MuleSoft Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
MuleSoft President & CEO Greg Schott
Greg Schott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I realize saying a company has great people is subjective, but the more people I grow to know at this company, the more I love it (in 15 reviews)

• There are crazy smart people here but they are also incredibly humble and pleasant to work with (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Very hard to maintain a healthy work/life balance (in 18 reviews)

• If you want a 9-5 or 9-6 then don't bother (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growing fast"

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time

Pros

- People are amazing here, they care about you, your growth, and your work
    - Core values align to what you'd want in a technology company
    - Massive market opportunity and exciting customer use cases -- you really get to see the impact the company and ultimately you're making

Cons

- (not a huge con, more of an opportunity for the right people) Company is growing really fast and scaling at the same time so it can be crazy at times - rocketship growth mentality for those really looking to have an impact

Advice to Management

I think we've built something great here -- something I think we can continue to improve on and refine is even more investment in the people here (L&D, career growth, etc.)

Jan 14, 2018 – Learning and Development

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm so glad we both share the same appreciation of the amazing people who work with us day in and day out. I am so excited for what's to come this year in L&D... More

2. "Mulesoft Review - API Vendor"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most talented resources/people that I have worked with at any company.
    With the 50%+ growth per year, there are always opportunities for career growth.
    Excellent client base.

Cons

Not for you if you are not ready to work at a high rate of productivity.

Advice to Management

Continue to reinforce the exciting and positive culture.

Jan 11, 2018 – Talent

Glad to hear you're feeling that your time at MuleSoft is so rewarding! Thank you for the review—keep up the great work!

3. "Former Employee - Product"

Former Employee - Product Management in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Product Management in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MuleSoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

During my tenure, MuleSoft was going through the inevitable “growing pains”, so the environment wasn’t always perfect. But, it was authentic and reinforced it's values even during the toughest times. The values were being persistent, focused, and solving the right problems.

My experience there has prepared me for bigger roles, to challenge the status quo, and face solving a tough problem head-on. Especially if you’re passionate about it.

My time at MuleSoft helped me gain amazing friends (ex-colleagues) and valuable experience that I wouldn’t have gained elsewhere. Additionally, the culture and people are parallel to none; a popular and universal opinion. I have no doubt that MuleSoft has an amazing future and will continue to thrive under Greg Schott’s leadership.

Cons

Typical issues that came with "growing pains". I'm sure things have changed for the better since then.

Jan 8, 2018 – Talent

It's really lovely to read that you've made life-long friends from your time at MuleSoft. I have been here for less than 2 years but have already built amazing friendships, and couldn't agree more... More

"Phenomenal Team and Culture"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) People are all driven and believe in the purpose behind our technology. 2) Benefits (financial, health, and additional perks) are second to none. 3) Technology is absolutely fascinating and MuleSoft is leading the market.

Cons

None noted at this point.

Dec 20, 2017 – Reg. Director Customer Success

Thanks for your review, and welcome to the team!

"Regional Channel Director"

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time

Pros

Hyper growth company with a lot of room to grow. Show your value, overachieve and you shall be rewarded. Great office and team culture. Sr mgmt is accessible and open to all ideas. No real hierarchy - everyone is part of the team.

Cons

Some standards in operations and process still need tweaking as the company is growing. If you need constant management and supervision, this is not the place for you. You are empowered to be your own leader.

Dec 4, 2017 – SVP Global Channels and Alliances

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you feel empowered and supported on our Channels team. Keep up the great work, and don't hesitate to reach out directly if you have more feedback.

"Great company for growth minded people"

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* CEO and senior leadership care about the company and culture beyond just revenue and growth numbers
    * Senior leadership want to empower individual employees
    * Challenging and interesting work
    * The space is growing, so lots of opportunities

Cons

* Many teams are understaffed and too small to pull off their goals effectively
    * Coordination across functions inefficient
    * Almost too numbers driven, teams sometimes spend more time figuring out how to measure success than doing the job

Advice to Management

Keep evolving the culture; really focus on how to align goals across teams to reduce coordination difficulties and double handling

Dec 5, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience and providing valuable feedback!

"Sales"

Current Employee - Field
    Current Employee - Field

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It still feels like a startup, even after the IPO and 1200 employees.
    Yearly trip to San Diego for a whole company meetup.
    Top level execs engagement.
    Meals 3 times a week - snacks - breakfast.
    "Essentially good humans" hired, it shows in the friendly environment.

Cons

It's all about the US, other regions are overlooked.
    If you're an engineer, this is the company for you. If not, it's not that amazing.
    You expect hard working, but there's too much stress due to underemployment.

Advice to Management

A startup doesn't mean you need to have people working over 100 hours a week. Breakdowns are not ok.
    Radical candor is mostly not working.
    Accept the fact that other regions have different ways of working and not everything is as static as it is in the US.
    All smart companies re organize pre-during-after IPO. In MuleSoft, everything stayed the same and C-level wasn't refreshed, when it should have been.

Jan 7, 2018 – SVP, Global Sales

I appreciate you sharing your experience, and I am very pleased that overall, you are confident in leadership and enjoying our positive company culture. Some of your critical points of feedback are... More

"Great company"

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time

Pros

Great company, people, technology, leadership, compensation, and vision.

Cons

Very hard to maintain a healthy work/life balance

Advice to Management

Keep tactical land and expand in mind when thinking about strategy

Nov 30, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for your review!

"Invaluable, once-in-a-lifetime experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been here for almost 4 years and am still consistently impressed with the caliber of people, the culture, and the leadership. It's not perfect but I've seen large issues being consistently addressed with humility, candor and a focus on doing whats right by people and by the business.

Cons

You will be pushed to better yourself constantly. It can definitely be hard and uncomfortable, but this has also pushed me to grow more personally and professionally than I could have ever imagined starting out.

Advice to Management

Focus on how we can be proactive versus reactive. Love how focused we are on preserving our small company values but don't let it get in the way of progress.

Oct 24, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience! So glad you're learning and growing with us. Keep up the great work.

"First Year Experience"

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time

Pros

1 year in and still in the honeymoon phase! So grateful for the past year and the opportunity to contribute to an incredible company! 365 days ago I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do with my life/career, but a pro-recruiter (and now my manager) convinced me that a career shift into recruiting would align with my skills/personality. It was scary, I failed a lot, but now I couldn't see myself doing anything else. So thankful for a company lined with individuals willing to help those who are willing to ask for it. Cannot wait for year 2!

Cons

You're motivated to work as hard and long as possible, it takes a conscious effort to take a step back to unwind and refresh.

Oct 25, 2017 – VP of Talent Acquisition

So glad you joined the team! Can't wait to see what year 2 holds!