NetApp Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Applied through online, recruiter contacted me after few weeks, and schedule for the interview,Interview was not that hard at all and Interviewer was cool and helps when needed to take you back on right direction.

Interview Questions

• 1. Delete middle node from a linked list.
    2. question related to related to Queue/Stack
    3. Virtual functions?, Virtual base classes?, smart pointer?.
    4. maps vs sets?
    5. reference vs pointer.
    6. Singleton?
    7. observer?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

I got the two rounds interviews via phone calls. The first round was from the campus manager, basically just going through my CV and talk a little bit about the company. The second round was from the manager and engineer about tech stuff. The people from NetApp are really nice and friendly. It is more like talking about themselves instead of an interview. The atmosphere is really great.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 50 minutes, including 3 to 5 questions about C++, 2 to 3 questions about multithread, one question about debugging. Most of them could be found in Glassdoor. The interview is performed through pad.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, he set up the phone interview. On the phone interview I spoke with 3 of my future team mates. Then I was called in for an onsite interview that last 3-4 hours, most of which was technical. We went over a coding problem they sent over before I came in.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your code and explain the process by which you came across the solution. How quickly were you able to pick up the language? About how long did it take you to write this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for one thing, and they gave me about 10k more than I asked. If it isn't what you are looking for definitely try to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I talked to NetApp briefly at my college's career fair and this led to a couple phone interviews. The first was a standard HR call, the second and third were light technical interviews Basically talked about C/C++, OOP, and my own development history. The questions were fairly easy, just needed enough information to cover the basics. For the technical interviews were with two of the engineers I would be working with and were basically just gauging by skill level and interest in the project.

Interview Questions

• What are the basic considerations and potentials pitfalls in designing multi-threaded applications?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - 2 rounds. First round manager, second round with team member. Manager interview is more of a background check along with checking if you can think logically. Go over the resume thoroughly. If you know what you say you do you should be good

Interview Questions

• Basic questions - detect a loop, reverse list, dynamic mem allocation   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The internal staffing person will perform a quick phone screen. This takes about 15 minutes. Then the hiring manager will perform a phone screen which will touch on technical questions as well as cultural fit questions. If you get through that, an senior engineer will do another phone screen. This will be very technical and actually writing code. Once you get pass all that they will invite you to a on-site. This will be mostly technical and will be talking to the hiring manager as well as 2-3 engineers.

Interview Questions

• Write code to reverse a linked list   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Was approached by company recruiter. Here is my version of how Netapp would have interviewed Shakespeare if Netapp was a company that created stories:

Netapp interviewer: Do you know a poem which talks about stars ?
    Shakespeare: No sir, i dont have one from memory but I can create one if you like
    Netapp interviewer: Ok you have 20 mins
    Shakespeare starts thinking and starts writing down various words and pros.
    Netapp interviewer interrupts: Oh you are done? Coz the time is 10 mins already
    Shakespeare: Well i am trying to think as you can see various ways and words to form a poem
    Netapp interviewer: Ok you see it starts with "twinkle twinkle"
    Shakespeare: Sir like i said, i dont memorize poems mostly, you can see me work . I like writing and creating from my imagination and experience.
    Netapp interviewer: We dont have time for that. Sorry. Bye.

Essentially, they are looking for people who have memorized some programming problems. So if you already are familiar with that problem, you are hired. The creative programmer who solves problems has no chance of getting hired here.

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Cranberry, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through career fair on campus. HR contacted via email to schedule initial phone interview. Straightforward questions on OS concepts. Was asked to debug code. Heard back in a couple of days, was invited for an on site interview at their Cranberry office. Staff were very amicable and extremely friendly. 4 interviews in all, 3 technical, 1 with the manager based on my resume. All the interviews were pretty standard on OS concepts, code debugging, writing code, oops concepts and design. Heard back in three weeks. Received a mail with the offer. Process took about a month. Positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Condition variables in posix threads. Some questions about height balanced trees like AVL trees and red black trees. Nothing out of the blue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still contemplating the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Saw the job posting on University's website, Applied online and got a phone interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview contained no technical questions, asked questioned like what do you know about netapp, do you have experience with Linux?   Answer Question