NetApp Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NetApp

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The internal staffing person will perform a quick phone screen. This takes about 15 minutes. Then the hiring manager will perform a phone screen which will touch on technical questions as well as cultural fit questions. If you get through that, an senior engineer will do another phone screen. This will be very technical and actually writing code. Once you get pass all that they will invite you to a on-site. This will be mostly technical and will be talking to the hiring manager as well as 2-3 engineers.

Interview Questions

• Write code to reverse a linked list   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Was approached by company recruiter. Here is my version of how Netapp would have interviewed Shakespeare if Netapp was a company that created stories:

Netapp interviewer: Do you know a poem which talks about stars ?
    Shakespeare: No sir, i dont have one from memory but I can create one if you like
    Netapp interviewer: Ok you have 20 mins
    Shakespeare starts thinking and starts writing down various words and pros.
    Netapp interviewer interrupts: Oh you are done? Coz the time is 10 mins already
    Shakespeare: Well i am trying to think as you can see various ways and words to form a poem
    Netapp interviewer: Ok you see it starts with "twinkle twinkle"
    Shakespeare: Sir like i said, i dont memorize poems mostly, you can see me work . I like writing and creating from my imagination and experience.
    Netapp interviewer: We dont have time for that. Sorry. Bye.

Essentially, they are looking for people who have memorized some programming problems. So if you already are familiar with that problem, you are hired. The creative programmer who solves problems has no chance of getting hired here.

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Cranberry, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through career fair on campus. HR contacted via email to schedule initial phone interview. Straightforward questions on OS concepts. Was asked to debug code. Heard back in a couple of days, was invited for an on site interview at their Cranberry office. Staff were very amicable and extremely friendly. 4 interviews in all, 3 technical, 1 with the manager based on my resume. All the interviews were pretty standard on OS concepts, code debugging, writing code, oops concepts and design. Heard back in three weeks. Received a mail with the offer. Process took about a month. Positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Condition variables in posix threads. Some questions about height balanced trees like AVL trees and red black trees. Nothing out of the blue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still contemplating the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Questions on Multithreading, bit manipulation. Also was asked about the projects mentioned on the resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview was strictly behavioral; follow up interview was scheduled to be with a team but the team decided not to follow up with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Strictly behavioral, the interviewer goes through and asks questions regarding any major work experience you may have, or any major projects you have been working on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Saw the job posting on University's website, Applied online and got a phone interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview contained no technical questions, asked questioned like what do you know about netapp, do you have experience with Linux?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume online
    A recruiter contacted and setup a phone interview
    Had a phone interview a week later, mostly some technical questions
    Went to an on-site interview
    met 6 people
    Managers tend to ask behavioral questions
    Engineers ask technical questions

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest conflict you had with your cowoker? how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • How can you reverse words in a string without using extra memory?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (San Jose, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I got call from recruiter for the interview for the software engineer position I had applied online. Interview was a telephonic by one of the engineer on team. He asked basic C question and algorithms. He also asked some challenging coding questions and optimizing algorithm for them. Interview last for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Check if 2 strings are palindrome?   4 Answers
    • A C program to find index of an item in given array   2 Answers
    • size of struct? platform dependency and architecture?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

It was a phone interview. First the person introduced their group and what are they looking from a potential candidate. They wanted a quick learner and basic knowledge of web services, virtualization, java and some scripting languages. Then asked about mine project experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process was well defined. I was contacted by the recruiter first.
    Had a telephonic interview.
    Then they called for in person interview. It was a all day long interview. I was interviewed by 6 people.
    It was all technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a class for singly linked list for a multithreaded environment.   Answer Question