MuleSoft Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
MuleSoft President & CEO Greg Schott
Greg Schott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I realize saying a company has great people is subjective, but the more people I grow to know at this company, the more I love it" (in 17 reviews)

• "Strong, smart people who really care" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "work-life balance is all on you" (in 22 reviews)

• "Not a 9-5 -- this is a high growth company & the best teammates are committed to the company fully" (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best ride of my life"

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I truly believe that MuleSoft will prepare you to be successful anywhere. Employees have a lot of autonomy and the ability to create their own futures. I've seen many people grow their careers and be promoted, but also make lateral moves to grow personal skills. If you're driven and curious, this is the place to be.

My coworkers are genuinely good people that look after one-another. It's rare to find that in a workplace. There's a sense of security and awesome friendship, and the folks you work with (peers, managers, direct reports) will always have your back and want to see you succeed. It makes you want to work harder when you know you're accountable to someone.

Cons

We're growing like crazy and can't hire fast enough. Our bar for talent is extremely high and inventory of great talent is low.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on hiring great people, improving products and keeping customers happy.

MuleSoft Response

Mar 2, 2018 – Vice President, Corporate Marketing

It's inspiring to see someone who has been with the company for 10 years, continue to have such passion and enthusiasm for the work and for the company. It’s a testament to the people we hire and... More

2. "Growth Driven, Value Motivated"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I love about MuleSoft is the push to go beyond the scope of your job description and to fix anything that you see needs fixing. You'll never hear someone say "that's not my job" as we are all on the same mission to grow the company to be the best in class. I love that my manager and my team whole-heartedly support my creativity to tackle projects that inspire me. Every team, every manager, and every Muley truly lives out our core values every day: Be fearless, Own it, Make it awesome, and Be a good human.

Cons

The workflow of a Recruiting Coordinator is dependent on other team members - because of this dependency, it can be a bit challenging to prioritize. Because of the Muley passion to "Do Whatever It Takes," we often work beyond the 9-5 window.

3. "Account Development Representative"

I worked at MuleSoft full-time

Pros

Fantastic culture, great intelligent & hardworking team

Cons

Need a better path out of Account Development

4. "Hyper growth company"

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a hyper growth company. Everyone is super busy, the industry sees us as the key leader/player our field.
    Greg is excellent CEO, very transparent, prioritizing company and employees' best interest.
    Company's core values - awesome. Anyone who masters and acts these out will thrive anywhere they go.
    Acquired by Salesforce - exciting synergy.

Cons

Many great intiatives to make great impacts, but couldn't staff fast enough, resulting in chronic long hours.

Hiring engineers have been a challenge. It's critical to keep a high bar for candidates, but not overly high, lest it becomes unrealistic and impractical.

Advice to Management

Promote more internally. There are many competent people ready to step up the game and raise bar. Their direct manager needs to raise the ceiling for them.

5. "Account Development"

Current Employee - Account Development

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Numerous growth opportunities, new avenues to pursue always emerging. The day: day is a balance of strategy & execution -- aligning tech & biz strategy. Account Development org is highly regarded in the company, team of high achieving, intellectually curious individuals.

Cons

Not a 9-5 -- this is a high growth company & the best teammates are committed to the company fully.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

6. "Amazing Culture and Leadership"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

'Amazing Culture' - Probably an over referenced word is what everyone might think. In my experience, the leadership here is very very clear on their mind-set on what type of people they want and who they don't want. The interview process is designed and conducted in that way that you will be constantly evaluated on your natural aspects beyond technical abilities and the scale belongs to how you measure up to the companies culture and how well you can cultivate it for the future.

Cons

The interview process might become lengthy.. other than there are really no cons and that's just my opinion.

Advice to Management

Proud to be a Muley ...

