NetApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was lucky to get an interview through a company recruiter as a result of applying for a software engineer position via their website. The recruiter called me about about a month later and arranged for me to have an on-site interview which was scheduled a week
    ahead. I was interviewed by 4 very technical engineers and the interview lasted for 4 1/2 hours. The interview was made up of programming questions, designs questions and a
    discussion of my work over a long period since I have been in the industry a long time.
    Although I had prepared well ahead, I was still C-algorithm-savvy enough to answer
    some of their questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given a binary tree, find the path from leaf node to leaf node such that the values of nodes in between are the maximum. The interviewer was interested more the maximum sum than the path itself.

2. Write/describe algorithm to re-sort a rotated sorted array with O(1) complexity.

3. Given an array of integers design an algorithm to return the sum of all integers in a given range with O(1) complexity. So, sum(i1, i2) returns sum of all integers i1 - i2. No for() loops.
      Now, how would you do it if the array were 2 dimensional?
      4. Merge 2 link lists. So, if the linked lists are L1 and L2, the resultant list will be L1->next = L2, L2->next = L1(original)->next; ... They may not have the same number of elements.   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Waltham, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Telephonic with manager then Onsite for 5 hours full of technical rounds talking with different leads, Manager is good and team members are not clear on exactly what they want

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

First HR interview - Simple basic C questions, Second Hiring manager round- Discussion of projects, Third technical round - Discussion on technical topics, Fourth round is coding assignment, got rejected

Interview Questions

• Basic C concepts, Difference between processes and threads, mutexes, notify, wait   Answer Question

Automation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Mainly focused on behavioral questions and work experience to determine job fit. The first interview was with the recruiter over the phone. This was a quick check on relevant experience. A phone interview with the hiring manager followed. The hiring manager focused on cultural fit and experience. The next round was a day of interviews with a variety of individuals and groups in different roles. There was no noticeable coordination between the interviews. Each interviewer asked about topics important to them. It boiled down to mainly behavioral and experience related questions.

The interviews were all pleasant. But after the interviews, I did not receive any feedback, nor any other communication from NetApp. Of course, I did reach out and asked, but the reply was a 'no decision, yet'. My read on the situation was, that I was not selected. But again, no communication from NetApp.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with building automated test frameworks?   Answer Question

Ops Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews, both with the hiring manager. Standard interview questions with behavioral/situational focus. After that, I was brought onsite and had two 45-minute interviews with other interviewers. Thought the interviews went well for the most part. One of the interviewers (the hiring manager's boss) said I had the perfect background for the position after our interview so I was confused when I got the email that the team is moving forward with candidates with a background that fits the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on that used data and analytics.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NetApp (Champaign, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

30-minute screening interview for their new program which was supposed to be launched in June 2017. The interview was amazing, I did great (at least that's what the Hiring Manager said), she promised to get back in a couple of days. I waited for a week, then emailed her, she didn't respond. I emailed her again the next week, she didn't respond. The employee who referred me emailed her as well, she didn't respond to that either. I had heard great things about the organization, and I was absolutely interested in their new program. And that's the reason why I waited for their response before finalizing other options. I wish the Hiring Manager at least had the courtesy to send a rejection email if she wasn't interested in hiring. People say we should not waste the recruiter's time, I wish the recruiters stopped taking our time for granted. We are talented individuals and deserve to be treated with respect.

Interview Questions

• NetApp's products, my background, where I see myself in 5 years, mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (New York, NY).

Interview

Over the phone interview. Pretty standard where management speaks with the employees before meeting them in person. Overall, it was an average interview with average questions. Many of which are simply related to the job description, as opposed to the employee's previous history.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was related to job description, networking ; and about personal experiences related to support role. It was for one hour. the decision was given out 2 weeks later. no offer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

2 hour interview with 1 hour of technical interview and 1 hour of behavioral interview. The interview itself was relaxed and not too difficult. This was an onsite interview by the way.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Applied through online, recruiter contacted me after few weeks, and schedule for the interview,Interview was not that hard at all and Interviewer was cool and helps when needed to take you back on right direction.

Interview Questions

• 1. Delete middle node from a linked list.
      2. question related to related to Queue/Stack
      3. Virtual functions?, Virtual base classes?, smart pointer?.
      4. maps vs sets?