New Relic Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
New Relic CEO and Founder Lew Cirne
Lew Cirne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Amazing place to work if you are looking for autonomy and work life balance" (in 32 reviews)

• "Great product driven company that is driven by customer feedback" (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains from building the infrastructure to support a billion dollar company" (in 28 reviews)

• "Middle management is just horrible" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"New Relic is truly special company"

I have been working at New Relic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, great benefits and compensation, maniacal customer focus, massive YOY growth and culture best of best.

Cons

Need great people to keep up with our growth

Advice to Management

Never stop the focus on our customer and being such an ethical and transparent company for our customers, employees, partners and shareholders.

2. "Come live your best life with New Relic"

Current Employee - Support Customer Experience Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Support Customer Experience Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at New Relic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, culture, work environment, flexibility, amazing co-workers, snacks, events,

Cons

There will be days that you are challenged more than you would like.

3. "Good Company that still has a lot to learn"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Portland, OR

I worked at New Relic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location in Portland (downtown), nice facilities, up to date technology

Cons

lacking in training, not enough ramp up time allowed, management wants robotic people who can adapt with no time permitted, unsympathetic, extremely fast paced, managers need training on internal processes.

Advice to Management

New Relic is still a somewhat young company but management should be aware of the time that is required to ramp up a new employee (generally 3-6 months). Work with your hires to help them settle in and become comfortable with processes and procedures. Starting a new job is stressful and the first few months should be considered "learning time". Mistakes will be made, but don't be so quick to point fingers or terminate. Research the cost of hiring a new person and invest in your hires. You can't properly measure someones ramp up time in 2-3 weeks and then tell them they are not moving fast enough. Also, middle leaders need to learn how to communicate if there are problems. Don't tell your people "doin great buddy", then blindside them one day by saying "your employment ends today".

4. "Great company and people to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at New Relic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing benefits
    - Flextime off
    - Caring open culture
    - Top tier peers

Cons

It is too early to comment

5. "Software Engineering Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at New Relic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fantastic place to work. Great facility. Great people. Great technical challenges.

Cons

None that I can think of.

6. "Project manager"

Pros

Great benefits and great colleagues

Cons

Work hours can feel long and draining

Advice to Management

Survey employees more for a feel of company

7. "Helping customers be the very best in their digital initiatives!"

I have been working at New Relic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the key reason that I decided to accept the offer to join New Relic is because the Founder/CEO, Lew Cirne reminded me of Bill Hewlett, the co-founder of HP. A visionary engineer and management leader of his time. Both Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard, literally built HP from their garage and turning both HP and Silicon Valley into global icons. I feel that Lew is in the same category of being a pioneer and visionary leader of the current cloud era. New Relic is already a category king of the APM space but with plenty of room to grow. As more and more companies going through digital transformation, New Relic is the company they can rely on to help them through the process. In Lew's own words, "we are all about helping customers be the very best in their digital initiatives!" New Relic's people, product, culture and values support that statement. As a result, it is a great place to come to work...smart and motivated people helping customers adopt and optimize their digital transformation! And the place to be at this moment in history. Not only that you will have catbird seat to view the transformation but to actively partake in the digital revolution. Doing it with a barista at hand to serve you great coffee every morning along with endless snacks, fruits etc.

Cons

Drinking from a firehouse of information on products and processes. It will take time to get up to speed while the industry is changing on a daily basis. But this is not really a con if you like learning, and be in an exciting and growing industry.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing...and continuously highlight examples how management are living the core values (Be Bold, Accountable, Passionate, Authentic and Connected)

"Rookie Relic, livin' the dream!"

I have been working at New Relic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing benefits (medical/dental etc)
    - Flextime off
    - Caring open culture
    - Top tier peers -- Super smart and easy to work with
    - True dedication to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. In my first week onsite in Portland I was invited to a lunch meeting with the Engineering SVP and several women in engineering. The meeting was to discuss what challenges were faced as a woman and to brainstorm ideas on how to fix those issues. Within a few weeks, I saw initiatives go into place to fix those issues! I personally have never seen or heard of a company with this level of commitment.

Cons

So I'm a firm believer that no one is perfect, with that said I have found no cons for NR.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to be better. Your people can see it and it makes them happier to work for you!

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at New Relic full-time

Pros

I recently joined New Relic and am really happy with my decision to come here!

What I am impressed by the most so far:

1) People - Super collaborative, nice, and motivated
    2) Quality of Work - Ability to own important functions and work on interesting problems
    3) Culture - Work hard, play hard (with genuine respect for work / life balance)
    4) Products - Best in class offerings that are continuing to get better

I hope my experience continues to be this positive and I look forward to seeing the company grow.

I would also like to give props to the recruiting team who made the interview process very seamless and were super helpful in giving me the right context for each interview. I truly felt that they were vested in my success (beyond just filling their quotas) and a key reason I was able to secure the offer.

Cons

None that I have experienced so far :)

"Amazing Company ! It's like a playground for professional growth"

Current Employee - SDR in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SDR in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Relic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can build your own career path

Cons

Getting in the door.... but that happens when the competition is stiff