New Relic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New Relic Interview Questions

Interviews at New Relic

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. After the phone screen, I had a short coffee chat with a leader, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and an in-person panel interview concluding with a presentation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic.

Interview

Interview Process was very smooth and completely remote
    - Phone interview with Recruiter followed by hiring manager interview in a week.
    - After 2 weeks had virtual final interview with team members for 3 hrs and I was able to see teams positive vibe and New Relic Culture during whole interview process.
    - Special thanks to Kiara Collins who helped me with BlueJeans issue during the interview and Beth Kern who always kept me updated on each steps.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were fair and focused heavily on Business process analysis and stakeholder engagement.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic.

Interview

- screen by recruiter
    - one hour screen by manager. Here we spoke about expectations on the take home. Manager said it is expected to turn it around within a couple days and in Java. I mentioned I hadn’t done Java and I’m concerned. He said it’s no big deal and I’ll still breeze right through the take home.
    - take home. Did not breeze through. Had to acquaint myself with locks, sockets, and lower level Java apis. Did not get any feedback on project aside from that it didn’t run to meet exact runtime expectations.

Did a similar type project in a language I’m familiar with for a different company and got called back. Lesson learned- don’t agree to learn and do any complex take home project in a language you haven’t touched before. I read on here that someone else had run into the same thing and didn’t heed the review so I hope this review helps anyone that’s just not familiar with Java or whatever your hiring team uses.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic.

Interview

Fine - could have been better but ok. They moved very slowly which was annoying as I had other offers. The company seems to have a lot of change in management lately which scared me a bit as well.

Interview Questions

Interview

All steps remote due to this COVID situation. Even in the midst of the pandemic it was a very smooth process. The team was warm and welcoming, good talk about engineering stuff.

Interview Questions

• Code Challenge, and general CS questions (Data structure, system design, etc...)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Tucson, AZ) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and executed well. Even in the midst of the pandemic it was a very smooth process. I was well informed throughout the entire process. It was enjoyable and refreshing. The technical portion of the interview was on point with the job description. New relic looks to hire top talent, this shows in the amount of effort they put into building this process.

Interview Questions

• In your role as a mentor describe your style/approach?   1 Answer
    • Describe approaches to testing in React. Explain the value you see in testing.   1 Answer
    • Had a technical session, where I was to implement some generic functionality.   1 Answer

Core Commercial Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Atlanta, GA) in June 2020.

Interview

It was a swift and efficient interview process, 3 weeks start to finish. Recruiter intro call was rather detailed, both about me for professional and financial aspirations, and about the role and company - culture, role based, etc.

Interview Questions

• Explain your hiring journey and why you made each career choice.   1 Answer
    • What are 2-3 of your most strategic deal cycles and why?   1 Answer
    • How do you think the interviews went?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic in May 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by the regional manager on linkedin. I then proceeded to meet several individuals on the team including the person I was interviewing to replace. The process concluded with a role play.
    It was a seamless and enjoyable, everyone I met was amazing.

Director, Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview process had three parts: a phone screen with the recruiter, followed by a interview with the hiring manager, the final round consisted of a full day of interviews with the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at New Relic?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR) in April 2020.

Interview

Call with recruiter, 1 hour call with hiring manager, take home coding challenge (~3 hours), 7 hour video call interview with team including a few more tech/coding challenges. Overall it was a great experience. The process was quick which was great because I was interviewing at multiple companies. The 7 hour team interview was probably the best interview experience I've ever had. The team was warm and welcoming and made me feel at ease which allowed me to truly showcase myself and my capabilities!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've had a conflict with a team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR) in April 2020.

Interview

This was an overall positive, very thorough, very well organized process! End to end, this process took just over 4 weeks from the first phone screen.

1. First, I applied, actually for a different position, but that position was under the same hiring manager. I was contacted by a senior technical recruiter via phone to learn more about me and my interest in the company, who asked if I would be interested in this position as well. We had a great conversation, I was asked some questions about my experience, but mostly just learned about the culture, etc. The recruiter was very easy to talk to and very knowledgable.
    2. Next, I had a BlueJeans video interview with the hiring manager. He asked me questions about my experience, asked me about my interest in the company, and took the time to explain both roles to me. It was very nice to hear more about the organization and how these 2 roles I was interviewing for fit into the organization.
    3. I was asked to complete an assignment for the Senior Training position. The assignment was given on a Thursday and I was asked to return on the following Tuesday. I was also asked if this was enough time (how courteous!)
    4. I returned my assignment. Then, I was asked to complete another interview with several people on the hiring committee for the Senior Training position. This interview was scheduled for 9am-12pm. The interview began with my presentation, which was a presentation of the training assignment. Then I met with pairs of interviewers and was asked many behavioral style questions.
    5. Finally, I was contacted by the recruiter and told I was the top candidate for the Senior Trainer position and needed to complete one more interview, with the VP of the department I would be joining.
    6. I completed the interview with the VP and shortly after this BlueJeans video interview, I was called and verbally offered the job, which followed with a written offer.