New Relic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

For the interview process on the marketing end, I initially met with my VP, head of competitive, and those who would be my peers. the interviews went smoothly, and I genuinely felt that everyone cared about interacting and gathering my feedback...I felt welcome.

They wanted to my approach to product marketing, specifically around moving products through a go-to-market strategy.

After initial interviews with marketing, I moved on to speak with members of their product teams. I believe they wanted to understand how well I would work alongside my peers within their product division.

In all, their interview process ran smoothly, with a rep from recruiting guiding all interactions and next steps.

The people at New Relic are serious about making great products for their very technical DevOps audience, but not so serious that they avoid talking about the human element (which matters equally to them).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you took a product to market previously.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New Relic.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. Had a 30 minute phone call followed by another phone call with the hiring manager later that week. One week later I was invited to the office for a series of 4 interviews and ultimately accepted the job. Very efficient and streamlined process.

Interview Questions

• What professional accomplishment are you the most proud of?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied to a recruiter and screened by her (phone interview). I then had a 2 hour onsite with 4-5 people on the talent acquisitions team. Then a 1 hour follow up video interview with Hiring Manager & Employment Brand Specialist.
    I had a wonderful experience- from in the interview process up until the on boarding. Every person I met with was very welcoming and friendly. Instead of the usual one sided interrogation that can happen in interviews, my interview was very personable. The team took a genuine interest in who I was as a person, rather than just if I was capable to perform the responsibilities. I could tell that they truly aligned themselves with the values of the company, which was very important to me. They had amazing organizational and follow-up skills, and I started within a week of my interview ( They are not about wasting time- yours or their own). Also, they are so approachable. If I ever had a question or had to reschedule, they were there every step of the way being super flexible and encouraging. I'm so glad to be a part of the team!

Interview Questions

• How would you describe collaboration? What does it look like? What does it mean to you?

Describe a time when a project or task didn't go as planned. What did you do assure that the task was completed or compensated for?   Answer Question

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was very organized and they moved fast. They were serious and did not waste time calling again and again. I was very happy with the entire New Relic Interviewing and on-boarding process, they did a great job.

Interview Questions

• One questions was on the challenges faced and how did i resolve it?   Answer Question

Interview

Contacted by New Relic for coffee. Had coffee, then two lunch meetings, then a half day of onsite interviews. Spoke with ~15 people all told. Long process, but the timing worked really well for me, and I was able to get a good feel of the company.

Senior Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached did a phone screen initially and then proceeded to set up an on-site interview via email. The on-site interview was about 4 hours in which I met with about 7-8 different people in 30 minutes increments.

Interview Questions

• Specific Salesforce knowledge check (ex: what are the different types of reports available?)   1 Answer

Enterprise Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (Washington, DC) in January 2018.

Interview

Highly professional and organized. Great experience. Recruiting team was a pleasure to deal with and always managed the timeline and process efficiently and accurately. Everyone in the process was also consistent and very positive.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and conducted a phone screen. Afterwards I was forwarded to the hiring manager. Everything was very unscripted and just plain unorganized. The hiring manager kept running on and wasn't focus or sure about what to ask, so I just kind of interviewed what normally would happen in an interview. That was an initial sign that this company is not organized. I had to continuously reach out to them to get updates on next steps. After speaking with the hiring manager they had me speak to a panel of 4 interviewers, afterwards they said they would reach back out to me. That didn't happen. I had to ask them for an update. They mentioned I had to interview with another person, the last person. This would be the fourth interview. After completing another unscripted interview, they said they would reach out to me. That didn't happen. I came back asking for another update. Im glad i didn't get an offer as they clearly are not organized and are lacking proper processes in place just to hire someone. Thanks but no thanks.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at New Relic in January 2018.

Interview

Started with an initial phone screening, then a phone interview, then a "case study." Followed that up with some video interviews with team members/leaders.

It was frustrating to not get an offer after 4 weeks of interviews, all of which went very well by their own words. After nearly a month of getting to know my skills and capabilities directly, they hired based on résumé. It felt like quite a waste of everybody's time.

Interview Questions

• How would you define an "Agile" software development methodology?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe a DevOps model to a company's Executive Director of Operations?   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic.

Interview

The recruiter was bubbly and very excited to speak with me. She said that I would like the female leadership at New Relic. She had me immediately speak with the hiring VP (within 5 minutes). Good conversation then onto face to face mtg. However, they never sold me on New Relic, only interested in what I could do for them.

Interview Questions

• The first question was "who can you call and get me into in Las Vegas?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic in December 2017.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter, hiring manager, technical sales manager, sales rep, CSM team lead and CSM Director, all within two weeks, everyone was highly professional, clear, concise, open, direct, constructive, passionate and very bright. Extremely impressed with the overall interview process.

Interview Questions

• Please give me a brief overview of your career to date and what has brought you to this point. Please give a real-world example of how your 'out of the box' thinking made a difference with a client. What do you know about New Relic? and our marketspace?   1 Answer