NetApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Interview Questions

Interviews at NetApp

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Process took 3 months with 3 interviews. 2 phone interviews and a Zoom meeting with engineers. Did not get the opportunity to be apart of the S3 Academy, which is entry level right out of college. No feedback was given. Asked a lot of experience questions which did not make sense being it was an entry level, college graduate hiring positing with 90 day training.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever mapped a drive? What is your network troubleshooting experience? Do you know what OnTAPP is?   1 Answer
    • Went through an entire mock troubleshooting with a toaster and a customer needing help with it to get it back working.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

It started with a Zoom video call.
    she asked me a few things about my past projects
    then she asked me open coderpad with the link she provided
    and she asked me solve a linkedlist question

Interview Questions

• 1) which project did I find interesting and challenging and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (San Jose, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

I interviewed at NetApp(Sunnyvale, CA May 2020).
    I was contacted by HR, The process took 3+ weeks. It was a genuinely very nice experience. I had 3 rounds. All interview were virtual due to corona situation.

Interview Questions

• Coding question on the hackerrank, with sharing the screen with the interviewer.   1 Answer

CyberSecurity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (New York, NY).

Interview

It was video interview on zoom due to Lockdown.
    Was interviewed by two members of the team. HR is was too good and cooperative to let me know the update on whether I was chosen or not on the same day.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp in February 2020.

Interview

Interviewing at NetApp was overall very positive. I had a phone call with a recruiter, phone call with the manager, then an in person interview with a few different people.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Applied Online.

Two Interview Rounds:

One Technical phone interview
    Second interview was online video interview. It had 4 technical rounds with 4 SW Engineers and one round with the Director.
    Overall positive experience

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp in January 2020.

Interview

Had a phone interview then a full day on-site. The team was extremely friendly and welcoming. Maybe the best team interview I've been to. Questions were routine and related to the role.

Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in January 2020.

Interview

Straight forward process. Was contacted by a recruiter via email. Scheduled two phone interviews which were hardly even interviews. Very conversational and laid back. The recruiter just explained the role and asked about my background. Went in for an onsite interview the following week. Very straightforward laid back interview. Met with the manager and a member of the team. Both were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Several members in Sales, Consulting and Management each with business unit needs and priorities. Internal teams were not aligned on their ideal candidate qualifications. Company also has unclear Cloud Affinity Strategy. How will they be relevant moving forward.

Director of Corporate Strategy and Corporate Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

This 'interview' with NetApp was quite peculiar and not really much of an 'interview' per se -- but it is important for me to share this experience with my fellow Glassdorians in case they find themselves in a similar predicament.

I had never applied to or interviewed at NetApp before. Out of the blue, an executive recruiter reached out to me saying that a Senior Director had come across my profile and was interested in me because of my background in Management Consulting and Corporate Strategy with a strong focus on M&A. I was not looking for a job... but I thought I'd explore this opportunity. The recruiter further went to to say that the hiring team "very much liked my profile" and they were eager to speak with me.

Then he (the recruiter) had me fill out all these lengthy pre-screening administrative questions and said that he would circle back with some interview dates & times. That was the last I heard from NetApp. After weeks, I have sent numerous follow ups, but still no response.

"Ghosting" a candidate is never cool and it makes the company look very bad. It is downright unprofessional and discourteous, especially given that I didn't even apply to this role; they had approached me. Furthermore, having me do all this paperwork and even acknowledge this is profoundly shameful. Just think about this: if this is how they treat candidates, just imagine how they would treat their own employees! Today's candidates are tomorrow's leaders and they will keep in mind unpleasant experiences perhaps even abstaining from doing business with companies that treat people like second-class citizens.

Finally, in a twist if irony, not joining NetApp was blessing in disguise because this other large cap tech company --- a competitor of NetApp --- made me an offer I could't refuse. I recently came to learn that NetApp tried to sell itself to my new company but we declined to acquire NetApp largely due to many red flags including its troubling mistreatment of people. It is a small world out there and I hope both potential employers and employees with treat each other with respect, dignity, professionalism, courtesy and compassion.