NRDC Program Assistant-China Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NRDC

1 Interview Review

Program Assistant-China Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NRDC (Washington, DC) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got contacted for a phone interview 1 month later. Had the phone interview. Got contacted for a face-to-face interview 1 month later. The morons were so incompetent they changed my interview time 3 times! Interview started speaking Chinese to test my level with a Chinese girl who was cold as ice! It only lasted 5 minutes, which is too short for a full evaluation.

Was then interviewed by the China Program founder and a senior scientist for the Health Program. They did not take ANY notes, which meant those bums had already made up their minds beforehand. The interview was mostly a stupid checklist: "Do you have experience in X?," "Have you every done Y?" They then asked me to send them sample PPT slides I had done for another job. Said they would do final interviews the following week, but I never heard back.

The interview finished with doing a translation from English to Chinese about how China is leading the way (I know, just go with it) in combating climate change. They didn't even have it setup for me. Had to get it setup by another girl from China who didn't know what she was doing.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done budgeting?
    Are you OK with working late for conference calls?
    Do you have experience with Twitter?
    How would you handle critiquing our Chinese colleagues?   Answer Question