NRDC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 60 of over 60 interviews

Staffing Agency4%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

NRDC

Application

I interviewed at NRDC

Interview

quick, easy and well organized. the process was clear and had only one interview round for the position that was led by your potential supervisors. They asked about challenges, successes, style of work.

Interview Questions
  • what is a big challenge you have faced
    Answer Question

NRDC

Application

I interviewed at NRDC

Interview

I was contacted for a brief phone screening with a third-party recruiter who asked basic questions and transcribed my answers for review. Did not receive any follow up after the screener.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NRDC

Application

I interviewed at NRDC

Interview

It was a very intense and very thorough virtual interview with me on a screen and five staff in the room, and I met all staff I would work with, which I really appreciated so I also could see if this was a fit.

Interview Questions
  • Many questions were hypotheticals about how I would handle situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRDC (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

I sent an applicaton with a personal referral in mid-July; had a phone screen at the end of the month. The recruiter appeared uninformed about the role and could not answer basic questions about salary or team. She didn't get back to me with answers to my questions, though I pinged her a couple of times. I got no status update between end of July and end of September - 2 months! (OK pandemic, but still!) Then I interviewed with the hiring manager, who seemed thoughtful and nice -- like someone who would be great to work with. She talked more than she listened, but overall I was left with a favorable impression. I advanced to the next round, a panel interview with cross-team collaborators on programs and comms. They seemed like amazing colleagues and I began to get really excited to work at NRDC. Interview was well-scripted and well-run. Standard questions / no surprises. The recruiter called to confirm the salary range, which was a bit less than in my current role -- but I said I was flexible and reiterated my interest. I advanced to the final round, an interview with two leaders of the large national development team. Again, both seemed very smart, collegial, terrific. The first week of November, I learned that I was selected to receive the job offer. I clarified details of their remote work policy / COVID protocols, the superb benefits package, and start date with the recruiter. The hiring manager never communicated with me directly for some reason. When I got the salary offer a few days later, I countererd politely, requesting a very modest increase (literally, $2K). I was gobsmacked when, absent any further communciation, they revoked the offer! There is no chance I lied on my CV or that they got a bad reference (come to think of it, they never even checked references. The recruiter said they didn't think they could meet my needs, that they were surprised that salary was "an issue" -- it wasn't -- and that I didn't have an offer in writing so legally it was "fine" for them to change their minds. They could have at least done me the courtesy of dialogue -- I would have accepted the original offer if they had just said no to my increase request -- but instead their abrupt reversal left me feeling confused, disappointed, and like we had all wasted so much time for what? I would like to think that something got lost in translation with the recruiter, who perhaps did not do her best work at communicating between the hiring manager and me -- and not that NRDC doesn't think that women can and should negotiate without retribution. Or that women who ask for what we need for our careers and our families is "an issue"! I have always thought of NRDC as an effective organization and a progressive workplace, so I was genuinely shocked at this outcome. The oddest part about it is that I am a fundraiser -- my job is to be grateful and polite, but to ask! That's what I do. Very disheartening.

Interview Questions
  • What do you love about fundraising? What is the fundraising accomplishment you are most proud of? How do you involve Programs teams in developing proposals?

NRDC

Application

I interviewed at NRDC

Interview

Only got a phone call interview but it was well organized. They answered all of my questions and made me feel comfortable. Described the next steps to the interview process but it was cancelled due to the pandemic.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRDC (New York, NY) in Aug 2020

Interview

HR phone screen then two subsequent interviews via zoom due to COVID. Took around 2-3 months for total process. Round robin style for interviews with panel of 4-5 years. Found the last interview odd as I met with my boss in the last interview. Clarity of job description didn't match actual job. Didn't get the job because they supposedly offered it to an internal candidate - but the job is still posted MONTHS later. Very odd for such a high ranking org. Also confusion on if they were ok with remote based employee or if they wanted someone in NYC.

Interview Questions
  • Your basic strengths and weaknesses question. How would you describe you management style?

NRDC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at NRDC

Interview

It took a long time, after I applied I didn't hear back for two months. After that first interview for the phone screening, things started to move quicker but I made sure to ask them the timeline. I didn't like not knowing how much longer the full process should take.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about my relevant experience and my favorite boss

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at NRDC (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2020

Interview

Odd/rude screen with Sr. Recruiter. one-on-one with hiring manager, in-person with 6 others. Told they would be in touch very soon. Followed up a month later and was told they hadn't heard from hiring team. 6 months later, heard through the grapevine somebody else was hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NRDC (New York, NY) in Dec 2019

Interview

I applied on a job site other than glassdoor & the outside recruiter vetted me over the phone. She set up a phone interview for me with the NRDC Talent Director. Had a great interview and conversation with this person and am hoping to get called for an on site interview next. My initial impression is great.

Interview Questions
  • ...to describe how my background in benefits background fits their need for a project lead to build a more robust benefits offering to their employees.

NRDC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at NRDC

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR person that was literally 6 minutes long, 2 of which she spent outlining the interview process. Then she asked me a couple of generic questions and asked me not to speak too much to answer them so she didn't have to write as much down. Then two weeks of radio silence. Then she emailed me saying she realized she had additional questions she needed me to answer, but didn't want to talk on the phone again so I needed to submit answers in writing. Most of these questions could have been answered by a quick skim of my resume. Have I ever planned events? Yep, that's on there. Have I worked with the DCCC and DSCC? Yep that's on there. Have I used the database that is an industry standard in this business? Yep that's on there too. Then another month of radio silence, before I finally got asked in for an interview. I went in to meet with two old white men (great look for an organization in this day and age) who were late, frazzled, and unprepared. I've never heard anything back from them since. I'm assuming I did not get the job. And thank god for that.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience working with PACs and candidate fundraising. How comfortable do you feel working in that space and how would you rate your knowledge of the FEC and legal rules on a scale of 1-10? How proficient are you with EveryAction/NGP VAN?
1 person found this interview helpful