Natera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Field Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Natera (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

2 interviews, one with regional, one with 2 managers, both were about 90 minutes, nothing too strenuous, both managers were very down to earth, and just wanted me to show that I knew about the company, the products and my plans to move business

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward sales questions- how do you move business, examples of work ethic, biggest challenges you've overcome etc   Answer Question

Research Associate (Operations) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Interview

The interview to hiring process was straight forward and follow ups were in a timely manner. I applied online and got a separate email the next day to schedule a phone screening with the recruiter. Passed the first screen which led to a phone interview with the hiring manager. Was asked to come in for an onsite interview to meet the team. The team had great energy and attitude!

Clinical Field Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Natera in April 2017.

Interview

I talked to the HR recruiter directly from Natera after applying on the website. I have over 7 years of successful pharmaceutical experience selling directly to OB-GYN's in the area that I would be covering with an amazing track record (top in the nation) and amazing relationships with the top doctors. On top of that, I also have device experience. The hiring manager still would not even take the time to have a phone screen with me. I understand that there are a lot of candidates with great attributes, but to not even give me the chance to have a phone screen with my qualifications is absolutely ridiculous and unheard of.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Natera.

Interview

Submitted Resume. Received a call about a 30 minute phone interview. After passing the initial interview , was immediately contacted for a in person interview. Went into Natera and really enjoyed the staff and surroundings. Still waiting to hear back.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Natera in January 2017.

Interview

I recently had an informational phone interview with a recruiter at Natera. The entire experience was horrible. First, she spent nearly the entire phone call talking about herself and her problems rather than focusing on me, the candidate, which I thought was odd. Secondly, she told me she automatically threw out any candidate applications if the candidate did not live in the Bay Area, since Natera was not willing to pay for relocation fees. Again, I thought it was odd that she would share such confidential information about recruiting practices.

After our 30 min phone conversation, she said that she was enthusiastic about brining me in for an interview and that she would talk to the hiring manager to set up an interview. I was extremely excited, since I REALLY wanted this job. I told her that I was going away for a week and would not be able to interview until I came back. She said that this was no problem. A week went by, and after not hearing anything further about an on-site interview, I reached out to the recruiter via email. She completely ignored me. No response, nothing. It was as if we never had the initial phone call.

If I had known she was going to ignore me because I was going out of the country for a week, I would have gladly changed my plans so I could do the interview. But I was not given this opportunity.

This behavior was extremely unprofessional, dishonest, and rude. She is by far the most unprofessional recruiter that I have ever encountered.

I will never apply for another job at Natera again. And I suggest to anyone applying for a job at Natera, who currently does not live in the Bay Area, to not waste your time. Apparently, your application will not even be considered. Too bad.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work at Natera.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Natera.

Interview

A panel of 5 people. 3 managers of different departments and 2 clinical laboratory associates. Asked general questions about prior work experience, what do you know about the company and why you want to work there.

Clinical Data Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Natera (San Carlos, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

received a call to set up a time for panel interview. 5 or 6 people show up. They were very friendly and nice. Will ask everything you put on the resume.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? what animal do you want to be?   Answer Question

Bioinformatician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Natera (San Carlos, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Prescreen, phone screen with upper management, onsite interview. The best way to describe these people is -- incompetent. Numerous emails and phone calls back and forth where I specifically tell them on multiple occasions that I'm on a timeline with an offer. Apparently that doesn't matter so they take atleast 1-2wks to respond following any interaction. Flash forward a month, I get a travel request to interview across the country. I book my travel accommodations after they are insistent that they can not direct bill the expenses. Several days later, I get a call and email after business hours, cancelling the interview because the hiring manager is traveling that week. So now I'm stuck with ~1k is travel arrangements on my personal credit card that Natera won't take responsibility for. I tell them politely that I'm willing to reschedule but that future accommodations will need to be direct billed to the company. A week later, I start getting emails from a new recruiter who says that this is their first week on the job, and that they want to reschedule my interview. Again, I tell them politely that I'm willing to travel but that they will have to make the arrangements. They asked if I was available for a couple of dates, and since then haven't responded in two weeks. AVOID.

Interview Questions

• Can you a little more about how you went about validating your pipelines?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Natera (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, followed by a manager in California, two video conference interviews followed by an on-site interview in Austin TX. The process from start to finish was streamlined; however after not being offered a job, it would've been nice to receive a personal email vs. the "canned, thanks but no thanks" note, especially for candidates that went through 5-6 interviews.

Interview Questions

Natera Response

Oct 7, 2016 – Director of Administration

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us your impression. I reached our hiring manager who has just recently completed the hiring process and filled the position. She should have... More

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natera in September 2016.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through email one week after I submitted the application online, and he scheduled a phone screening interview with me. It was a very quick interview, it lasted 10-15min. I was told that I would be contacted by the hiring manager if they decided to move on.