NetApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was lucky to get an interview through a company recruiter as a result of applying for a software engineer position via their website. The recruiter called me about about a month later and arranged for me to have an on-site interview which was scheduled a week
    ahead. I was interviewed by 4 very technical engineers and the interview lasted for 4 1/2 hours. The interview was made up of programming questions, designs questions and a
    discussion of my work over a long period since I have been in the industry a long time.
    Although I had prepared well ahead, I was still C-algorithm-savvy enough to answer
    some of their questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given a binary tree, find the path from leaf node to leaf node such that the values of nodes in between are the maximum. The interviewer was interested more the maximum sum than the path itself.

2. Write/describe algorithm to re-sort a rotated sorted array with O(1) complexity.

3. Given an array of integers design an algorithm to return the sum of all integers in a given range with O(1) complexity. So, sum(i1, i2) returns sum of all integers i1 - i2. No for() loops.
      Now, how would you do it if the array were 2 dimensional?
      4. Merge 2 link lists. So, if the linked lists are L1 and L2, the resultant list will be L1->next = L2, L2->next = L1(original)->next; ... They may not have the same number of elements.   1 Answer

Commissions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

1;1 on-site interview
    met with a few people from the team.
    interviewing is more if you click with that person you will get the job if you don't ,chances are you will not get the offer. I received good feedback from one of the persons but I never made it past the first round. it took the HR team over a month to get in in touch with me

HR recruiters actually respond to emails, big ++++

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. The interviewer asked questions about my experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company was seeking for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Netapp?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, he set up the phone interview. On the phone interview I spoke with 3 of my future team mates. Then I was called in for an onsite interview that last 3-4 hours, most of which was technical. We went over a coding problem they sent over before I came in.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your code and explain the process by which you came across the solution. How quickly were you able to pick up the language? About how long did it take you to write this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for one thing, and they gave me about 10k more than I asked. If it isn't what you are looking for definitely try to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Waltham, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I had a Phone Screen in the start of the process. After the phone screen I was called onsite for a personal interview. I was interviewed by 5 people for 45 minutes onsite. There were 4 technical interviews and 1 behavioral interview. The technical interviews were of average difficulty and I was general CS fundamentals and problems to solve and code.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on CS fundamentals and general problems to code on white board and on computer using Eclipse.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - 2 rounds. First round manager, second round with team member. Manager interview is more of a background check along with checking if you can think logically. Go over the resume thoroughly. If you know what you say you do you should be good

Interview Questions

• Basic questions - detect a loop, reverse list, dynamic mem allocation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I talked to NetApp briefly at my college's career fair and this led to a couple phone interviews. The first was a standard HR call, the second and third were light technical interviews Basically talked about C/C++, OOP, and my own development history. The questions were fairly easy, just needed enough information to cover the basics. For the technical interviews were with two of the engineers I would be working with and were basically just gauging by skill level and interest in the project.

Interview Questions

• What are the basic considerations and potentials pitfalls in designing multi-threaded applications?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

After submitting resume at college fair, got contacted for phone screen. It was followed by 4 rounds of onsite interview. They were prompt in getting back after the interviews. Questions asked were standard questions on Data structures and algorithms.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 50 minutes, including 3 to 5 questions about C++, 2 to 3 questions about multithread, one question about debugging. Most of them could be found in Glassdoor. The interview is performed through pad.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

I got the two rounds interviews via phone calls. The first round was from the campus manager, basically just going through my CV and talk a little bit about the company. The second round was from the manager and engineer about tech stuff. The people from NetApp are really nice and friendly. It is more like talking about themselves instead of an interview. The atmosphere is really great.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The internal staffing person will perform a quick phone screen. This takes about 15 minutes. Then the hiring manager will perform a phone screen which will touch on technical questions as well as cultural fit questions. If you get through that, an senior engineer will do another phone screen. This will be very technical and actually writing code. Once you get pass all that they will invite you to a on-site. This will be mostly technical and will be talking to the hiring manager as well as 2-3 engineers.

Interview Questions

• Write code to reverse a linked list   1 Answer