Nest Engineering Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nest Engineering Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Nest

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nest (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

My experience was a pretty long one...

I got referred through a friend who knew a design / technical recruiter. After emailing my resume etc. my initial recruiter made contact straight away. I got put forward for a specific role, and had multiple phone interviews (1st screening, hiring manager, senior executive).

My initial recruiter then left Nest, and I was assigned another one. It was then suggested I go for an EPM role, to which I had more phone interviews (1st screening, hiring manager).

I got asked to come on-site for a full interview.... 5 hours was allocated and I spoke to 4 different people on the team back to back. It was a pretty intense experience - lots of questions!

I haven't received a final decision after on-site interview - I'm assuming it's a 'no'.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a team mate that is not performing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nest

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nest (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The initial contact and interview were generally positive. The phone screen was a good discussion and the process was relatively quick to set up the on-site interview.

However, I never heard anything at all after the interview, which leaves me with a negative impression of the recruiter, the process and company overall. I'm sure Nest has no shortage of candidates; at the same time, I have interviewed enough candidates at my current company to know that it's just a good practice to treat people with respect, even if the decision is ultimately that someone is not a fit. That same candidate may ultimately be a customer, and a negative impression of the company may impact someone's decision on whether to buy or recommend the company's products, or even whether to refer other qualified candidates for the role.

The recruiter also reacted very strangely to several of my questions during our initial conversation. All in all, not sure what it's like to work there, but I'd be concerned based on my experience of the interview.

With regard to the interview itself, I don't remember any questions that were particularly difficult. Several people asked questions indicating that the development process is really more waterfall than Agile.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important role of a program manager?   1 Answer

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nest.

Interview

Phone interview for general questions, on-site interview with the hiring manager to evaluate if you are qualified for the role, and then have a panel interview with the team you will work with.