New Relic Reviews

4.7
New Relic CEO and Founder Lew Cirne
Lew Cirne
Pros
Cons
  • "Typical growing pains of many high growth companies(in 42 reviews)

• "No cons that are worth mentioning(in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Generous Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at New Relic full-time for more than a year

Pros

The attitude around here is very positive and I am not just trying to plug the company. People are treated with respect, executive leadership is courteous and down to earth. There is a lot of opportunities to grow and take on new challenges. I didn't realize what a good company really was until I got here and I have worked at some major global companies. The feel here is to build a long term company that will last by building great products and having a deep vision, as opposed to salting the earth looking for more revenue and letting the products slide... And yes, great offsite meetings used to connect and learn with coworkers out of the office.

Cons

Normal growing pains that come with scale. Because of the growth and success of the company leadership has been known to get headhunted for bigger opportunities then New Relic can offer. This can be stressful but everyone seems to take it in stride, they let things evolve and we all seem to grow and mature.

New Relic2019-12-05

"Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at New Relic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is fair and can be great for good performance. Management team is solid, and unusually empathetic to market conditions and individual contributor specific situations - a rarity in the enterprise software space, especially for a leader. Lew Cirne is probably the most approachable founder/CEO you will ever meet.

Cons

We stalled in new product introduction / innovation ~ 2 years ago. But it is more than being made up for now, with so many new capabilities being introduced that it is hard to keep up with.

New Relic2020-06-02

"Best place to work, hands down"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at New Relic full-time for more than a year

Pros

* The culture of New Relic is open, honest and welcoming. As a member of the LGBTQIA+ community, it is refreshing to be part of an organization that doesn't just pay lip service to inclusion but actively seeks it out. * New Relic is used by many companies small and large as critical infrastructure. The scale that New Relic operates is impressive. * There's a constant appetite to do better and be better. Our leadership team constantly asks for us to be BOLD. From what I've found, most are ready to take this on full force.

Cons

* Some reluctance to adopt new technology or ways of operating. We've only just now started a cloud migration. * Employees that were "here from the beginning" are reluctant to change their ways and are often stuck in the small company mindset. * 401k match is low for the industry

New Relic2020-06-01
  4. "Front Desk Coordinator"

Current Employee - Front Desk Coordinator

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very welcoming company environment and lots of great benefits. You can tell the people working there really are passionate about the work.

Cons

A tad less professional than I'm use to. Training was very lax and unstructured.

New Relic2020-05-29
  5. "New Relic has it all!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Trainer in Portland, OR

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pros: People, culture, values that are ACTUALLY driving all employees and leaders actually are invested in these values, clear mission, treatment of customers, learning & development opportunities, benefits, etc.

Cons

None so far that I see. I see the company trying to streamline a lot of things for customers and I believe that they are doing the same for employees as well.

New Relic2020-05-28
  6. "Great Culture and full of amazing people"

Current Employee - Solution Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at New Relic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture Easy to grow your career within the company and change function Community presence Good benefit and pay Strong management and leadership some of the best people I have ever worked with Equal pay regardless of gender or status

Cons

Not a lot of diversity Becoming more or less like a corporate and no longer feel like a small hip company

New Relic2020-05-15
  7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at New Relic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-My Work has Impact - I feel like the work I do has direct impact to the life of the company. -My Work is Recognized (Positively) - My team and other teams have expressed their gratitude for my contributions. It is a great feeling to be appreciated. -I get Meaningful Feedback - We get reviewed on a regular basis. The feedback, both positive and negative, help me to become a better employee -Great Work/Life Balance - My manager works with me to make sure I take plenty of time off. They also help support my work schedule so I am not dealing with crazy commute hours. -Great Opportunities for Career Advancement - My manager works with me about advancing my career.

Cons

Honestly, there are no major cons that affect me on a professional level.

New Relic2020-05-14
  8. "Dynamic company with incredible culture"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

People, people, people. I never dreamed I'd work with so many thoughtful, dedicated, compassionate colleagues. No end of challenges and the support to succeed.

Cons

The closest I can come to a con is that things are constantly changing here, so if you're after nice, boring, easy work this may not be the place for you.

New Relic2020-05-15
  9. "If you're thinking of making a change - come to New Relic!"

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture; PeopleTeam support; support to managers; clear expectations; values we actually live by; C-Suite we can trust! We care about clients and that's everyone's North Star. During COVID not only New Relic has been kind, supportive, and inclusive to the employees - we are committed to helping the local communities as well. I can proudly say I work here, any day!

Cons

Literally NONE! Everyone is genuinely wants to do their best work, business outlook is exciting, product is superb!

New Relic2020-05-14
  10. "Best organization I've ever worked at"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer Level III in Portland, OR

I have been working at New Relic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Real focus on healthy work-life balance Conscious avoidance of siloing information Highly functional teams, with strong collaboration Management is there to clear the path and provide guidance Strong career growth opportunities VERY robust D&I department Strong focus on company values -- not just a collection of words, but ideals which are constantly being striven toward

Cons

If you are not some sort of nerd, you may feel out of place

Found 430 reviews