"Account Development"

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Extensive training and on-going development. MuleSoft's training focuses on internalization and mastery vs. memorization and competency
    + Diversity of backgrounds. Some of the team came from closing roles in tech others have come from investment banking, consulting, teaching backgrounds.
    + True A-players. Never the smartest person in the room. Challenged by my peers, yet cared about and not directly competing with one another. Not cut-throat.
    + Strong leadership. The focus is on mastery, growth and support of individual rather than a 'one fits all' approach.
    + You're not a meeting booker. Instead of just producing activity, I get to drive the strategy side of the deal. I'm energized every day by the problems I'm solving, rather than checking the box of an activity and leaving for the day.
    + Growth opportunity. Just on my team alone, we've had someone move into management, someone created a role for herself, someone move into customer success, and someone move into an AE role....I just don't see that happening in any of my outside friend's orgs

Cons

- you can't check the boxes here. Excellence is a requirement...but the uncapped commission and accelerators are perfect for that structure
    - work-life balance is all on you. You choose how you spend your time

8. "Challenging environment offering true career & personal growth"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Working with an incredibly high caliber of people
    -Growth & career development opportunities
    -Working with a complex and interesting product
    -Challenging & stimulating environment
    -Salary & benefits
    -Stellar culture of really adhering to company values -- "walking the walk" and not just talking the talk.

I've worked at MuleSoft for three years now and I've had the opportunity for multiple promotions and I have been given some massive opportunities for growth and development. I'm not sure I would have been given these chances were it not for the rapid growth of the company or for the level of investment in not only my management team but other mentors in the company.

If you want a company where people will challenge you to be your best, this is the place for you. If you want a place where you can come in for a 9-5 and think of this more as a job than a career, it's likely not a good fit. If you invest in MuleSoft, I've seen that MuleSoft heavily invests back.

Cons

Work/life balance -- Most of the time I feel like this is usually due to the choices each individual makes because they're highly motivated, not necessarily due to external or management pressure to have imbalanced work/life priorities. But at times I think it can also be due to jobs that are left open due to an inability to hire the perfect candidate, because its no secret that our interview & hiring process is rigorous and we won't lower the bar no matter how much we need a role filled. This can lead to others having to pick up the slack in the meantime, resulting in people feeling overworked for periods of time.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in hiring resources to ensure we can fill necessary roles more quickly. Keep up the relentless focus on hiring the right people and creating an engaging culture where people enjoy coming to work.

MuleSoft Response

Mar 19, 2018 – Head of Global People & Places

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback, and great to hear that you're enjoying your journey!

I also appreciate your perspective on the work-life integration topic. There's no doubt that... More

"Personal Growth"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am currently in my 4th year at Mulesoft and still growing every day. The people, the product and my time at the company have been amazing. I have worked at 2 other companies over ten years prior to Mule and have never grown nearly as much. Excited for us to dominate 2018 and my continued future at Mule.

Cons

I wish I started at Mule sooner in my career.

"Awesome company and opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Last week I attended MuleSoft's all company meeting in San Diego. I've been to a lot of company meetings and kickoffs in the past but this was unique. Even though MuleSoft is now a global company, they invest in bringing every employee together for this annual meeting and the CEO has been doing this for the past 9 years. These meetings at other companies are typically all rah rah and arm waving , but it was very different at this meetup.

The leaders were open with the vision and strategy for the company and they were direct about what's working and where we need to focus and even improve. We also spent a lot of time working with our teams and cross-functionally to work through issues and get ourselves positioned for 2018. I came away feeling great about the company but for all the right reasons -- I understand what we need to do to succeed and see specifically what I need to do to make that happen. I'm in sales and came away with the knowledge and resources I need to get the job done.

I also had a chance to meet hundreds of colleagues from other offices from around the globe and it's exciting to be surrounded by so many talented people who are equally excited about what we're building. Big things ahead for this company.

Cons

Keep up the open communication. It makes a huge difference when we all understand where we're going and what we need to do to get there.

Advice to Management

If you think you're sharing too much info or repeating yourselves, don't be concerned and just keep it up. It's important for everyone to hear whats going on and what's important as often as possible.