Nest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nest Interview Questions

Interviews at Nest

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

Easy but idk. I went there and there was a phone screen. The techinal questions can be hard if you don't know your resume. Study and study hard. Don't be nervous and you will do good. Be confident when taking this interview and it will he very easy.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

interesting and easy. some basic concepts about object oriented programmi ng concepts ,jquery, html css and mvc routing, c # and data strucures, list and sql functions and procedures . Telephone with HR, skype and face to face

Event Manager Interview

Interview

Very Smooth Process and they are very attentive in response. They are not difficult to read and do give a lot of information regarding what you are getting into. Not bad.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nest.

Interview

- Poor communication
    - Disrespectful waste of time + resources
    - Existing team took and implemented intellectual property asked for as part of interview process
    - Keen interest in Ivy MBAs, regardless of digital experience
    - Obvious politics and cut throat culture

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Interview

Beside calls with HR, the full interview process consisted of 1 phone coding interview of 45 mn and then 4 coding interviews of 45 mn each, plus a lunch in the middle at the cafeteria.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nest (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was very easy. Not at all Google level interviews. The interviewer wasn't even sure what to ask. Was giving hypothetical situations that what will happen when I write this function and what will happen when I write this function

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nest in March 2018.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who asked me for multiple available times to talk to an engineer over the next week. Gave her the times, then she didn't respond until a week and a half later. Scheduled a call for the next day with an engineer in the Boulder office since I was off that day (it was my birthday, so figured why not?). Week later I emailed the recruiter to find out what the status was, but her email was disconnected. Contacted another Nest recruiter on LinkedIn, who forwarded my information off to another recruiter. Got this email back from him

"I'm a member of Nest's recruiting team and I work closely with our Apps teams. I received your information from my recruiting partner <redacted> who mentioned that you have been waiting to hear back regarding a recent phone interview from 3/15. I want to apologize for the long delay and promise you that I will have a decision by end of day tomorrow. We appreciate the time you spend speaking with us."

Although he promised to get back to me the next day, I didn't hear back so I emailed a couple days later. I finally emailed again a week after the initial email and still no response. Overall Nest's recruiters are some of least organized I've dealt with, and obviously they don't mean what they say or value the time of engineers that they're trying to bring on.

Update: Finally got emailed back after contacting again, and they mentioned they weren't moving forward via the interview. No actual feedback, so I'm not sure how true this is since I really don't trust their recruiters to be straight forward at this point. Probably dodged a bullet though.

Interview Questions

• Walk through making a dual linked list in Java, adding values to it, searching, etc. Talked a bit about his team and what they do.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nest in February 2018.

Interview

I was ghosted, for no reason. Even after having an initial positive experience. Applied online, went through the process. Everyone was great and nice and I loved working through the coding problems with the techs. Then I was invited to come onsite and then ghosted after asking for the airport which I was flying out of. No response. No replies. I tried to get in contact and eventually just had to give up and move on.

Interview Questions

• There were 2 coding interviews before being asked to go on site.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nest in February 2018.

Interview

My phone interview went fine. I solved the proposed question on time, code was running as expected, it was an optimal approach, however I have never received any feedback from the company. They have completely ignored my two follow up emails, no answer at all. Very disrespectful!

Interview Questions

• Easy question to implement an existing language function from scratch   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nest (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Good and well prepared interviewers who asked reasonable questions. There were a series of questions that felt interactive and not canned. This process was well done.

Interview Questions

• What is one if the biggest keys to success as a project manger?   Answer Question