NetApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was lucky to get an interview through a company recruiter as a result of applying for a software engineer position via their website. The recruiter called me about about a month later and arranged for me to have an on-site interview which was scheduled a week
    ahead. I was interviewed by 4 very technical engineers and the interview lasted for 4 1/2 hours. The interview was made up of programming questions, designs questions and a
    discussion of my work over a long period since I have been in the industry a long time.
    Although I had prepared well ahead, I was still C-algorithm-savvy enough to answer
    some of their questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given a binary tree, find the path from leaf node to leaf node such that the values of nodes in between are the maximum. The interviewer was interested more the maximum sum than the path itself.

2. Write/describe algorithm to re-sort a rotated sorted array with O(1) complexity.

3. Given an array of integers design an algorithm to return the sum of all integers in a given range with O(1) complexity. So, sum(i1, i2) returns sum of all integers i1 - i2. No for() loops.
      Now, how would you do it if the array were 2 dimensional?
      4. Merge 2 link lists. So, if the linked lists are L1 and L2, the resultant list will be L1->next = L2, L2->next = L1(original)->next; ... They may not have the same number of elements.   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Recruitment reached out to see if I was interested in the position. Initial Phone screen to determine your personality and familiarity with position. Immediately requested for face to face interview. Interviewed several key persons for a total of 2 hours, and the rest is history.

Interview Questions

• RMA process, strength and weaknesses, how you deal with pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The Interview process was really good. HR was really collabrative.
    Initially had a telephonic screening round with hiring manager.
    Had 5 onsite rounds, 1 hour each. Problems were on Linked List, Trees, Trie and DP.

SAP Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview was coordinated through a recruiter. It was a one way video interview. There were two interviewers. It was almost an hour long. The call in number was not provided prior to the interview. It was a very basic interview, however, they never asked me to describe myself.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other applicants.   1 Answer
    • How did you do...? (Achievement on my resume)   Answer Question
    • What is an example of a disagreement with a coworker.   1 Answer
    • What do you like to do when you are not working.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

So far it's only been the phone interview and it went really well. They had my resume in front of them and asked me about every skill and experience that I had written on my resume, and how it compares and can contribute to working at NetApp as a software engineer. I got offered an in-person interview sometime next week and have been told to study their protocols and sharpen up my C coding skills.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the Hiring Manager. There were 2 rounds of phone screening interviews and then followed by an on-site interview which had 3 rounds of technical interview. The people were really nice at the on-site interview and made me comfortable during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• OS Concepts - Process, Threads, Mutex, Semaphores, Paging.   Answer Question
    • Coding questions on - Strings, Arrays and Trees & also time-complexities   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

Rececutier called for phone interview and schedule a call in few days with all necessaqry information. Phone interview scheduled and cleared the round and they called for in person interview. They have updated the status in 2 days. In person interview with 6 to 8 rounds with different technical people. it was amazing journey with all people.

Interview Questions

• Explain - Over all test processing - SDLC, Load testing, Debugging analysis, Agile Methodology   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

My former company used to purchase NetApp products. However, after going through the interview process with them, I now know why their arrogance keeps them from getting more business.
    I have also interviewed with them for a different position which was very similar to how poorly I was treated and spoken to this time around. I will not ever apply here again.
    The internal recruiter asks all sorts of questions about details on your resume, which you know he has zero clue what you are talking about when you provide detail because it breaks out into more detailed questioning. Then you will be blamed for giving too much detail. Why waste my time asking me to regurgitate my resume if you don't want details or have any clue what I am talking about?

Advice: If NetApp wants HR to do the 1st round, be sure they have at least SOME experience with some of the details on people's resume. Not some clueless Millenial with no life experience.

2nd interview. Senior Manager who wanted to ask 13 questions in 30 minutes.
    Ridiculous.
    Yes, really and then got very self righteous when I asked for any level of detail about the organization. What NetApp wants is a unicorn wrapped in a tidy 29-year old package with maybe five years of experience so they can be groomed to not have a brain to add value unless senior management tells them they can.

Requisition as written was terribly vague to begin with, which tells me they really don't have a clue what they are looking for and then make it up as they put you through the interview process.
    Very unprofessional and a complete waste of my time.

This experience has proved to me this company has an ageism issue.
    It is no wonder they are losing market share, they are just plain out of touch.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?
      My thought bubble "Why? Can't you read? Is this providing value? How about asking about a relevant project?"   Answer Question

Business Process Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Santa Clarita, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was very encouraged and impressed by the interview process, team and recruiter (Ryan Ziswasser) who was very responsive and prompt on followups. His followups and responses is very good benchmark for candidates who anxiously wait for updates after an interview. I went through the interview process fairly quickly from the initial screening , phone, to in person.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved a primary telephonic interview which covered basic CS concepts and a few other questions from my CV. I then interviewed at the RTP office in NC. The process involved 4 interviews; only one of which was basic and easy. The interviewers were not intimidating and provided a lot of help. Finally, the hiring manager came over and discussed the work done by the team.

Interview Questions

• Design a stack that supports push(), pop(), findMin() in O(1).   Answer Question

Business Process Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had multiple rounds of interviews. I was contacted by recruiter on linkedin after which we had a quick discussion about my current project, legal status, and other general questions. Then recruiter asked me to apply in in direct site which was followed by a telephonic interview(30 mins) with a senior business process architect. The question were mostly on my knowledge in the domain and current/past projects. After few days I was call to NetApp Sunnyvale office where I was interviewed by a panel of 4 people – enterprise architect, program manager, business process architect and director (hiring manager). It was pretty much on my experience and projects. Few deep dives on projects, behavioral questions, situational questions… pretty good conversation. Next day I again had a call with another architect. After few days (in fact weeks) I was asked for a call with senior director. It went for 30 mins and was mostly a final confirmation of the decision already taken. He was very gentle and asked general questions. Offer was release after around 12 days of this call.
    In the whole process, everyone involved were very polite, punctual and very well prepared. Must appreciate the recruiter (RZ). He is damn good in articulating, follow ups, regular updates and quick response.
    The only things that may make you anxious is the time taken between all the steps. It was more for me because it was Christmas break time but still, it could have been better.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to current and past projects
      Behavior questions