Found 2,892 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about NetApp
Got a burning question about NetApp? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with NetApp employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It has great culture and you will one has the full responsibility of his/her job and freedom of doing his own way." (in 484 reviews)
- "'Good work/life balance (but it depends on the team you're on)'" (in 429 reviews)
- "Netapp was a great place to work early on and the _technical_ people were great to work with." (in 421 reviews)
- "Good benefit and working envrironment" (in 296 reviews)
- "good work culture and some of the best minds in the industry" (in 187 reviews)
- "Layoffs were frequent and without warning" (in 288 reviews)
- "Much of this change has been driven by poor management and poor quality control." (in 182 reviews)
- "Most of the management teams are good but there are also some managers that you would wish you never had." (in 107 reviews)
- "Upper management is inconsistent and unapproachable" (in 49 reviews)
- "Bloated middle management runs the business like high school." (in 40 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of NetApp and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 4.0FEATURED REVIEWFeb 15, 2023Senior Product ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Jose, CA
Reasonable work/life balance in some groups Technology is big differentiator in storage Positioned to be a strong cloud player for storage
Recent restructuring may impact longer term goals Periodic restructuring is way of life4
- 5.0Mar 6, 2023Customer Service Engineer IIICurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDurham, NC
Positive attitudes abound with the people you work with.
Training and onboarding went really fast. Could have used a few extra months.1
- 5.0Sep 12, 2023Sales Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHouston, TX
Specialized products moving towards cloud. In general good margins that provides stability to the company. Great benefits in general, 401k matching, personal days, great balance.
I would say, is in a middle of a transformation, which means several changes.
- 4.0Sep 6, 2023Solutions ArchitectCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Smart people, generous. management, good salaries; products aren't the most innovative, but the company is finding ways to reinvent itself and stay relevant - particularly through its cloud portfolio
A lot of acquisitions; teams/products constantly merging, sales strategy shifting; vision not always clear
- 2.0Sep 14, 2023Enterprise District Sales ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsPhoenix, AZ
NetApp used to be a great place to work, really good pay, great culture.
The current leadership team has destroyed the culture. It's all "I tell, you do and if I want your opinion, I'll let you know what it is." They have also set completely unrealistic goals that only about 20% of the field is hitting, so no one is making money.1
- 4.0Aug 30, 2023Enterprise Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsDurham, NC
Some of the best people in the industry, great benefits, work-life balance and benefits
Change can cause pain. Layoffs as the company evolves into a hybrid cloud leader while increasing profits and stock price. Getting younger by leveraging internal post-college training program
- 4.0Aug 28, 2023Client ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsRaleigh, NC
great benefits, great technology, long term growth roles
Over pivoted to cloud, new tech leaders are bring it back to on prem focus, but it has taken time. Pricing is high, leadership will approve discounts to be competitive, but reps deal with lots of cycles of approval.
- 4.0Aug 11, 2023Support Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSan Jose, CA
Remote work, minimal supervision, works directly with customers
Heavily weighted management. The number of Executive VPs, Vice Presidents, Senior VPs, VPs, Sr Directors, Directors, Senior Mgrs, Managers before you reach an individual contributor is ridiculous!
- 5.0Aug 29, 2023Member of Technical Staff(MTS)Former Employee, more than 1 yearResearch Triangle Park, NC
Challenging projects and great colleagues.
No cons working at NetApp.
- 3.0Jul 12, 2023Senior DirectorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Jose, CA
The culture at NetApp is top notch. People genuinely want to do the right thing. CEO is amazing and leads by example. Somehow he manages to be direct, firm and humble at the same time. Internal communication from the C suite as a whole is the best of any company I’ve worked for in my 30 years of experience.
To be blunt, NetApp cannot get out of its own way. There is a severe lack of systems and process infrastructure that creates a crippling amount of inefficiency. In addition, there is no funding to invest in improving these areas. I was there 6 years and the minimum improvements that were made during that time didn’t even begin to move the needle.2
NetApp Reviews FAQs
NetApp has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 5,017 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at NetApp to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
80% of NetApp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NetApp 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.