New Relic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

My experience was 1) quick phone conversation with a recruiter, 2) meeting with your prospective manager, 3) coding challenge (4-6 hour expected time investment), 4) all-day interview with future team members and manager. The interview process was great, it was speedy and the technical questions were all grounded around New Relic's products and problem space - no weird left field brain teasers or programming trivia. The interview was in the collaborative style, where your interviewers want to see your thought process and see how you arrive at a solution.

Interview Questions

• Design a service-oriented system that can scale, and discuss where the bottlenecks will appear and how to overcome them.   Answer Question

Senior Full Stack Engineer Interview

Interview

Sent in my Resume to New Relic for a Senior Full Stack Engineer position. Got a response from their "Recruiting Lead - Product & CIO" asking for a phone screen.

A 30-minute time slot for the phone screen was scheduled and agreed upon several days into the future, I made preparations and adjusted my schedule to take the recruiter’s call, but he kept cancelling on me a few hours before the scheduled time slot.

Each time he kept requesting that I pick a new date and time on his calendly.com 3rd party calendar service page, then he’d wait until that day, and then would send a fresh “Reschedule Needed” email a few hours before the phone screen was to start.

Seeing that this was a weird infinite loop, I started ignoring his emails, abandoned that process, and went on to pursue a similar position, but with a different employer.

Funny thing is, several months later, when I already forgot about New Relic, I got a weird email from another account at New Relic with a generic name like from a spam bot, stating “We have just recently filled this position, and unfortunately, will not be able to move forward with your candidacy at this time...” as if I was pestering them regarding my candidacy or still wanted to work there. Somebody there wanted to explicitly tell me that the position went to somebody else. It may have just been that weird recruiter getting mental over me ghosting him, as if he did nothing to deserve that.

My evaluation: Weird and impersonal experience that implies a not so great company culture.

Procurement Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview scheduled....abruptly canceled24 hours before schulded call. Recuiter apologized for confusion, stated team had changed their mind about what they were looking for? Bizarre and rambling email did not clarify or justify.

Interview Questions

• No contact with a actual person. Only contact was through email.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter then another EA and then the EA to the executive itself, the final round would've been with the Executive but didn't get that far or to the final round

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard vanilla questions. What were your biggest struggles, accomplishments, how do you deal with difficult co-workers, et al The final interviewer though was ill prepared and condescending though   Answer Question

New Relic Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Manager, Recruiting Operations/Sales Recruiting

Hello- I manage our Recruiting Operations team at New Relic and would like to speak with you about your experience. Can you please email me back at resume@newrelic.com, if you are willing, to... More

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process had three steps -

1. Phone screen
    2. On-site interview with the manager
    3. A 4-5 hour interview with the team and various stakeholders

Expectations were clearly communicated and feedback was provided on time. The team is very engaged and enthusiastic and the process was well managed.

Interview Questions

• This interview was for a management role and so the questions were around people management, stakeholder communication and details of past projects executed.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New Relic (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager reached out to me to gauge my interest and brought me in for a 60 minute chat very quickly. I had a full day of in person, one on one interviews with managers throughout the organization. I had lunch with the team I would manage and a one on one interview with one of the engineers. New Relic made me feel comfortable and welcome, and responded promptly to all my requests and questions throughout the process.

Software Engineer - Mobile Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic.

Interview

First of all, the process started with a mail informing me that we would like to schedule a call using calendly. Then when I schedule there was no show from the recruiter at the scheduled time. After a follow-up mail, I got an apology mail informing me to reschedule it. I went on to schedule it on the same day.

And surprise :D there was no call again and the best part comes here when I get a rejection mail from them with the same template everyone uses AT THE RESCHEDULED TIME :D.

Worst experience ever.

Interview Questions

• None asked as they sent a rejection mail at the scheduled call time   Answer Question

Vice President, Customer Success - Key Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

In Summary: Under-impressive and slow.
    The recruiter was unorganized, unresponsive, and set expectations about next steps that were not followed through. After a multi-week silence, my internal referral had to inquire directly to receive a "Thanks but no Thanks" message.

Interview Questions

• General experience pertinent to engaging with Enterprise customers   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Interview

Application

Interview

They are very responsive if you have experience in the APM market. Is was fairly quick and coordinated well. I give praise to the HR folks for staying on top of the process for as many people they want to hire. Unfortunately as the process evolved their was a sense of something being hidden like a cultural flaw that they did not want revealed. I got the impression that the job is incredibly robotic. Heavy use of SFDC leads to less personal collaboration and human intervention which is usually done in SAAS companies to get rid of people quickly. I felt friction in the sales community and felt a sense of phoniness with the sales team. Unfortunately this company may be great on the technical side of the house but not the sales side.

Interview Questions

• Take me through a sales process front to end.   1 Answer

Strategy Consultant, Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Call with HR. Call with Hiring Manager. Call with employee on another team who you would work closely with. Onsite with Hiring Managers Boss, Hiring Mangers Colleague and Hiring Manager. HR came along for the ride reaching out regularly. Explaining to me that he was my "Agent" as though I was a athlete. HR tried to get very personal, knowing I was interviewing at more then one place, wanted to know where New Relic was on my "list". HR sent me their benefits and wanted to talk hard numbers before the onsite, as he didn't want to negotiate after the fact. HR wanted to speak to me in transit to the onsite. HR advised me the role was "mine to lose". HR wanted to have a call right after the onsite, and hoped to speak to me the next day to discuss offer. Then the ghosting began. It wasn't clear dodging me, rather, give me a call but I am out of pocket all day, now I am traveling and the timezones are tough but send me times when you can speak. That was the last message I got before the HR co-ordinator sent me their general decline email. This isn't unlike others who have mentioned similar antics. Glad I got to see it before joining the org.

** STAY AWAY**

Interview Questions

• General behavior. Create a solution for CDN's. Array questions.   Answer Question