NetApp Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Systems Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It took 4 weeks for a call back after an online submission. The HR people seemed dis-organized and stressed, the interviewers were good although time constrained. They kept checking their cell phone alerts.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 instances where you helped the team exceed sales quota.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very professional courteous and friendly interview panel. Questions asked were technical as well as behavioral. They have a very strong leadership at this company. Love the state of the art office as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was called onsite 5 times over 2 months.....first time with a hiring manager, second time with another hiring manager, 3rd time with couple more folks, 4th time with few more folks and 5th time with the director/director's boss/full team.

I met with a total of 12 people and went in 5 times over 2 months. Looks like the team had some disagreement or were interviewing other candidates and just wanted to keep me warm in-case the other candidates didnt work out.

I only liked 3 out of the 12 people and found everyone else to be pretty uptight. They all bitched about their super-boss in the interview and called her names. Very very unprofessional. I will not interview at Netapp again.

Interview Questions

• Phone call to do a presentation with less than 24 hours notice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

It began with a phone interview. Then I went onsite and met with two managers.

Interview Questions

• they asked about my experience with ERP   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Bangkok (Thailand)) in June 2014.

Interview

This position is open for relational candidates. NetApp Thailand not posting this position in other media. This position interview directly with System Engineer Manager of Thailand and Channel Sale Manager. They're professional and asking the question to the right point.

Interview Questions

• What is more important between sale or engineer?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in February 2013.

Interview

contact was through a recruiter, quickly they sent the details of the proposal was agreed and 3 interviews with different people, I was asked when would have availability to start trajar should be selected, I requested details of my activities carried out in the current job.

Interview Questions

• prior, known clients experience how to act in certain circumstances with customers, growth expectations, knowledge of the region, expected salary   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Seoul (South Korea)) in May 2012.

Interview

apply resume -> onsite interview #1 -> onsite interview #2

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Zürich (Switzerland)) in October 2011.

Interview

The process was very professional. After an initial short Interview there were additional 1:1 meetings with potential colleagues who asked, but also gave me the opportunity to ask about their job to get a better understanding about my position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a previous project? Can you illustrate the solution (whiteboard)? And can we do it in English?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp in October 2010.

Interview

The interview comprised of one phone interview and one on-site interview:

Phone interview was fairly simple. Though nothing from my resume was discussed. Since I was applying for a fresh-grad position, my basic Unix, C and C++ skills were verified.
    Unix questions were like:
    1. How would find a file with given words?
    2. How would you look for particular method in source code base?

Nothing very fancy. Things that you use in Linux/Unix on every day basis.
    On-site interview comprised of about 6 rounds including the lunch with the Hiring manager.
    Most of the team was very very experienced. Average team experience was around 10 years.
    I must admit that most of the team was probably going easy on me.

Interview Questions

• How does malloc work? What happens when there is buffer overflow in malloc? What kind of errors can you expect   Answer Question