New Relic Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 564 of over 564 interviews

Recruiter14%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

New Relic

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

Brittany in Talent Acquisition was the best advocate I could have asked for. Very responsive, honest and professional. I interviewed with five individuals including my hiring manager, a director and a VP. They were all very personable - overall great experience!

Interview Questions
  • How can you pivot from medium to an extremely high volume of requests?
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

New Relic

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

Initial contact made by recruiter. After a screening, they connected me to meetings with the hiring manager, team members, VP and a presentation. Standard for the CSM industry. Recruiter was responsive and happily answered any questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New Relic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

Applied online and then got email to schedule interview. Interview lasted about 10 minutes. Only went through one interviewer and did not make it to the next step. Also did not hear back whether I moved on the next step or rejected. Just left me wondering if I ever made it to the next step.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic (Barcelona) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview process is: 1 - HR representative talk 2 - Engineering Manager talk, more about behavior and cultural questions 3 - 7 days home task which they ask to do very performant and scalable webapp feature giving big json file and asking to sort/group/add/remove/display using no 3rd party tools (interesting project to do but can be difficult for some people) 4 - 1h30 technical interview with 2 senior engineers about core concepts on javascript, dom, css. They say is about logical thinking and has no right or wrong answer but this is not true... They expect you to know all terms and even api or functions signatures by heart or they will judge you about it, even tho they say they will not do it. 5 - ? In general, was a pleasing experience until the last technical interview where I really felt not comfortable and was just getting more and more nervous. I was trying to answer questions and if some part of the answer was not aligned with what the interviewer was expecting, I was being interrupted before I was able to conclude, and with more questions over the initial one making it super confusing if we still were talking about the initial point. This made me feel more insecure about what they were expecting me to answer and breaking my line of thinking making me more nervous during the process. If the whole idea of this phase was not about right or wrong answers (clearly during the process was very noticeable that was about right/wrong answers and not logical thinking) so I would say to please, reassure and try to calm the candidate what this is about instead overloading it with more cross-questions. Overall not difficult but pay attention to the details and focus on giving the most right technical answer and if you start to be interrupted too much, remember to take a breath and organize things in your head before continuing

Interview Questions
  • if using var outside a function scope, how it will behave inside the function
  • what is CORS, How is called inside the header
  • How to add event listeners to the dom
  • how to make elements on the screen react to clicks and alert their dataset values
  • Explain event delegation, event preventDefault and preventPropagation works and question about event bubbling
  • How to center a div
  • giving a = 2 + 2; b = 2 + "2"; c = 2 + 2 + "2" what will be result
3 people found this interview helpful

New Relic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

Initial screen with recruiter who was very friendly. Then an interview with the Communications hiring manager. Hiring manager was unprofessional and full of ego, talking about herself the entire time. My takeaway from this experience was there would be zero room for growth knowing I was more experienced than the hiring team and this manager wouldn't be able to handle smart people around her. So I passed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New Relic

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. The questions were perfect for the job. It was a very laidback experience. They really appreciated the truth about skills and where you were.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview process was quick and transparent. From the time I applied to the day I got the offer, was one month. I met with the following: - Recruiter interview (30 min - phone) - Hiring Manager interview (30 min - phone) - Panels (3-30 min video interviews back to back to back) - VP interview (30 minutes - video) Be sure you can speak to why you want the role you're applying for, why this company, and do research on the company.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Why do you want to work at New Relic?
  • Q: Tell me about a time you navigated through a difficult situation with a difficult customer.

New Relic

Application

I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

First of all, there is an open chat with the recruiter. After that, you get to talk to a member of the Team. During the video call, you get to know more concisely what they do, day to day, and you get the change to talk about you.

Interview Questions
  • Previous experience, about me, about what they do, some examples.

New Relic

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New Relic

Interview

Positive interview process overall. Friendly panel and responsive recruiters. It was a genuinely refreshing process and ended up being a big selling point for why I joined New Relic. Come prepared with stories and be ready to speak to the details.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you a feature didn't deliver to expectation. What happened?

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR) in May 2021

Interview

I was referred by a friend who works at the company. The steps I went through: 1) 15 minute call with the recruiter--He gave me a brief overview of what the company does as well as allowing me to ask questions. 2) 30 minute call with the hiring manager--This call went into the specifics of the position as well as getting to know each other. 3) Coding challenge--A take home coding challenge. If they like your code, they will ask to meet with you for the... 4) Half day interview, including an interview with one of the architects, a code pairing challenge with the team I will be working with, an interview with the product manager for the hiring team, and behavioral questions from other engineering teams' managers. The interview ended with chatting with the hiring manager and the recruiter. My experience was that, yes, they were making sure that I had technical capabilities, but they also wanted to make sure that I fit in with the team. In my case, it was just as much of an interview for the team as it was for me, since it gave me an idea of what working with the team full time would be.

Interview Questions
  • -How would you handle a difficult situation with a work colleague? -Did you have to learn something new when doing the coding challenge?
1 person found this interview helpful

New Relic

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic in May 2021

Interview

One of my favorite interview processes that I've had - They were upfront about the full interview process and timelines, and stuck to or exceeded their timelines for each step of the interview process. I enjoyed meeting the full team, the manager, and getting a good understanding of the role and duties I'd be performing as an analyst. The questions they asked made me feel like the team was excited about their day to day jobs and looking for teammates that would fit in well with the existing team.

Interview Questions
  • What do you look for in a teammate? What excites you about data analytics?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 564 Interviews