New Penn Motor Express Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at New Penn Motor Express

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Penn Motor Express (Harrisburg, PA) in Apr 2016

Interview

Sat down with the manager and she asked about my current employer, work history, and a bit about my personal life. She explained what my day to day tasks would be and briefed me on the history of the company.

Interview Questions
  • Why do I feel I'm fit for the position
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New Penn Motor Express (Southington, CT) in Mar 2016

Interview

breif phone and in person interview about company and position. they tell yo want yo uwant to hear and lied to me about the pay and how it would be dropped once i started and got on th eunion list. once yo uget on the list they dont use you everyday and are on call

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Penn Motor Express (Lebanon, PA) in Jan 2016

Interview

It was a very quick process. From the time I applied until the day I started it was approximately two weeks. I had a phone screen then had an interview the following week. The interviewer was friendly and thorough with the job description. After the interview started the background check. Two days later I received the offer via phone.

Interview Questions
  • How familiar are you with applicant tracking systems and other computer programs?

Anonymous Employee in Plantsville, CT

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New Penn Motor Express (Plantsville, CT) in May 2014

Interview

I was called in to interview with the terminal manager. It was an in-person interview. It was brief (about 10 - 15 minutes) in a small office. Upon arrival one will find no receptionist. Had to ask around to find the managers office. Not as bad as it might sound but could be better in terms of guests.

Interview Questions
  • Are you comfortable doing math (density calculations) on a regular basis.

Anonymous Employee in Southington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Penn Motor Express (Southington, CT) in May 2014

Interview

The interview consisted of meeting with the terminal manager at the time. It was an informal face-to-face interview at the job site. You basically walk in and go into a small office and talk to one person who asks you a few questions to find out whether or not you are an ideal candidate for the position. If it goes well you might end up walking out already hired instead of waiting for a call back

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever worked in the trucking industry?

New Penn Motor Express

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New Penn Motor Express in Mar 2014

Interview

They had me complete the job application and then I had a 15 minute meeting with manager. They didn't ask the tough interview questions such as "What are your weaknesses, why do you want to work for this company, where do you see yourself in 5 years" Mostly, you need to relax and be yourself. It was an informal sit-down. No need to wear a business suit -- go business casual. He called me two days after the interview to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
  • He asked me to briefly describe my relevant work experience, especially in customer service. Then some simple questions: "what time can you be here: what is your daycare situation; are you available to stay late unexpectedly". There are no skills tests. It's mostly an assessment of what type of person you are. You need to come across as one who is emotionally strong. Very casual. No need to wear a business suit -- go business casual.

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at New Penn Motor Express (Camp Hill, PA) in Jan 2014

Interview

Submitted application online, Phone interview with corporate HR, and 2 interviews with manager and district manager, took 2 months plus from offer until the first day of work, which was ridiculous. Very straight forward questions. There is a drug test (urine) and a background check post offer. The process is too involved and takes way too long compared to industry standards.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Penn Motor Express (Williamsville, NY)

Interview

Applied online. Was called to meet the mgr. when I did meet mgr, he was very easy going. Had me fill out ppw. Poof, hired. Wages were not open for negotiation. Told me I would be fully trained. Was able to give previous employer enough notice and be allowed to start when I liked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Penn Motor Express (Mechanicsburg, PA) in Mar 2012

Interview

The interview was a good experience. I was new out of trucking school and was hired on due to a clean driving record and a decent work history. I was asked about my background and why I decided to get my CDL and work in the freight industry. I was also asked about what I knew and understood about the job I was applying to. The interviewer explained a few things to me about the position that i was unaware of and how their company went about things. I was then sent to a provisional course at Harrisburg Community College for a two week driving course / test. Monday through Friday for four hours I reported and drove around the area with an instructor. While I did not get paid for my time to attend the course the company did pay for the course.

Interview Questions
  • I didn't feel there were any difficult or unexpected questions.

Anonymous Employee in [location]

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New Penn Motor Express in Feb 2010

Interview

very easy process, online application followed by 1:1 interview. Quick decsion on results of interview

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews