NRDC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NRDC Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.9

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NRDC.

Interview

Rather slow moving, but after submitting your application they do a simple phone screening followed by an in person interview. The in person interview includes a proofreading test. the overall process takes about 3 months

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NRDC (New York, NY).

Interview

2 phone interviews by the same person - each over 45 minutes

I emailed and called to followup, but was not given the courtesy of a response. The woman doing the phone interviewing is not an employee of the organization, nor is she a recruiter- she is a friend of one of the Execs.

Very unprofessional approach.

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NRDC (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening plus two in-person interviews (one with HR, one with the team). Interviewers were friendly but after three rounds (I applied in May and everything was dragged out until August) I was basically ghosted. I followed up with everyone I had spoken with and was never even given a "no, thank you."

Interview Questions

• Questions were routine, nothing out of the ordinary. "Why do you want to work for us?" "What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?"   Answer Question

Interim Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NRDC (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a fast hire as it was a temp position that needed to be filled asap. I got a call through a staffing agency and then came in the next day for an interview with the office coordinator and one manager over the phone. It was casual and to the point. I felt at ease and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle slow moments?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NRDC (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview process. Only got a phone interview but it lasted about 50 minutes. A coordinator from the San Francisco office called and asked many questions from a list that the team hiring gave her. The person was polite and very informative. She recommended that I follow up the next week to check on the status of my interview process. However, when I followed up the next week I never got a response back. Seemed a bit unprofessional, because she was the one who told me to follow up and promised she would respond.

When I asked about where the position could lead, she responded that it could lead to a variety of jobs. She said some people leave for other companies or go back to school. She said some people apply to become campaign organizers or work in other positions at NRDC. She also said some people stay programs assistants for many years and are happy just doing that. Overall, they are looking for more ways to integrate upward mobility into the position.

Policy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRDC (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was at NRDC office. One person present four more on a conference phone. The conference line wasn't working the best and some people came on late. It was very difficult to interview via conference line.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience working with federal agencies? Who have you worked with in the past?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NRDC (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I had one interview with the Operations Manager and Executive Director. I then was asked to come in a week and a half later for a second interview, this time members of HR and the communications team were preset. The first interview was more of them explaining what the job was and what they needed. The second interview was more of a conversation amongst the team and how I would fit in if I was brought on board. While 5 people to an interview was a bit different for me, as I have never had more than 3 people, it was a very relaxed setting and enjoyable conversation.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle managing up in a position like Administrative assistant?
      What kind of skills would you like to walk away from the position with?
      How do you handle working in an open environment? What environment are you use to?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRDC.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the HR rep in DC. It's was brief, basic and easy. He asked me simple questions and it was less than half an hour. It's was bit informal because this is just 1 out of 3 interviews. It took about a week to get a call back from the local office that I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the job?
      Why do you want to work for NRDC?
      How would you handle multiple deadlines?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NRDC.

Interview

Pretty general questions like why do you want to intern at NRDC. They asked me to briefly introduce myself and talked a bit about their project. Then two nice staff showed me around the office. The interview took less than 20 mins. It seems like they were in need of a summer intern to fill the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NRDC (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I went through two rounds of interviews, on was an HR screening and the other was an in person interview with 4 professionals I would work with if I got the job (two scientists and two lawyers). Everyone was extremely nice and friendly, but the HR employee called me 30 minutes before my scheduled call, and at times I felt like one of the in person interviewers asked very pointed questions. After the whole process I never heard back as to whether or not I got the position, despite sending two follow emails. It would have been nice for them to get back to me, even if they were not planning on offering me the posiiton

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why specifically do you want to work for this program?
      How do you feel about doing administrative work and how do you work with multiple deadlines?   Answer Question