Natera Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Natera

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 136 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Natera (United States)

Interview

First, phone call with a recruiter about background and a short statistics take-home quiz you complete on the spot. Second, Zoom interview with biostatistician. First part is going over Natera and the role, second part (about 25-30 minutes) is all statistics questions. We dove straight into tough questions and never discussed my background or skills. This interview was not very personable and you really need to know your stuff.

Interview Questions
  • Explain linear regression in simple terms, Explain a p-value, Probability questions
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natera (United States)

Interview

Interviewer did not seem enthusiastic about the interview--the first question asked if I was willing to relocate, followed by when I was able to start. He did not ask any questions about myself nor asked if I had any questions about the job/company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Natera (United States)

Interview

Big thumbs down. I second (and third and fourth) the other interview reviews that describe the people as unprofessional and inexperienced. It was quite clear in my very first interview that the individual actually did not know how to conduct interviews and, bizarrely, resorted to a trivia-like quiz format when they didn't know what else to do and spent a couple of minutes "mansplaining" to me why he was right (he was not). Multiple interviews were very late (10-15 minutes late) and very fragmented. Overall, like others have commented, I had a very strong gut feeling something's not right here - seemed needy and arrogant at the same time. Definitely agree to move on past Natera, it was a really big waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • How will you help us? Lots of superficial and clarifying background questions that, curiously, illustrated the interviewer's absence of familiarity with the industry.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Natera (United States)

Interview

Hang up the phone and jump off a bridge. This must be what it was like working at Theranos. I have never had a gut feeling like I did with all the interviews I had here. Every single person was late to the interview and unprofessional and unexperienced.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Natera (United States)

Interview

I never leave glassdoor reviews but this was a particularly terrible experience. I met a lot of people and most were extremely unprofessional and rude, and will ghost you. They will run you through more hoops than Google, as if it would be such a prize to work for them, as if everyone working there is a perfect genius. (I'm rating the interview as very difficult just because of the sheer time investment.) Honestly the whole industry reeks of Theranos. I question their ethics. Also they are all miserable and overworked.

Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Natera (United States)

Interview

I applied online and it took a few weeks for an interview. There was about 5 people on the panel but some paired up in the session. The questions were pretty standard for an entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Natera (United States)

Interview

The interviews start off relatively normal and okay. I read a lot of reviews where they start ghosting and or waste your time interviewing only to give no offer/ghost. I disregarded and tried to give the benefit of the doubt. There are 4 rounds total, and I was told over and over by the recruiter that the last round would be behavioral only. I believe it since the first 3 rounds were all technical, so I could see the company trying to get to know you as a person in the 4th and final round. That was false. I studied 16-18 hours a day for every round, and spend the same amount of time in the last "behavioral" round as well, studying STAR technique and all of the company products. The recruiter could have at least just said nothing instead of misleading the candidate into thinking the last round is behavioral when it is in fact technical. To top it off, the last round asks technical question after technical question for a WHOLE day, as if the first 3 technical interviews were not enough. A golden rule of interviews is that if it's not a very specific and special position (like VP or senior manager), any company that requires more than 3 rounds is a red flag and is a waste of time. Zero behavioral questions were asked at all during the 4th round, and interviewers largely didn't care to learn about you as a person at all. Remember, interviews should always be two-way. You are judging the company simultaneously as the company judges you. I urge you to take a look at their biostatistician reviews and technical role reviews and see that it is 99% negative experience and 99% no offer. (In the biostatistician interviews, 100% is no offer, which screams red flag). Overall, I urge you to not waste your time with this company and to apply elsewhere, as they can't decide on who they want, seeing as how several roles have been posted on their website for months. Not to mention all the red flags of the interviews asking questions beyond the realm of the job description. If that is what they requires candidates to have, they need to add it to the job description instead of failing candidates for not meeting their expectations of being a "unicorn data scientist" for a biostatistician price point.

Interview Questions
  • All questions asked were technical. There were zero behavioral questions in the final round.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Natera (United States)

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for screen which included technical questions too, in a google doc. Second round was with a senior developer but never heard back after the second round. Not even a yes or no. Strange.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natera (United States)

Interview

At least a four-step interview process: 1. Over the phone interview with written (googledoc) test 2. In person interview with team lead covering statistical concepts 3. Coding interview (don't be fooled, it's not a biostatistics coding interview -- but a data science + algorithms coding interview - there is no modeling, data management, or statistical testing involved) 4. A day of intensive interviews with 5 (?) separate team members - did not make it to this stage The overall most disappointing part of this process was how much energy and time was required only to get this far - knowing there was an additional even more intense step coming next. From initial contact to the third interview was over a month of time. After the third interview I did not hear back from anyone. I had to reach out a week and a half later to find out I was rejected. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been if I went through the "intensive interview" day of at least 3+ hours of additional interviewing and who knows how many additional weeks of waiting, only to be rejected.

Interview Questions
  • In the coding interview: First question was to develop a function which takes a numeric list, and generates the results of the CDF of the empirical distribution for each number in that list. The second was to run a logistic regression (one line of code, very simple) The third was FizzBuzz The fourth was to generate an algorithm to add all the numbers in any given number. (ie, 132 => 1+3+2 = 6)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Natera (United States)

Interview

Call first with hiring manager and then local sales rep on the phone. Once they determined it was a mutual fit, an offer was received. Background check follows within a few days.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 136