New Relic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

For the interview process on the marketing end, I initially met with my VP, head of competitive, and those who would be my peers. the interviews went smoothly, and I genuinely felt that everyone cared about interacting and gathering my feedback...I felt welcome.

They wanted to my approach to product marketing, specifically around moving products through a go-to-market strategy.

After initial interviews with marketing, I moved on to speak with members of their product teams. I believe they wanted to understand how well I would work alongside my peers within their product division.

In all, their interview process ran smoothly, with a rep from recruiting guiding all interactions and next steps.

The people at New Relic are serious about making great products for their very technical DevOps audience, but not so serious that they avoid talking about the human element (which matters equally to them).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you took a product to market previously.   Answer Question

Security Compliance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted on the same day by the recruiter to setup time for a call. During the call the recruiter told me the position has been downgraded to an specialist position and not a manager. However, the recruiter told me he will speak with the hiring manager to see if they can work something out since my experiences matched what the hiring manager was looking for. He said he will get back to me soon.

2 weeks later, I never heard back from New Relic. If they decided to go to another direction, it is fine. But don't make a promise to get back at me and suddenly dropped all communication.

I will probably steer away from the Security Compliance team if this is how they take care of candidates.

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very thorough, two phone interviews and a three hour onsite. Also had to do an assignment. However, it was very casual and conversational in the onsite interview, everyone was very friendly.

Senior Software Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was referred by an employee and then contacted by a recruiter. I spoke with the recruiter briefly over the phone. She set up a phone screen with the hiring manager and an engineer. The phone screen was about an hour. The phone screen was a free-flowing event. Questions focused on things I listed on my resume typically with an ask to explain something in detail and explaining challenges and how I solved them. After the phone screen I was contacted by a recruiter who set up travel to Portland for a full day interview. I spent a full day at the New Relic office. Interviews were 1:1 at a 5 seat conference table with one remote interview. The interviewers were relaxed and the office is casual. I had lunch with several employees including people. At the end of the day I met with the recruiter for a wrap-up and then I toured the office. I left for the airport and received a call when I was several blocks from the office with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where you made a large mistake. How was the mistake discovered? How was the situation resolved? How did you communicate during the situation? What would you do differently if the same thing happened today?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New Relic.

Interview

- HR screening interview on the phone
    - Hiring manager interview on the phone
    - Technical exercise
    - Interview on-site - team interview + 4 individual interview (1 engineer + 1 Product Manager + 1 Director + 1 pair coding with an enginner)
    - HR will check your personal + work references

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New Relic.

Interview

The interview process was fairly to the point. We went over role expectations as well as diving into my experience, and some soft skills questions. This was broken up by some small talk, and the overall interview was about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you solved a discrepancy with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

Went in one afternoon, met some great people, went back another half day for a second round, and finally got the job. I took it that they take hiring people managers seriously, and really look for a good fit.

Interview Questions

• It's very much situational questions. "Tell me about a time when" sort of things. You have to draw on your experience and creativity and be confident in who you really are.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

After the initial phone screening, I had a writing assignment and two rounds of interview. The interviewers met with me one on one and asked insightful questions from various perspectives. They also gave me adequate time to ask questions. I really enjoyed the interview process. They got back to me within a couple of days of interview. I was very impressed by their efficiency.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Three in person interviews at the SF HQ. One group Presentation in the office, with a few key people on video conference. They moved very fast, so I came back very quickly.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic (Remote, OR).

Interview

The first interview was a phone call with HR. Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and then I had a video interview with the hiring manager. They were still moving on for another round of in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• As many people mentioned the first interview was weird. HR didn't ask anything about my skills. They asked about salary requirements, how long would I need to decide, how long before I could start and was I interviewing anywhere else.   Answer Question

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied and two days later an internal recruiter for the company reached out to me for a :30 phone chat. We chatted a few days later. She said she would pass my information on to the UX Manager the next day. She did as she said and a member of their HR department scheduled a :30-45 min chat with the UX Manager for a few days later. He and I spoke for an hour and then after communicated by email. One week later I received an auto-generated, but nice email that said they were pursuing another candidate whose experience better fit the role. Though, I don't agree and think I would have rocked the job, I completely understand and appreciate the timely communication. All and all a good, professional experience even though I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your UX philosophy and process.   1 Answer