NetApp Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

3.1

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp (New York, NY).

Interview

3 set of on site interviews, 2 technical and 1 managerial. Managerial Interview was good and gave insight to the team, people and role expectations. Technical interview was aligned to the role.

Interview Questions

• Gave a C++ code and asked to identify error   2 Answers
  • Data structure for a phone directory problem   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

1st was pretty intense technical question. Last only half and hour. It'll be really helpful If you know something more than what you learn in college. Previous job experience really helped through the interview. All the answers were directly involved through out the whole time,

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Not too bad, the interviewer was welcoming and really exciting. He pitched me projects that I'd be interested in, and if I was, he asked me questions related to that. They took a long time to get back to me though. I resume dropped at a career fair in January, and didn't hear until April, though I'm assuming I ended up being a replacement for someone else.

Interview Questions

• Know your data structures and networking, and have some enthusiasm for the projects. They're really upfront on whether you'd be a good fit or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a significantly less hourly pay because I was a college freshman, but was able to negotiate up a little.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Originally came in contact through a recruiter at a career fair. Initially, a phone screen reviewing my resume and providing some details about the project. Then, three onsite interviews spanning two hours with three different members of the team. Questions were mostly situational and gauging problem-solving and key software engineering concepts. The offer came a few days after the onsite interviews. Everyone involved was kind and clearly excited about the project and team.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of model-view-controller and how you might apply it to a project.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Nothing technical, super friendly. They aren't expecting you to know everything as an intern. I felt like it was more of a "get to know more about the company" rather than an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. The interviewer was very kind, and asked some basic data structure questions, which are very simple. Then I got the phone interview with some concurrency and operating system questions, and discussed about my resume. Because I didn't know answer one of the question, I failed the phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by two people, one from University recruiting and another through a current employee contact. I ended up getting one 20 minute phone interview with the director of the internship program.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was smooth. Was tested on OS and networking concepts. Had two rounds. Initial was a phone screen and next was a talk with the manager. Went on for an hours and yes, was offered internship after 2 weeks. I had applied online and got a call in 2 weeks period. The application was made to a general pool and team specific manager called me and spoke to him

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

Got an email from hiring manager and an Interview was scheduled. A 30 minute interview was taken by three team members. After the interview didn't hear back from any of them not even a reject!

Interview Questions

• General questions about myself, projects, area of interest and she asked whether I had experience working with any hyperviser.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

summer intern in netapp product development depart. working in performance group. I don't like add some meanless words here, since these is a one time position with some special purpose

Interview Questions

• background related, like storage, kernel   1 Answer