NetApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was lucky to get an interview through a company recruiter as a result of applying for a software engineer position via their website. The recruiter called me about about a month later and arranged for me to have an on-site interview which was scheduled a week
    ahead. I was interviewed by 4 very technical engineers and the interview lasted for 4 1/2 hours. The interview was made up of programming questions, designs questions and a
    discussion of my work over a long period since I have been in the industry a long time.
    Although I had prepared well ahead, I was still C-algorithm-savvy enough to answer
    some of their questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given a binary tree, find the path from leaf node to leaf node such that the values of nodes in between are the maximum. The interviewer was interested more the maximum sum than the path itself.

2. Write/describe algorithm to re-sort a rotated sorted array with O(1) complexity.

3. Given an array of integers design an algorithm to return the sum of all integers in a given range with O(1) complexity. So, sum(i1, i2) returns sum of all integers i1 - i2. No for() loops.
      Now, how would you do it if the array were 2 dimensional?
      4. Merge 2 link lists. So, if the linked lists are L1 and L2, the resultant list will be L1->next = L2, L2->next = L1(original)->next; ... They may not have the same number of elements.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

So far it's only been the phone interview and it went really well. They had my resume in front of them and asked me about every skill and experience that I had written on my resume, and how it compares and can contribute to working at NetApp as a software engineer. I got offered an in-person interview sometime next week and have been told to study their protocols and sharpen up my C coding skills.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

Rececutier called for phone interview and schedule a call in few days with all necessaqry information. Phone interview scheduled and cleared the round and they called for in person interview. They have updated the status in 2 days. In person interview with 6 to 8 rounds with different technical people. it was amazing journey with all people.

Interview Questions

• Explain - Over all test processing - SDLC, Load testing, Debugging analysis, Agile Methodology   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

My former company used to purchase NetApp products. However, after going through the interview process with them, I now know why their arrogance keeps them from getting more business.
    I have also interviewed with them for a different position which was very similar to how poorly I was treated and spoken to this time around. I will not ever apply here again.
    The internal recruiter asks all sorts of questions about details on your resume, which you know he has zero clue what you are talking about when you provide detail because it breaks out into more detailed questioning. Then you will be blamed for giving too much detail. Why waste my time asking me to regurgitate my resume if you don't want details or have any clue what I am talking about?

Advice: If NetApp wants HR to do the 1st round, be sure they have at least SOME experience with some of the details on people's resume. Not some clueless Millenial with no life experience.

2nd interview. Senior Manager who wanted to ask 13 questions in 30 minutes.
    Ridiculous.
    Yes, really and then got very self righteous when I asked for any level of detail about the organization. What NetApp wants is a unicorn wrapped in a tidy 29-year old package with maybe five years of experience so they can be groomed to not have a brain to add value unless senior management tells them they can.

Requisition as written was terribly vague to begin with, which tells me they really don't have a clue what they are looking for and then make it up as they put you through the interview process.
    Very unprofessional and a complete waste of my time.

This experience has proved to me this company has an ageism issue.
    It is no wonder they are losing market share, they are just plain out of touch.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?
      My thought bubble "Why? Can't you read? Is this providing value? How about asking about a relevant project?"   Answer Question

Business Process Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Santa Clarita, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was very encouraged and impressed by the interview process, team and recruiter (Ryan Ziswasser) who was very responsive and prompt on followups. His followups and responses is very good benchmark for candidates who anxiously wait for updates after an interview. I went through the interview process fairly quickly from the initial screening , phone, to in person.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved a primary telephonic interview which covered basic CS concepts and a few other questions from my CV. I then interviewed at the RTP office in NC. The process involved 4 interviews; only one of which was basic and easy. The interviewers were not intimidating and provided a lot of help. Finally, the hiring manager came over and discussed the work done by the team.

Interview Questions

• Design a stack that supports push(), pop(), findMin() in O(1).   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp in November 2017.

Interview

Overly weighty interview process - over the 6 hours of interviews, I was repeatedly asked the same question by different people. Presentation followed by 2 on 1 interviews.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

It was great experience with NetApp people who works for NetApp/ SolidFire they are nice and friendly seems like they are extremely knowledgeable. First step was over the with their Technical Recruiter it was easy mainly based on my previous experience . After that I had video call interview with head of engineer and one of the senior engineer which was thorough question my background, previous how long I have been coding, what is the personal strength it took 1 hour 30 minutes which was unusual. I heard back from them for in person interview couple days after video call.

In person interview was great experience it took 4 hours with 8 different engineers as I knew they were team members from SolidFire. First round was with Automation engineers they were asking some Testing question including coding questions which was fairly normal, not hard not easy question. Second round was Senior Engineers who has deep knowledge developer mainly asked about coding questions it was more how would you design your class for particular example of vending machine also Linux questions. Third and fourth round is more of chatting QA question as well as general role behavior and expectation based.

I did not get offer the reason is my Linux experience/knowledge was not enough for NetApp/ SolidFire I think it was fair because company is based their system with Linux strongly. My recommendation for this particular position if you apply for Test Engineer in Development you should have strong Linux and coding experience.

I personally enjoyed my time at NetApp people seems to be so nice and helpful.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. Interview was around 30 minuets. Half behavioral and half technical questions. The behavioral questions were normal and simple but the technical scenarios seemed simple but the interviewers response to the questions was very hard to gauge. I didn't like the ambiguity behind the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• You own a coffee shop and you have a very busy day (more than normal) and you still have negative profits at the end of the day... what did you do wrong?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had one interview on campus where I was given a serious of problems to code and then I was to solve them. There was also a non-technical portion.

Interview Questions

• Describe the following data structure in detail. (It was a tree with nodes)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Process was ok. Got Recruiter's call. this was for initial check and availability. arranged for in-person interview. Got Interviewed by 4 people included director, developer, analyst. Got feedback in 3 to 4 working days

Interview Questions

• Questions were average but felt that they already had someone in mind for the position. Kind of waste of time   1 Answer