NRDC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NRDC

2.8

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NRDC (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was awesome and pleasant, the HR manager was super nice and helpful. It felt like a conversation and it was not intimidating. She called at the agreed time no one minute late or earlier. I applied for the job on the same week they called me for the interview. When the interview finished she sent me an email telling me the director wanted to talk to me through video call. We did it the next day and that same day I received the offer

Policy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NRDC in July 2018.

Interview

The interview went well, I was offered a phone interview and then scheduled a skype interview shortly after. However they kept rescheduling the skype interview and they eventually told me they offered another candidate the job, which was a little unprofessional in my eyes.

Policy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRDC (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was at NRDC office. One person present four more on a conference phone. The conference line wasn't working the best and some people came on late. It was very difficult to interview via conference line.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience working with federal agencies? Who have you worked with in the past?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NRDC (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The NYC location is a joke. Disorganized interview by lazy, ignorant, entitled/lucky people collecting pay checks. I can't write much because they are censoring my review but I definitely will find other avenues if necessary.

Interview Questions

NRDC Response

Oct 2, 2017 – Recruiter

I'm very sorry your experience interviewing with NRDC has been less than pleasant. If you are willing to discuss in more detail, I would love to speak with you privately about your experience... More

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NRDC (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

The initial phone interview/screen was a bad experience and the HR person called 35 minutes later than the scheduled time. Then they rushed the phone call and after 10 minutes abruptly ended it. They said they already had people in the end stages of interview but were opening it up for more candidates- and the salary range was very low even for an entry level job (which they wanted a couple years of experience!) in the non profit sector. After the interview it seemed like it would not be a good fit but I did attend the follow up in person interview. The follow up in person interview was much a much better experience and I enjoyed the interviewers, but they seemed unprepared and were just winging it. No tricky questions, very straight forward. Great organization, but the interview experience was poor.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NRDC.

Interview

Pretty general questions like why do you want to intern at NRDC. They asked me to briefly introduce myself and talked a bit about their project. Then two nice staff showed me around the office. The interview took less than 20 mins. It seems like they were in need of a summer intern to fill the position.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview and spoke with members of the Environmental Law Project team. They asked me general questions about my background and why I was interested in the environment. There were quite a few people on the conference call and much of the interview was spent chatting about the office dynamics and trying to figure out where I might fit on the team.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NRDC (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The internship interview process included a phone and in person interview. Two people conducted the interview - they were courteous and timely, and the interview questions were tough but fair. The entire process took around two months, mostly because I was working through a university program. NRDC was very quick and responsive through the entire process.

Interview Questions

• They asked very specific questions about my resume and how my skills would apply to the job.   Answer Question

Membership Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NRDC.

Interview

I had a general phone interview where I was asked many questions. It took about two weeks till I was asked to come in for a second interview. I met with two people that would be my potential supervisors. I thought it went well and we connected and I was a nice fit. It about another two weeks then brought in for a third interview with a panel I also thought it went well at the end of the interview the HR person said we aren’t involved with the decision. Overall the company seems nice to work for but the hiring process is way too long especially since I didn’t get hired. I applied to the position early November and wasn’t notified I wasn’t selected until I sent a follow up email in February.

Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NRDC (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

I was offered one time slot in which to interview. I responded 25 minutes later to say that time slot would not work, offering many alternatives. The HR contractor responded four days later to say all slots had been filled except one option, which I reluctantly accepted.

The interview itself was via Skype for Business, which I was not told until the morning of the interview. I was originally told it was via regular Skype. The difference is not significant, but it was frustrating to figure out what else I needed to download and how to login to Skype for Business on the morning of the interview.

I had two interviewers in different locations. One was respectful and asked regular interview questions. The other interviewer was extremely unprofessional. She walked into the room late (the camera was already on) and appeared frazzled and frustrated. She had a negative, condescending, and accusatory attitude, approaching the interview as if her role was to determine where my resume was lying. At one point, I mentioned that I worked with a third party organization and had friends that worked there. Her response was, "Oh yea, who? Who do you know that works there? Give me their names!" Although seven years had passed since I worked with that organization, I still gave her a name. She then asked for more names and was unsatisfied.

Lastly, the job posting itself specified that the work would involve a particular industry. The interviewers told me they already had people working on that industry, so they didn't have a need there. I'm not sure why they posted the job in the first place.

I don't typically write reviews like this, but I had to vent somewhere. It was probably the worst interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Who do you know at X organization?! You said you know people there. Give me their names!   Answer Question