the Talent Operations Manager for the following week.
    During the phone interview, the TOM started out by asking about my college experience (I graduated a year and a half ago), including my GPA. She then moved on to ask questions about my work experience, specifically looking to learn about any process improvements I had made. She was completely transparent about how I was doing throughout the conversation, listing the specific qualities she was looking for in a RC candidate and even telling me what to prepare for in following interviews.
    I received an email from another current RC the next day asking for my availability to schedule an on-site interview. At the on-site, she gave me a tour of the office and even came to sit with me between each conversation I had, making me feel completely welcome and comfortable. I interviewed with three different people – the North America Director of Talent, a current RC, and the TOM again. The first two interviews were mostly conversational mixed in with some specific questions, but overall very comfortable. The third was the most challenging, question-wise, as she delved deeper into the process changes we had discussed on the phone, but she gave great feedback the whole time. At the end she told me she wanted to have me come in for a final interview with the VP of Talent, and before I left we scheduled it for the following week.
    Unfortunately, the day before my final interview was scheduled the TOM called me to tell me they had filled the RC role that day, so they wouldn't be moving forward with my final interview after all. Regardless, she referred me to a friend at another company hiring for the same role, and even followed through the same day to help me set up an interview with him.
    Overall it was an exceptional interview process with complete transparency, which seems to say a lot about the company as a whole. The recruiting team keeps you moving through the process as quickly as possible (it took about 3 1/2 weeks in total).

Interview Questions

• What was your overall takeaway from your university experience?   1 Answer
    • What is a process improvement you have made?   Answer Question

Nov 14, 2016 – Talent Operations Manager

It was great to meet you! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and for taking the time to get to know us. We definitely try out best to create a good experience so it's much ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First thing first, extremely disappointed with the management of this company. Applied in Spring for Internship, interviewed over phone/ shared doc for 4+ rounds, got an oral offer, revoked a week later for headcount reason. This time for full time position, interviewed 3 rounds of technical screening, scheduled an onsite interview, and I was just told that they are not moving forward because of headcount reason again. So basically a newly hired director decided to cut new hire and the interview process ends.

Same thing happened twice. What does that say about the company? Bad management. So interviewers please be aware because their interviews are very time consuming.

The actual full time position interview experience in time order:
    1. chat about logistics
    2. 1-hr 3rd party technical screening lasted. 1 medium algorithm question with several followups.
    3. 2-hr pair programming on an object-oriented task over shared doc
    4. 1-hr technical screening, half about experience, half on an algorithm question.
    5. potentially on-site, 4 rounds back to back with engineers and directors

Interview Questions

MuleSoft Response

Dec 7, 2016 – VP Engineering

No excuses for this—the issue here is a miscommunication on our end, and for that I’m sorry. If you’re open to it, I’d love to discuss this further, please reach out to me directly. Thanks for taking ... More