NAS Insurance Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NAS Insurance Services

2.7

Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAS Insurance Services (Encino, CA).

Interview

Got an interview offer on the phone. Asked me to come in and first met with team managers. who were very friendly and asked a lot of questions regarding my past job and how it would relate to the current position I was interviewing for. Asked me to come back for a second interview with the CFO. Then asked me to come back for a third time for a writing/comprehension exam.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NAS Insurance Services.

Interview

About 30 minutes, questions were mainly situational after we discussed my past work experience. I found the interview process a positive experience and I wasn't nervous with the two women who interviewed me. I was asked if I knew the history of the company, which I didn't, so we discussed that and afterwards I was asked if I had any questions, and that was about it. Most questions were about working with a team or other individuals.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at NAS Insurance Services (Encino, CA).

Interview

They move quick. There may be a different number of interviews for everyone. I had two interviews. The first was a technical interview, mostly OO and PHP questions with an algorithm problem witha little white boarding. The second was a combination of a technical and business background/summary interview. All were very friendly and made the interview process pleasant.

Interview Questions

• OO, HTTP, algorithm's and analysis , and PHP questions.   Answer Question

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NAS Insurance Services (Encino, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Prior to the in-person interview, I was asked to to submit a test which consists of 2 parts: writing a PHP class to validate/parse orders for a pizzeria, and write a few simple SQL queries to extract data out of some SQL tables. The questions weren't difficult. On the day of the interview first off I met the IT director of engineering. After going over the company backgrounds and explaining the responsibilities of the role I was asked to my current company workflow and my responsibilities in the current company as well as the reason for leaving. It went on for about 20 minutes then 2 senior dev op joined the interview and had a print-out of the answer which I had submitted. They gave opinion about the answers I provided and questioned about my programming approach to the problem. I promptly explained (defended) my answers and they went on to ask in-depth knowledge about the language PHP. That lasted about 45 minutes. After they seem to be satisfied with my responses then I introduced to the VP of technology which he walked me through the company history and the nature of the business and asked for my availability to start.

Interview Questions

• In PHP what's the difference(s) between using protected, private, and public? Can a class inherit from two base class and if so how? Explain your current workflow. Explain in detail including the steps on how you would troubleshoot a slow website. What's the benefits of normalizing MySQL tables, does it really provide the performance gain?   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NAS Insurance Services.

Interview

Recruiter reached out and scheduled in-person interview. There were a couple of online tests to take testing basic logic and vocabulary. The interviewers were 30 minutes late and talked about how there's "no shortage of drinking buddies" and that they could "double the workload in the near future". Very unprofessional in my opinion and set off red flags for a bad work environment.

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NAS Insurance Services (Encino, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiting company, actually 2 recruiting companies which did 3 pre-screens. 3 Phone calls and a test. Then another screen technical phone call with the client.

Initially the recruiting company said that the position is home-based and the role was initially "PHP Lead developer"

Then after almost 5 screens I went to a face 2 face interview where I believe the questions were ok, some of them were for like juniors but I was able to overlook those.

After all these screens they asked me at hte interview if I am able to start working... and then I receive

"I am sorry to say this to you, the client is not considering your candidature for this role as they want to consider you for a senior position so I just want to touch base with you till the position get opens. I will keep you posted on the updates time to time. I request you to keep me posted if you find any better opportunities. "

WHICH IS NOT A problem. My problem is messing with people time. I am extremely busy and I realized I am ok in my current role, I have a lot of interesting things to do, I am making momeny for the company and when somebody messes up with my time this way it's a red red flags.

Interview Questions

• I have a bucket of 5 litres and a bucket of 4 litres of water. How can I make 4 litres? and then generic OOP questions   1 Answer

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NAS Insurance Services (Encino, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very depressing environment. No proper process at all. They scheduled interview and interviewers were not informed. They don't know what they want. I had to advice them based on their situation. This is not a place for any skilled technical people. I did like it so took it easy and wanted get out if the place asap.

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NAS Insurance Services (Encino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a lot of tedious testing before the actual interview as well as after the interview was over. The interview itself was pretty straight forward with two employees doing the interview. The HR staff was friendly and the overall experience was positive. Be prepared to stay after your interview for at least 30 minutes and be prepared to proofread and write.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had an issue with a coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NAS Insurance Services (Encino, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Process began by applying online. Received a screening call from a recruiter about a week later asking me what attracted me to the job. After that, I was sent an email containing a personality, typing, and writing test.

Following the online test, I received an offer for an interview scheduled for the following week which I accepted. I interviewed with two very nice managers who asked me questions regarding past work experience, career goals, and about 5-7 behavioral questions.

Received a call from the recruiter a few days after to schedule a second interview for the following week. Met with the VP and a manager during the second interview and was asked similar questions as the first.

Received a call the next day with an offer.